Cbr150 To England

meuok

I have given my son my Honda CBR150, which he will export to England.

1) Can anyone recommend a packer/shipper in this area

2) I would appreciate any imput from anyone who has actually exported a bike to the UK. Are there any problems or pitfalls?

3) Will this bike need any modifcations to conform to England's finicky regulations?

I shipped 4 v-max 1200cc bikes from Canada to England fairly sraight forward.You have to empty the tank and disconnect the battery not sure if the exhaust will pass Englands regs or noise though. Make sure you have all paper work that goes with the bike. You will have to pay a duty in England when you pick it up.

After all the costs with shipping and duty plus you have to register it to Swansea it might be better to sell it and send the money instead.

2) I would appreciate any imput from anyone who has actually exported a bike to the UK. Are there any problems or pitfalls?

3) Will this bike need any modifcations to conform to England's finicky regulations?

I shipped 4 v-max 1200cc bikes from Canada to England fairly sraight forward.You have to empty the tank and disconnect the battery not sure if the exhaust will pass Englands regs or noise though. Make sure you have all paper work that goes with the bike. You will have to pay a duty in England when you pick it up.

After all the costs with shipping and duty plus you have to register it to Swansea it might be better to sell it and send the money instead.

How about sending a NSR 150SP 2stroke into Canada? I don't think the 2 stroke will pass emissions...any experience w/shipping bikes to Canada?

Never shipped to Canada but had a friend who bought bikes and shipped to England with no modifications and you know how strict UK is. Depends what year the bike is which depends on what is ok. But I know Canada is strict on emissions.

However no adays unless it has a souped up exhaust which will be to loud for the laws I think it would be fine.Even if it wasn't which is unlikely putting a different exhaust on it would solve the prob.

How about sending a NSR 150SP 2stroke into Canada? I don't think the 2 stroke will pass emissions...any experience w/shipping bikes to Canada?

• 1 year later...

I have been riding my cbr 150 all over thailand for the last year. Make sure you have got a manual for it. And if you. do could you possibly send me the details where i can get a copy. These bikes are made in thailand and the dealers wont sell one to me. a good little bike. regularly check for rust in the tank

When importing to England, it is easier to use an agent such to clear the goods,

Duty is payable when the goods arrive in Europe and vat when the goods arrive in the UK

To find out the DUTY rate, you have to call customs and get a tariff number, then you have to call a second department and they will give you the percentage,

Or you could just contact a shipping agent that will have all the info for you