Countries That Don't Require Visas For Thai Nationals

I looked at the Thai Foreign Ministry website and it says Thais can go to places like Mexico or Italy without a pre-arranged visa, that all they need is their passport. My wife has her thai passport and also her U.S. permanent resident card. So is she truly free to go to cuntries like these just on her passport? I want to plan a trip for us.

No, they need a visa for Mexico if they're going to go 100+ miles from the border (i.e., arrive by plane to Mexico City, Cancun, etc). I'm sure Italy requires a visa as well, unless of course they have the Schengen visa thingy the europeans on this forum are always talking about.

The non-third world countries off the top of my head that Thais can go to sans visa is South Africa, Egypt, Russia?, Brazil, Singapore and South Korea, I believe.

Might check again, unless they have one of these passports. Maybe I am reading it wrong though.

I. List of Countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic or official or service/special passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 30 and 90 days

http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2495

Might check again, unless they have one of these passports. Maybe I am reading it wrong though.
I. List of Countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic or official or service/special passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 30 and 90 days

I wonder if a permanent U.S. resident card does anygood.

I wonder if a permanent U.S. resident card does anygood.

yK8MRi.gifLIST OF COUNTRIES WHICH HAVE CONCLUDED AGREEMENTS ON THE EXEMPTION OF VISA REQUIREMENTS WITH THAILAND I. http://' target="_blank">List of Countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of diplomatic or official or service/special passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 30 and 90 days

• 30 DAYS

1. Cambodia

2. China

3. Hong Kong SAR

4. Laos

5. Macau SAR

6. Mongolia

7. Myanmar

8. Oman

9. Vietnam

• 90 DAYS

1. Argentina

18. Malaysia

2. Austria

19. Mexico

3. Belgium

20. The Netherlands

4. Bhutan

21. Nepal

5. Brazil

22. Panama

6. Chile

23. Peru

7. Costa Rica

24. The Philippines

8. Croatia

25. Poland

9. Czech Republic

26. Romania

10. Germany

27. Russian Federation

11. Hungary

28. Singapore

12. India

29. Slovak Republic

13. Israel

30. South Africa

14. Italy

31. Switzerland (including Liechtenstein)

15. Japan

32. Tunisia

16. Korea : Republic of Korea

33. Turkey

17. Luxembourg

34. Ukraine

35. Uruguay (effective 16 October 2008)

II. List of countries which have concluded agreements on the exemption of visa requirements for holders of ordinary passports with Thailand and permitted to stay for a period of not exceeding 30 and 90 days

• 30 DAYS

1. Hong Kong SAR (***)

2. Laos

3. Macau SAR (***)

4. Mongolia

5. Russia

6. Vietnam

(***) According to the Agreements on Exemption of Visa Requirements between Thailand and Hong Kong SAR and between Thailand and Macau SAR, all types of Thai passports including diplomatic and offcial passports shall be exempted from visa requirements for a visit of not exceeding 30 days to Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.

• 90 DAYS

1. Argentina

2. Brazil3. Chile4. Republic of Korea5. Peru NB : Nationals of countries which hold Agreements on Visa Exemption Requirements with Thailand intending to work or stay in Thailand beyond the agreed bilateral arrangement must apply for an appropriate visa before entry into Thailand in order to submit the application for work or stay permit.

quite confusing, so does she need some type of "special" passport?