Need Help Finding A Country

I'm a Canadian with a Thai fiancee who also has a Thai son, and the three of us want to move out of Thailand within the next six months. Canada won't allow them in because of strict immigration laws (I've been in Thailand for over a year and have no steady Canadian work to prove that I can support them), unless I can show that I'm able to support them. Thing is, what I do for money is actually illegal in Thailand but is legal in most other countries, so I want to move the family to another country for a few years so I can declare my income and prove that I can support them.

What countries have easy immigration laws for Thai citizens for long stays? What resources are out there to help me find the right country? Does anyone have any advice for us? Thanks for any help!

-Keilah

I believe it is easy to get a 1 year Business visa in Cambodia(and extend) so you could possibly make your money there.

Not sure about longstays for Thais,though.....could have to exit/re-enter every 90 days ?

Others on the forum might know for sure.

Good Luck.

Look in www.wikipedia for Thai passport and there are about 50 countrys where Thais can go without big problems and without Visa or with Visa on arrival.

But, for long stay its a different story you have to surch for.

Depends also, where your GF family is situated in TH if she wants from time to time have a not so difficult and expensive journey to make for visiting them.

Laos and Cambodia-with a Businessvisa should be good solutions. Possibly also Malaysia-Langkawi, Penang.

<br />Look in www.wikipedia for Thai passport and there are about 50 countrys where Thais can go without big problems and without Visa or with Visa on arrival.<br />But, for long stay its a different story you have to surch for.<br />Depends also, where your GF family is situated in TH if she wants from time to time have a not so difficult and expensive journey to make for visiting them.<br />Laos and Cambodia-with a Businessvisa should be good solutions. Possibly also Malaysia-Langkawi, Penang.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thanks. Does anyone know of any businesses that help Thais with this sort of thing? Has anyone taken a Thai spouse with them to a Western country who could give me some tips?

Has anyone taken a Thai spouse with them to a Western country who could give me some tips?

Plenty of people have.

Firstly you need to decide which country; that you are Canadian would be no bar, for example, to you moving to the UK. However, you would need to show that you can adequately support and accommodate yourselves once there. I suspect that this is the same for most countries, Western or otherwise.

Being guilty of illegal activities wont help either.

" Thing is, what I do for money is actually illegal in Thailand but is legal in most other countries, so I want to move the family to another country for a few years..."

Then you should start searching for a country that accepts your method of generating income as "legal". Then, you can narrow your search...

Western countrys make a lot of problems for longstayers, special when not married or when not even the Westerner is a Passportholder of the country.

Much easyer to stay in South East Asia.

Cambodia still offers the easy possibility to apply for a Business Visa on arrival and that can monthly or yearly prolonged indefinitely without leaving the country.

Even the way to the Phnom Penh Immigration can be done by Agents in Cambodia. So easy.

About 35.- Dollar > a month and 330.- > a year.

Regards

Has anyone taken a Thai spouse with them to a Western country who could give me some tips?

Plenty of people have.

Firstly you need to decide which country; that you are Canadian would be no bar, for example, to you moving to the UK. However, you would need to show that you can adequately support and accommodate yourselves once there. I suspect that this is the same for most countries, Western or otherwise.

Being guilty of illegal activities wont help either.

Above is true, all of it.

However during these recessionary times immigration tends to take a closer look at these applications. For sure in Ireland you would need tobe able to show substantial funds in order to live without government help.

I think you will find that if you marry the woman, or live with her for whatever period that Canada accepts as true defacto relationship, you can all go to Canada regardless of what you earn wherever. Assuming the son is under 18 now and when you apply. You are not wanting a fiance visa for Canada, you are after a spouse visa.