Which Uk Visa

Hi all first post here.

Bit confused as to which visa to apply for. i have a wife in thai i am uk national long term plan is for me to live in thai would like the wife to come here for 2-3 months which visa should we apply for.

Advise please

If she just wants to visit then she should apply for a family visit visa using Form VAF1B.

This will allow her to stay in the UK for a maximum of 6 months at a time and visitors are usually only allowed a maximum of 6 months in the UK out of any 12.

She will need to show that there are sufficient finances for the visit and adequate accommodation for her. She will also need to show that she will return to Thailand, or at least leave the UK, at the end of her stay. If you are living in the UK and she in Thailand then I would recommend that you explain in your covering letter why she only wants to visit and does not want to live in the UK with you.

See Visitors: Visiting family; friends; as a tourist.

For where and how to apply, fees etc. see UK visa application website.

Hi 7by7 thanks for reply

we did think about doing settlement visa but is a lot of money we are a bit worried we wont get the visitor visa because of the reason to return, she does have a son and own property we hope this will be enough for the immigration.

The main thing here is that a Family visit visa has the right of appeal should you get refused.

I am not suggesting you will get refused, but as 7/7 has inserted all the relevant information in regards to your question I have little to add.

Good luck.