Off Road 125cc Totally Legal

chiangrai

i have a lovely big off road but it's got no reg,

apparently it's worth 45k,it's got the papers for reg

not just an ordinary invoice,

if i sold it for 45,000 what couls i buy that would be totally legal for that price,

i see honda sonic off roads but do honda sell them like that or are they remodeled,

if so the insurance won't pay in the case of an accident

and you have to bribe a policeman every now and again,

i see yamaha make a nice 125cc but would you get one with a reg on my budjet.

all sugestions wellcome,

thanks

I'm not sure if they are road legal, but ATVPanther had some nice looking 125cc enduro called Diper 125 bikes on the Motorshow. I currently cannot find the Diper 125 on the ATVPanther website http://www.atvpanther.com/. Anyway you can call them, at the motorshow they were very capable of speaking English.

Real Motocross i think it will be difficult but here is something to play in the dirt.

The Sachs Kikass 125 XL goes for 57500 THB,- here: http://www.tigersachsclub.com/sproduct.html

The Tiger CX 135 E goes for 37500 THB and the Tiger CX 135 A goes for 39500 thb here: http://www.tigersachsclub.com/tproducts.html

Sachs gives a 2 year warranty on their bikes ( and almost all accesories from the KSR are intrerchanging to the kikass)

Tiger gives a 3 year or 30000 km warranty

hope that helps,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

granted the ksr/ kikass is a bit small ...

Wasnt there Platinum with an offroad bike too i think the PX 175? Not , that i heard many/any good story about them but still a cheap option for a legal bike.

Lifan and Ryuka has also some offroaders but you might have to topoff some money to the 45000 THb available - i am sure Richard has more info on Lifan and Ryuka available

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

Both Lifan LF200GY-5A and Ryuka Fly 150 are both good build machines, still they cost a bit more than the 45,000 Baht. Lifan has about 60 dealers in Thailand, which is actually still growing. The Ryuka is available from your local BigC supermarket, and some nationwide dealers.

I also have two friends who ride a Platinum PX motorcycle, one has a 125cc and the other a 175cc. It is weird to say, especially if you read on this forum the comments about Platinum motorcycles, that after almost 2-years the owners are still happy. Personally I would not recommend a Platinum motorcycle, they have sometimes in the same model line different engines and spare parts don't always fit... (Likely because the parts are source from different manufacturers in China, Vietnam, and other locations.) By the way Platinum Motorcycles is a Thai company.

Both Lifan LF200GY-5A and Ryuka Fly 150 are both good build machines, still they cost a bit more than the 45,000 Baht. Lifan has about 60 dealers in Thailand, which is actually still growing. The Ryuka is available from your local BigC supermarket, and some nationwide dealers.

I also have two friends who ride a Platinum PX motorcycle, one has a 125cc and the other a 175cc. It is weird to say, especially if you read on this forum the comments about Platinum motorcycles, that after almost 2-years the owners are still happy. Personally I would not recommend a Platinum motorcycle, they have sometimes in the same model line different engines and spare parts don't always fit... (Likely because the parts are source from different manufacturers in China, Vietnam, and other locations.) By the way Platinum Motorcycles is a Thai company.

Platinum maybe a thai Company but they seem to just assemble here. I don't hold this against them, as long as the product is decent and lasting...and thats where we hear different stories.

As for the CX 135 , they have a a quite different look but some offroad tour operator in northern Thailand(also Forum member here) swears to it's performance and loves it . I personally only driven a few curves on the CX 135.... my impression was that the engine was quite strong and bike is light and felt solid. I think it would rather be named as Cycle-Cross Bike.

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

The Tiger CX 135 is indeed a good alternative, I personal will not call it a cyclecross bike as that is something completely different if interested search for it - but it involves pedals and manual power.

I also know of some Thai's who convert Honda Nova Dash 125cc into off-road bikes, with its ultra-light weight and relative powerful 125cc two-stroke engine this bikes fly over the dirt. I often envy them, especially in the wet season, when I'm with my Honda CRF450 stuck into clay-like dirt.

The Tiger CX 135 is indeed a good alternative, I personal will not call it a cyclecross bike as that is something completely different if interested search for it - but it involves pedals and manual power.

I also know of some Thai's who convert Honda Nova Dash 125cc into off-road bikes, with its ultra-light weight and relative powerful 125cc two-stroke engine this bikes fly over the dirt. I often envy them, especially in the wet season, when I'm with my Honda CRF450 stuck into clay-like dirt.

actually used the wrong word...meant Scooter-cross

Some pictures of the Diper 125cc. I cannot remember the price, but they were surely not expensive, and are surely a bit bigger then the KSR 110 or the Sachs KickAss

Looks like a cub engine variant too.. So likely to be able to make it big bore easily..

While I expect it to be a bit naff.. Probably OK for a falling off toy..

Also.. Dont see any plates or lights tho.. Isnt the point road legal ??

Edited by LivinLOS

You can find the Lifan dealers here, but it helps to call the distributor if you cannot find one in your area - apparently the amount of dealers is still growing quickly - http://www.lifanthai.com/dealer/

Ok thanks. i see there are 2 with a Nakhom Pathom number will try and find out where they are. I gotta say not an awe inspiring bike lineup though!

Some pictures of the Diper 125cc. I cannot remember the price, but they were surely not expensive, and are surely a bit bigger then the KSR 110 or the Sachs KickAss

Also.. Dont see any plates or lights tho.. Isnt the point road legal ??

yes,the point is legal.second hand is o.k.

i'm mot sure that the prices people are quoting are with or without plates,

but thanks fot all the help,

i have a honda ftr223cc,i'm told reg plates are 55,000 baht

Your bike is a 223cc Honda, I was told by the Department of Road Transport that the registration of a motorcycle not exceeding 250cc would be 600 Baht or was it 900 Baht? Is the remaining money for emission and road safety testing?

Op if you have all the paperwork and ALL import taxes are paid. eg the 3% and import taxes. then take it on down to the local Transport dept and see what happens. Not sure you can call an FTR223 a big off road bike :)

Edited by thaicbr

Op if you have all the paperwork and ALL import taxes are paid. eg the 3% and import taxes. then take it on down to the local Transport dept and see what happens. Not sure you can call an FTR223 a big off road bike :)

i wastold 55k but i haven't checked with the tax office,

i have all the papers maybe i sold check myself,