Thai Visa Moderators Vow To Stop Deleting 75% Of The Funny Posts

TheItaliann

Bangkok - In a move that shocked local expats and Thai Visa users, the 200+ Thai Visa moderators, who call themselves the Brown Shirts have decided that they will no longer instant-delete funny or satirical comments posted by users. It is estimated that this measure will both increase the quality of discussion and the traffic of the forum. Currently, there are over 8000 posts deleted daily.

Edited by TheItaliann

I thought the level of censorship was just about right, and I only found it excessive when I had my witty and rapier like comments removed.

I think things are going to hot-up if the brakes are taken off the free for all comments, all topics will go off the rails. I do however have an alternative solution to censorship of the posts. How about, too remain a TV subscriber you have to attend some sort of “doo” 6 monthly, maybe a cheese and wine party, or something like that in an abandoned building, and everyone has to wear their TV nametags. I think that would be very funny, A bit like “Two smoking barrels” meets “One foot in the grave”

I thought the level of censorship was just about right, and I only found it excessive when I had my witty and rapier like comments removed.

I think things are going to hot-up if the brakes are taken off the free for all comments, all topics will go off the rails. I do however have an alternative solution to censorship of the posts. How about, too remain a TV subscriber you have to attend some sort of "doo" 6 monthly, maybe a cheese and wine party, or something like that in an abandoned building, and everyone has to wear their TV nametags. I think that would be very funny, A bit like "Two smoking barrels" meets "One foot in the grave"

Great idea, let me sharpen the shotgun :)