Limit On Aus Tourist Visas?

HI to all,

My girlfriend has recently visited Australia on a 3 months holiday visa that had been extended for another 3 months.

So in total she was here for 6 months after we had gone back to Thai together.

However I am trying to get her back here for my brother wedding in May.It has only been 4 months she has left.

Will it be difficult to apply for another tourist visa??

I myself will be travelling back to Thai in August at the same time as her for work and have documents to prove this. will this help??

Thank you in Advance

Andy

It shouldn't be a problem, but you would certainly want to include a copy of the wedding invitation that has both of your names on it. Clearly state that that is the reason for her wanting to visit Australia.

Regards

Bridge

It shouldn't be a problem, but you would certainly want to include a copy of the wedding invitation that has both of your names on it. Clearly state that that is the reason for her wanting to visit Australia.

Regards

Bridge

When you fill out the form this time, tick the Multiple entry box. I did and had a confirmed reply in 5 days with the right paperwork.

The next one should be ok but it may get difficult after that.....Although it is at the discretion of the Embassy, they usually allow three visas (the extension may count as number two) before declaring that the person is no longer a genuine tourist.

Having said that.....it states on the website that the visa is for Tourism AND visiting family and friends which would seem to counter the non genuine tourist claim......

:):D

Its something I don't understand, so long as they are not back to back to back visa's whats the problem?, they seem to want to force people into rushing into a more permanent settlement situation ie: partner visa as apposed to just letting a couples relationship progress slowly and at a normal pace and thus giving the couple a genuine amount of time to be sure its the right thing for both parties.

If you are of working age and trying to hold down a job and life in Australia you can't keep running over to Thailand for extended periods, why not allow a couple to use a higher number of Aus vistor visa's.

Just my thoughts.....

Its something I don't understand, so long as they are not back to back to back visa's whats the problem?, they seem to want to force people into rushing into a more permanent settlement situation ie: partner visa as apposed to just letting a couples relationship progress slowly and at a normal pace and thus giving the couple a genuine amount of time to be sure its the right thing for both parties.

If you are of working age and trying to hold down a job and life in Australia you can't keep running over to Thailand for extended periods, why not allow a couple to use a higher number of Aus vistor visa's.

Just my thoughts.....

I had the Embassy call me after applying for my wifes second tourist visa (back to back) and was told that she would be granted the visa but dont bother applying again unless its a Fiancee Visa. They read me like a book. She wasnt a genuine tourist as such on the last tourist visa and they knew it but still granted it. I had a bit of sour grapes with immigration for a while but the fact is, these rules are in place for good reason and there are alot of people abusing the system. 3rd application was for a Fiancee Visa and it was granted very quickly and all at the embassy were very helpful throughout the whole process. Our relationship was obviously genuine and there was no way they could refuse it. I spent many weeks studying the application and gave them no reason to doubt it. We are now happily married and about to apply for the spouse visa onshore and Im 100% certain it will be granted.

Regards,

Troy.

Just my thoughts.....

We are supposed to have a recipricol Visa agreement with Thailand........we go there as many times as we want and get visas on entry......they have to get a visa before they come here and are usually restricted to how many are issued......go figure that one

"We are supposed to have a recipricol Visa agreement with Thailand........we go there as many times as we want and get visas on entry......they have to get a visa before they come here and are usually restricted to how many are issued......go figure that one

"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though the agreement was

for the Visa Subclass 462 not toursit visa's.

Either way, it's pretty obvious why it's easier for an Aussie

to get to Thailand than the other way around.

Mainly the job/economic situation.

Regards

Will

Hi,

My girl was here last September for 3 months only she was not allowed to apply for a 3 month extension at that time. When I spoke to Immigration they said she could apply for another Visa straight away when she returned home.

Hope this helps your inquiry.

Hi,

My girl was here last September for 3 months only she was not allowed to apply for a 3 month extension at that time. When I spoke to Immigration they said she could apply for another Visa straight away when she returned home.

I'd suggest that's because your girlfriend

had a "no further stay" condition on the

visa which is not uncommon.

Regards

Will

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I though the agreement was

for the Visa Subclass 462 not toursit visa's.

Either way, it's pretty obvious why it's easier for an Aussie

to get to Thailand than the other way around.

Mainly the job/economic situation.

Regards

Will

Geez mate.....wait till I extract my tongue from my cheek will ya??

Just another bit of information :- My Thai Lady (De-facto [not recognised in Thai but OK in Australia]) has just been granted her seventh 12 month Multiple Entry Visa over the last eight years. No problems if paperwork is complete.

Edit: Font changed to make post easier to read.

Forum Netiquette;

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

Edited by 7by7

Just another bit of information :- My Thai Lady (De-facto [not recognised in Thai but OK in Australia]) has just been granted her seventh 12 month Multiple Entry Visa over the last eight years. No problems if paperwork is complete.

Forum Netiquette;

1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

What would qualify for a couple to be de facto? I have been with my girlfriend for about one year.....

WoW!! 12 months Multi Entry Sounds great.....Now is there any difference from a usual Tourist Visa, in order to apply for this??

Price? Documents? ETC

Thanks guys Happy easter!

Everything the same......just tick the twelve month box on the application......and give reasons as to why you want a 12 month visa in a covering letter

Forum Netiquette;

What would qualify for a couple to be de facto? I have been with my girlfriend for about one year.....

You need to have been living together as man and wife for twelve months, This does not mean living with each other for twelve months but you must have spent a greater proportion of that time together......shared bills, bank accounts, rent leases in both names etc... can be offered as proof.

Just my thoughts.....

We are supposed to have a recipricol Visa agreement with Thailand........we go there as many times as we want and get visas on entry......they have to get a visa before they come here and are usually restricted to how many are issued......go figure that one

Australia does not have any such agreement with Thailand, it is a trade agreement only.

Just my thoughts.....

Australia does not have any such agreement with Thailand, it is a trade agreement only.

Read Post 13 David...

In fact we do have a recipricol visa agreement with Thailand and many countries........it is for the working holiday visa.

Hi,

I'd suggest that's because your girlfriend

had a "no further stay" condition on the

visa which is not uncommon.

Regards

Will

Correct. Next time I'm not sure whether to apply for 12 or 6 months when we bring the baby to Oz.

Just my thoughts.....

Read Post 13 David...

In fact we do have a recipricol visa agreement with Thailand and many countries........it is for the working holiday visa.

Yes one is aware of the working holiday visa, but FTAs do not extend to general immigration, just try and obtain a permanent resident visa for Thailand.

Correct. Next time I'm not sure whether to apply for 12 or 6 months when we bring the baby to Oz.

Up to you but if it were me I would go for the 12 month multi entry and see what you get.

Didn't know she could apply for a multi entry. Will have to look into that one for sure. Thanks.