Uk Tourist Visa

A standard UK visit visa is valid for 6 months. As long as the holder leaves the UK on or before the expiry date then they have not broken the conditions of the visa. There is no need to inform anyone.

However, if staying for longer than originally stated on the application, the next time you apply for a UK visa a brief explanation of why your plans changed this time will avoid any questions about your credibility on that point. Although it's a minor point and would not, by itself, be grounds for a refusal, I feel it's better to try and anticipate any questions the ECO may have and answer them in the application rather than wait for the ECO to ask them!

A standard UK visit visa is valid for 6 months. As long as the holder leaves the UK on or before the expiry date then they have not broken the conditions of the visa. There is no need to inform anyone.

However, if staying for longer than originally stated on the application, the next time you apply for a UK visa a brief explanation of why your plans changed this time will avoid any questions about your credibility on that point. Although it's a minor point and would not, by itself, be grounds for a refusal, I feel it's better to try and anticipate any questions the ECO may have and answer them in the application rather than wait for the ECO to ask them!

thanks for all your advice over the last few weeks, gf is on her way to regents house as we speak to get her answer, fingers crossed!!

i think if we get a yes it will be down to the fact that i searched here endlessly and listened to your advice,

thanks once again and next time im in Bangkok I will buy you a large cold one !!!

yes! visa granted today, the whole process in 7 days too, thanks everyone who helped out with advice......

next stop... settlement visa ???? maybe :)

Congratulations :D

Can I ask how did you send your folder to Thailand? Got to do my application by the end of the month! :D:D

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

yes! visa granted today, the whole process in 7 days too, thanks everyone who helped out with advice......

next stop... settlement visa ???? maybe :)

Congratulations :D

Can I ask how did you send your folder to Thailand? Got to do my application by the end of the month! :D:D

RAZZ

my application weighed in at over 2kg so i just went for the standard recorded delivery air mail, it was about £26 and took 3 or 4 days to arrive in Bangkok.....

good luck with your visa and give them as much supporting docs as you can... i think maybe its all about dispelling any doubts they might have

my application weighed in at over 2kg so i just went for the standard recorded delivery air mail, it was about £26 and took 3 or 4 days to arrive in Bangkok.....

good luck with your visa and give them as much supporting docs as you can... i think maybe its all about dispelling any doubts they might have

Couple more points...

1 - Did you send two copies of the folder?

2 - Did you include original documents?

3 - Did you "highlight" each phone call or just include the bills?

4 - If you don't mind me asking, what did your gf have in the way of "funds"?

5 - Did you put "definitive" dates ie, want her to arrive on "X" and depart "Y"?

6 - Finally, I'm a bit unclear, did you use the Post Office to send it? :D

Once again, many thanks.

RAZZ

P.S. Sorry for so many questions, as you can see I'm getting a bit paranoid about the application now! :)

P.P.S. When is she coming to the UK? :D

Couple more points...

1 - Did you send two copies of the folder? No need

2 - Did you include original documents? Always include original docs

3 - Did you "highlight" each phone call or just include the bills? Highlight is better

As long has she has a history of banking it does not matter, you have Guaranteed for her

5 - Did you put "definitive" dates ie, want her to arrive on "X" and depart "Y"? Just when Visa is granted

6 - Finally, I'm a bit unclear, did you use the Post Office to send it? :D T N T better my Opinion

Once again, many thanks.

RAZZ

P.S. Sorry for so many questions, as you can see I'm getting a bit paranoid about the application now! :)

Couple more points...

1 - Did you send two copies of the folder? No need

2 - Did you include original documents? Always include original docs

3 - Did you "highlight" each phone call or just include the bills? Highlight is better

As long has she has a history of banking it does not matter, you have Guaranteed for her

5 - Did you put "definitive" dates ie, want her to arrive on "X" and depart "Y"? Just when Visa is granted

6 - Finally, I'm a bit unclear, did you use the Post Office to send it? :D T N T better my Opinion

Once again, many thanks.

RAZZ

no problem razz, if it wasnt for people on here answering my questions i would never of got the visa!

i should point out though that i am no expert, so anything i say is just my opinion.

1. no i just sent one copy

2. i did include original document, because i felt it showed that we were in a serious relationship as i trusted my gf with important business documents such as bank statements etc... word of caution though, my gf said that they have lost 1 document!!!

3. i included the international call section of my bt phone bill.. i sent copies of msn and skype conversations ...over 200 pages! ... over 100 dated photo's... cinema tickets, flight tickets, hotel bookings, receipts from gifts and western union money transfers... in fact anything at all that tied us together.

4. she had a little money in her bank, but we supplied over 2 years of bank details showing steady money going in... not a lot, but clearly working in thailand.

5. just said the plan was for a 2 month visit from april.

6. i used the post office... recorded airmail...

she is due in london friday... woohoo! god i hope she likes it here ...haha

best to be paranoid mate, we took 3 weeks compiling our application and went over each detail multiple times, and tried to see it from their point of view, sure if you love your gf you see it as being obvious to anyone else, but it aint!

also, my girlfriend was quizzed over the phone, at length (all be it by a very pleasant thai lady from the embassy) about our application, so make sure you are both clear about the details of your application..

good luck fella!!!

any more q's no problem... fire them over

good luck fella!!!

Cheers mate :D

I think I've got a year and a half of phone bills...I just don't fancy going through the whole lot with a highlighter pen! :):D

I'm reasonably confident. The gf has had work/travel visas to the USA and Europe...but she work's on a "contract" basis so I suppose she's technically "unemployed" at the moment.

A clarification - you just said you want your gf to come here "for a couple of months"...No specific dates?

Will be submitting it by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed :D

RAZZ

2. i did include original document, because i felt it showed that we were in a serious relationship as i trusted my gf with important business documents such as bank statements etc... word of caution though, my gf said that they have lost 1 document!!!

If possible you should supply original documents or certified copies. Some documents are kept on file by the embassy, so if you want the originals returned you should supply copies as well.

good luck fella!!!

Cheers mate :D

I think I've got a year and a half of phone bills...I just don't fancy going through the whole lot with a highlighter pen! :):D

I'm reasonably confident. The gf has had work/travel visas to the USA and Europe...but she work's on a "contract" basis so I suppose she's technically "unemployed" at the moment.

A clarification - you just said you want your gf to come here "for a couple of months"...No specific dates?

Will be submitting it by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed :D

RAZZ

we put that she would like to fly on 29th march and stay in the uk for 2 months... thats all

and the 29th had passed before the visa was ready anyway...

so i dont think it is important, of course we had to explain what was happening with her work and her son whilst she was here.

my gf had travelled to chile 3 times, and i think a little foreign travel will tend to put the embassy's mind at rest on the reason to return issue

7by7

Just out of interest 7by7, whats the deal with you and all the info you offer? Do you run some kind of agency? Whats your background?

Many thanks

DE

Not relevant to the topic, but I'll answer anyway.

Like most posters on this forum, and similar ones, I am an amateur. The information I post is gleaned from a combination of my own personal experience, that of others that I have read about here and elsewhere, the advice posted here and elsewhere by professionals and the information and guidelines published by the UKBA and other government departments and agencies.

Why do I do it? I guess it's to put something back in return for the help my wife and I received when we were going through the visa application process, ILR and citizenship.

7by7

Just out of interest 7by7, whats the deal with you and all the info you offer? Do you run some kind of agency? Whats your background?

Many thanks

DE

Not relevant to the topic, but I'll answer anyway.

Like most posters on this forum, and similar ones, I am an amateur. The information I post is gleaned from a combination of my own personal experience, that of others that I have read about here and elsewhere, the advice posted here and elsewhere by professionals and the information and guidelines published by the UKBA and other government departments and agencies.

Why do I do it? I guess it's to put something back in return for the help my wife and I received when we were going through the visa application process, ILR and citizenship.

nice one 7by7, if you are a buddhist then you're due some major good karma.... thanks again!

[quote name='7by7'

Good on you! Thats a fine attitude to have. :)

I realise this topic has moved away from its original subject but a lot of people that have gone through the traumas of visa applications are grateful for the support of members of the forum especially a few 'old faithfuls' - sorry if that sounds condescending!!!

Lot of people seem to return to the forum to help others (perhaps it is addictive!). Experience of a confusing system can be daunting and this forum has been a godsend to many of us!!

Thanks to all!!

Indeed, many members post of their experiences and offer advice. Not just for the UK but for the US, Australia and other countries. I would guess that most of the amateurs do so for the same reason as myself.

Although the professionals do often post free advice, I reckon they probably post mainly to attract business; and there is nothing wrong with that. There would be no point in them paying to sponsor the forum were it otherwise!

Can we get back on topic now, please?