Has The Time Come For Abhisit To Crack Down On The Lawless Red Protesters?

Jingthing

Time to crack down? If not now, when?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reds I think are trying for a response, they are getting desperate. They can't seriously believe they will still be in BKK on the 20th.

This is precisely the kind of thing that was being repeated over and over again on this very forum---3 weeks ago....by the same people "They will go home as soon as the sticky rice and stinky fish runs out"....."It's a huge failure....did not get the numbers...no support".... "They are desperate...total failure" blah blah blah.

Any yes of course they are trying for a response.... what the hel_l do you think they went to Bankok for.... the nightlife??

If the government orders the police and/or army to "crack down" now...the roads to Bankok will be backed up for 100Kms with more of the people from the North

who have been watching all this on television but not actively involved.... and there are a great many more of them than those of you watching from your condos in BKK think.

The response they want is for parliment to be disolved and new elections held... now. I think they have made that pretty clear....at least to anyone listening.

Before you all join in with the usual chorus of "Thaksin apologist" or " another redshirt supporter"....NO...I am no such thing....just giving the other side of a very troubling story which so many seem to be blindly unable to accept. Breaking up this crowd with water cannons and tear gas is not going to win the day, its too late for that...they have the wind behind them and they know it. The government has placed themselves between a rock and a hard place. Dammed if they act...dammed if they don't. Time will tell..

Meanwhile...the baht is strong as ever and the Taiex is up 9% over the last 3 weeks....should have bought in when the pickup truck were on they way down from Issan.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats the point... in order to chose that option you have to disregard the rediculous part about "no matter how violent they get" and the person who wrote the poll can then claim..

Look at how "bad" and "unreasonable" the red supporters are... they would agree to break the protesater NO MATTER HOW VIOLENT THE REDS GET...

Also, it will greatly reduce the number of votes by poeple who support not breaking up the protests which will allow them to claim that "The vast majority" are against the reds...

It is simply a case of writing the questions in a way to gaurantee you get the results you want in order to support your own opinion...

Thats the point... in order to chose that option you have to disregard the rediculous part about "no matter how violent they get" and the person who wrote the poll can then claim..

Look at how "bad" and "unreasonable" the red supporters are... they would agree to break the protesater NO MATTER HOW VIOLENT THE REDS GET...

Also, it will greatly reduce the number of votes by poeple who support not breaking up the protests which will allow them to claim that "The vast majority" are against the reds...

It is simply a case of writing the questions in a way to gaurantee you get the results you want in order to support your own opinion...

You win, mate. This is a biased poll. Did I say it wasn't? Some of my polls are objectively written. This one isn't because it comes from the presumption that the red shirts and Thaksin are destroying Thailand. Sorry, can't be objective about that.

Ah yes, the Thai economy will crumble.......all beacause a few thousand people are standing on a street corner expressing the fact that they are not happy with their lot!!!!

Your trivialization of the damage they have ALREADY done is simply a lie.

No trivialization on my part......1 death as the result of a 'crackdown' cannot be financially justified!!!

The Thaksin reds (as recently proven once again) are not a force you can have good faith negotiations with. They are all or nothing. That is obvious. So this totally peaceful solution is IMPOSSIBLE.

Short term defeatist attitude Jing.......everything is possible.......some things just take a little longer....... :)

They are destroying the economy of Thailand. I suppose they can wait until after Songkran ends and let them continue to do damage and then see if they just burn out. It would be nice if they could force Thaksin to pay for the economic damages though.

Ah yes, the Thai economy will crumble.......all beacause a few thousand people are standing on a street corner expressing the fact that they are not happy with their lot!!!!

bet you'd change your tune if you owned a shopping center or hotel in that area!?

When should Abhisit crack down? Pressure is building for him to show a reaction. How do you feel about it?
To be completely democratic he should piss around as they did for the Yellow Shirts at the airport and parliament grounds. Can't vote here!

Abhisit wasn't in power back then, do you know that? So it is not at all relevant.

But he has been in charge for quite some time now... so how are those criminal cases against the yellows coming along under his leadership?

I didn't realize that no criminals that commited crimes under a previous government were immune to prosecution... I guess someone should tell that to all of the people arrested and convicted of crimes that they committed before the current governemtn took power.

By that very argument, the current government should not have convicted Thaksin for his crimes because "it happened when another government was in charge".

You, sir, I have absolutely no idea what it is you're trying to say, or which side you want to support if any. Rediculous indeed.In the poll, perhaps the third option should be rephrased to "He should only crack down if the protests become more violent". "Wait for them to become more violent" sounds a bit morbid. I see nothing wrong with the poll otherwise.

Latest is UOB is closed as is Paragon and Amari Plaza. Also Krung thai closed government House, Rajdamnoen, Education Ministry, Central World, Patunam centre and metro Electrcity Plonchit branches.

What next? these thugs will not be happy until the entire bangkok metro area is closed.

Do something Abhisit NOW to bring this madness to an end. :)

Lets be clear. The red shirt LEADERS have openly stated their violent intentions. Simply read their words. You don't need an editorial interpretation, they said it. (And they should be arrested for it.) It is that easy. In that sense, this poll is written to reflect what the red leaders have said. If that makes them look bad, blame them, not me.

Edited by Jingthing

I think the time to start whinging about the economy is when they come somewhere close the the losses caused by the airport closure.

I believe to protest is a right, and as Thailand is still trying to get on the United Nations Human Rights Council they should let the protest continue.

Latest is UOB is closed as is Paragon and Amari Plaza. Also Krung thai closed government House, Rajdamnoen, Education Ministry, Central World, Patunam centre and metro Electrcity Plonchit branches.

What next? these thugs will not be happy until the entire bangkok metro area is closed.

Abhisit is currently in a peace-keeping meeting at the 11th regiment.

Hope they decide to do something with a little bit more pressure than one of those ultimate last chance arrest warrant things.

I think the time to start whinging about the economy is when they come somewhere close the the losses caused by the airport closure.

I believe to protest is a right, and as Thailand is still trying to get on the United Nations Human Rights Council they should let the protest continue.

Peaceful protest is a right. Holding an entire nation hostage under threat of violence is not a right. Learn the difference. None of this would be tolerated in any western country.

Lets be clear. The red shirt LEADERS have openly stated their violent intentions. Simply read their words. You don't need an editorial interpretation, they said it. (And they should be arrested for it.) It is that easy. In that sense, this poll is written to reflect what the red leaders have said. If that makes them look bad, blame them, not me.

[/quot

I say the Govt should do the same as the red shirts. We will give you till 4pm to f@#k off then we wont take responsibility for what happens!!

Fight fire with fire.

The Govt could lose a lot of support and credibility if they let these morons (yes Morons) continue to cause havoc in BKK. How can they storm a govt building and then say they are peaceful protesters?

Water cannon the idiots/tear gas them then claim that it wasnt REAL police doing it, it was a 3rd hand or red shirts dressed as police.

"have openly stated their violent intentions. Simply read their words."

Source please.

Source please.

Find it yourself. It is all over this site. I am not your google. Anyone who has been reading the news knows this has happened.

Edited by Jingthing

Source please.

RGS, if JT finds you the source will you accept it without condition? Thought not.

Peaceful protest is a right. Holding an entire nation hostage under threat of violence is not a right. Learn the difference. None of this would be tolerated in any western country.

They are standing on an intersection!......peacefully in Bangkok!.......half the nation is possibly out preparing to plant rice, and, as has been said above will probably take little further interest unless something is done to totally destabilise the situation!!!!

Abhisit is currently in a peace-keeping meeting at the 11th regiment.

Hope they decide to do something with a little bit more pressure than one of those ultimate last chance arrest warrant things.

more talk and no action...that's what has been happening now for months and it has lead to this situation. no more talk. Time for action and action NOW !

Source please.

Do you just come on here cos you got nowt else to do? dont be lazy you can read what their intentions are in the nation newspaper, the bangkok post or even on the news (if you can understand Thai). we are not making it up. its well documented!

I wrote 'need to wait' because crack down implies an extremely forceful response with good probability of fatalities. Why not actually start deploying riot police? Crowds like these can be managed.

He should resign if he can’t get control of the situation right now

I wrote 'need to wait' because crack down implies an extremely forceful response with good probability of fatalities. Why not actually start deploying riot police? Crowds like these can be managed.

He should resign if he can't get control of the situation right now

Absolutely....might as well dissolve parliament while he's at it.... :)

Reuters: witness says hundreds of Thai protesters have forced their way into Bangkok's election commission building.

TV reports show reds roaming the ground floor of the EC building.

Red-shirt key leader Kwanchai Praiphana has announced on the makeshift stage in front of the EC HQ earlier that the protesters will seize the EC building if the 5 EC commissioners failed to personally explained why the party dissolution case against the Democrat party has been delayed in comparison against similar cases which had been filed against the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai and People's Power party.

THE NATION: "We will fight peacefully only." a red leader said. Only minutes ago they asked protesters to storm the building.

THE NATION: Arisman, back on stage, now threatens to visit EC head Apichart's home, "and we won't take reponsibility for what happens there."

Just to get you going cos your too lazy to look it up yourself!

The answer to my mind is obvious, just like any of us, they should be held accountable whenever or if ever the commit a crime..

It should be even handed too, the yellow shirts who broke laws at that time should be prosecuted too.

Reuters: witness says hundreds of Thai protesters have forced their way into Bangkok's election commission building.

Red-shirt key leader Kwanchai Praiphana has announced on the makeshift stage in front of the EC HQ earlier that the protesters will seize the EC building if the 5 EC commissioners failed to personally explained why the party dissolution case against the Democrat party has been delayed in comparison against similar cases which had been filed against the now-defunct Thai Rak Thai and People's Power party.

THE NATION: "We will fight peacefully only." a red leader said. Only minutes ago they asked protesters to storm the building.

THE NATION: Arisman, back on stage, now threatens to visit EC head Apichart's home, "and we won't take reponsibility for what happens there."

100 red shirts storm into EC head office....they should all be arrested for insite to riot

GMM Grammy cancelled is the latest. I guess the whole country needs to be cancelled or closed before this ineffectual government does anything real about stopping this madness.

Edited by wayne78

100 red shirts storm into EC head office....they should all be arrested for insite to riot

GMM Grammy cancelled is the latest. I guess the whole country needs to be cancelled or closed beore this ineffectual government does anything real about stopping this madness.

I cancelled an event that was due to be held this morning at the Grand Hyatt. Note the word cancelled, not postponed.

Abhisit deserves respect for his handling of the situation......he is clearly a much more balanced thoughtful person than many on this forum!!!

Agreed, Abhisit is doing a great job of handling a very difficult situation. My opinion of him has gone up tremendously in the past few weeks.

Having said that, I think that some groups of Reds, like the ones that broke into the EC office, should be arrested now.

When the Reds see their leaders being reluctant to post bail for a few hundred followers, they may start losing some of their fervor.

And all these bombs going off around the capital and elsewere are very thoughtful and restrained.....NOT !

I wonder if you would hold the same views if it were you or your loved ones who were injured or killed ?

this madness must come to an end and it must end now.