How Bloody Really Hot Is It Today ?

orang37

WeatherUnderground for Chiang Mai showing a maximum of 105.8 F / 41 C at 5PM. TV weather showing 37 C.

That's quite a spread.

How hot are you ?

We are happy, at times, that the Orang went into the human rather than the reverse: wow, just think of how much hotter it would be to have that long stringy orange fur: on the other hand: you could get away with being bare-butted, we guess.

best, ~o:37;

The big LED time/temperature sign coming into town on the Hang dong rd read 42C at around 3pm this afternoon. not saying its accurate, but it registered as hot as I felt!

Our biggest problem is that we are on the top floor and theres a flat roof. Even the air conditioners going full blast, doesnt cool us enough.

Bring on the rain!!!!!

My computer is currently reading at 106° for CM, but as always it's not so much the heat as the humidity that makes it so unbearable.

I remember walking around the streets of Cairo a few years back. Bugger it was hot, but a more tolerable dry type of heat.

Here's the difference. You gob (phlegmy spit) on the floor and it's almost dried up before hitting the pavement. Here in the tropics of South East Asia, that same spit will still be resting there winking at you some 3 days later. In some cases it may have even mutated and resemble a jelly fish more than the deposits of a good throat clearing!!!

Aitch

I went to the cinema at Gat Suan Gow this afternoon to see Clash of Titans, just the right temperature (70bht + 15bht for cold pepsi).

Followed by an hour in an air conditioned coffee shop nearby that was a bit too cold (Hot latte 35bht).

MOney well spent, was far too hot outside (and I saved money on my own air-con)

wunderground is forecasting 40+ and sunny all week. (currently 37, with 21% humidity)

went jogging today around 2:00, didn't feel too hot, maybe due to lower humidity.

biking around this afternoon actually quite comfortable.

Here's the difference. You gob (phlegmy spit) on the floor and it's almost dried up before hitting the pavement. Here in the tropics of South East Asia, that same spit will still be resting there winking at you some 3 days later. In some cases it may have even mutated and resemble a jelly fish more than the deposits of a good throat clearing!!!

Aitch

looks like you assimulated well during yr time here, have you grown yr pinky fingernail yet? :)

I went to the cinema at Gat Suan Gow this afternoon to see Clash of Titans, just the right temperature (70bht + 15bht for cold pepsi).

Followed by an hour in an air conditioned coffee shop nearby that was a bit too cold (Hot latte 35bht).

MOney well spent, was far too hot outside (and I saved money on my own air-con)

during the summer, i used to duck in to town on gym days,work out, then swim, and then sit in the lobby after, leisurely reading the paper while my core body temperture lowered to a bearable level.

If not, i would sweat continually for what seemed to be hours on end

hot.jpg

If not, i would sweat continually for what seemed to be hours on end

I wonder, does this sweat detox the body in the same way as a sauna does?

I guess it does...

I often sit here with sweat rolling down my back wondering about that..

My usual day involves wearing these, and only these:

OLEMBX4-TN.jpg

All the neighbours know my complete range of boxer shorts after 4 years.

It's either that or a wrap around bath towel.

:)

Edited by whiterussian

It has been bloody hot.

This morning riding though Wing 41 it felt like there was a very hot dry wind pushing from the SW.

The Thai meteorological is predicting a very hot April....

It was over 43 C in Tak yesterday. There are predictions for the North of 41-43 C in April this year.

For those who have not seen this before, check out the Thai Meteorological Department at this link:

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=2

Try camping out of the back of a truck in summer on the Red Sea coastal plain (not beach) of Saudi Arabia for a few nights.  Sleeping on a camp bed in a pool of sweat, hoping, praying for a slight breeze......

It's warm here, but not even AC needed unless you live in a concrete box, or if you're really tough, a cardboard box in t'middle of road......  :)

It's warm here, but not even AC needed unless you live in a concrete box, or if you're really tough, a cardboard box in t'middle of road...... :)

Do you have water nearby?

I must take a photo of the modern house nearby with water under its foundations...

btw. Who is that in your avatar? looks like a singer?

I thought it was warmer yesterday, Didn't need the aircon today until bedtime . . .

David

PS I have moved my computer into the air conned bedroom!

youve gone soft, most of us are roasting ourselves in our underwear :)

fat_guy_3.jpg

thumb-fat_guy_in_girl_underwear5.jpg

Hotter than a freshly f*#ked fox in a forest fire!

Good one 'amexpat'..had a friend call me from Hot..he said it was HOT, HOT, HOT there in Hot..probably the hottest hot day Hot has had this hot season. Last week in Hot it was not so hot.

Definitely hotter than the same time last year, in my opinion, hope the Graph people don't prove me wrong.

But sitting with the fan on during the hottest part of the day can only be described as like sitting in front of a 7kw electric heating fan, very nice if your trying to keep warm but, not so nice if your trying to keep cool. Yes i will take some ones advice ..if you don't like it TURN IT OFF :)