State Of Emergency Decree Imposed In Bangkok

george

I'm flying in just after Songkran, whether the good guys in red or the bought off servants of the rich in yellow are in the ascendant. If the reds swarm the airport, which I don't think they will, I'll wai my way through the crowd with my baggage on my back. Ideally by that time Aphisit, who was elected by nobody, will have done the right thing and resigned, so that a real election can be held.

And you coming to Thailand to help all the poor people get a better life style

And you have made arrangements to do this by distributing money to girls in Pattaya, Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy

My Thai Wife asks a favour of you

This is our country, if your not happy, DO NOT COME

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One could start a thread about Korean food in Thailand and some people would still manage to turn it into a US/Obama debate. Well done, guys. The world is all about you.

Agreed, and it might come as a shock to some people that the USA is not the only country on this planet

Well in all could be a lot worse, like it is in Kyrgyzstan.

A health ministry official said 47 people had died, many from gunshot wounds, and more than 400 were injured. Officials said that the toll could be expected to rise.Kyrgyzstan

One could start a thread about Korean food in Thailand and some people would still manage to turn it into a US/Obama debate. Well done, guys. The world is all about you.

THIS. I'm sick and tired of having US politics intrude into our discussions of delicious Kimchi and BBQ meats.

......what part is illegial - the illegal government in place or the reds who just claim equal justice and recognition -

Our government is perfactly legal under the Thai constitution (as would be the case in many western countries)!!

opalhort

This government legal ?? Let me laugh until I die...which country accept a putch and all the artificial fact for disband some parts opposite the democrats.... If the peoples (Thai) vote 3 times for the same color and it's not this one in the government who is the illegal part ! after the putsch, Thai peoples vote again for the Red's so ok they have some bad leaders or not true leaders but the Thai peoples elected the Red's ! where are they now ! under the siege of the democrats who just want to destroy them (pure Abhisit vengeance with Thaksin) and nothing is good for this country union.... Manage the country not the Ego of each side.... Actually we can read nothing about politics plan in the newspaper, just read we want Thaksin back to jail or the reds are showing a bad picture to tourism or because of them tourism is falling, same as the last 2 years... (I laugh again...)

Agreed, and it might come as a shock to some people that the USA is not the only country on this planet

Did someone ring me?

post-37101-1270680180.png

Kimchee is good and spicy!

I drove into work this morning no problem at all, nary a sight of a uniform police or military, buses seemed to be runnig O.K although more crowded than usual.

Crowding probably due to people trying to get to work without too many problems, I think the events later on today and tomorrow will be the shape of things to come.

The current policy of anarchy being pursued by the Red Shirt Brigade cannot be allowed to go on. Demonstrate peacefully by all means, perhaps an outline of what the aims of the movement are apart from returning Thaksin to power would be informative and would possibly encourage more support from all levels of society.

Sadly all I or we have all heard is a chorus of inane demands from a pack of rabid orators who have never ever actually stated what their true aims are in the long run..

This is indeed suspicious. The word DICTATORSHIP springs to mind all put into place by a gullible group of people led by a plausible self serving individual and his puppets.

Edited by siampolee

Red-shirts Declare War against Govt

BANGKOK: -- The red-shirt group has declared war against the government after a state of emergency was announced.

It encouraged supporters nationwide to lay siege to provincial town halls.

The Red shirt leaders are really proving that they are out of their minds, by making statements like this.

Cheers, Rick

I wonder if it was the past weeks spent in the scorching sun or the past months of putting up with this illegally installed government that has driven them out of their minds… or a combination of the two.

It's about time! Totally justified for all the world to see.

A message to the good people of Thailand.

I can tell you with confidence the vast majority of foreigners support your honorable PM Abhisit in his valiant effort to fight anarchic red shirt's illegal attempt at revolution and the rule of a violent mob. Good luck to and best hopes for a PEACEFUL resolution.

Well, the good news is that the vast majority of Thais do not share your view... and they can vote! :)

......what part is illegial - the illegal government in place or the reds who just claim equal justice and recognition -

Our government is perfactly legal under the Thai constitution (as would be the case in many western countries)!!

opalhort

This government legal ?? Let me laugh until I die...which country accept a putch and all the artificial fact for disband some parts opposite the democrats.... If the peoples (Thai) vote 3 times for the same color and it's not this one in the government who is the illegal part ! after the putsch, Thai peoples vote again for the Red's so ok they have some bad leaders or not true leaders but the Thai peoples elected the Red's ! where are they now ! under the siege of the democrats who just want to destroy them (pure Abhisit vengeance with Thaksin) and nothing is good for this country union.... Manage the country not the Ego of each side.... Actually we can read nothing about politics plan in the newspaper, just read we want Thaksin back to jail or the reds are showing a bad picture to tourism or because of them tourism is falling, same as the last 2 years... (I laugh again...)

Please, don't hold back; tell us how you really feel.

Seriously, if the govt. is illegal, take it to the courts. Taking it to the streets because you want to overrule the courts is revolution and if you win and have nothing legitimate to replace this govt. with you will have anarchy.

If this movement succeeds you will have Zimbabwe all over again. Weath taken from the so-called 'Amataya' (who decides who fits that category?) and distributed to those who know nothing about growing wealth to benefit the Country, and 'insiders' given 'special' priveleges. If you truely believe in democracy you will organize a 'grass roots' political party and contest elections in a legal way. Otherwise, you are a facist or anarchist spouting meaningless propaganda. In the meantime, unless you want to find yourself on the wrong side of a military with guns, respect the Constitution, the King and the Thai people.

I don't know where negotiations would lead at this point, if anywhere. Both sides are set on their own schedules and won't move. The red shirts want a house dissolution now (though some sources have said that 30 days would be acceptable), while the Abhisit government won't even consider anything below 9 months for a house dissolution, even longer for then elections to be held, the reason being that they want to change the Constitution in their favor and make some key reshuffling before the end of the year.

How do you know this? If a part offers more talk they always have something to discuss. The trouth is that your red friends closed the doors after a sms from someone!

'Talking' is all Abhisit does. All talk, no actions. It goes something like this:

UDD: Dissolve Parliament now.

Abhisit: I will. Maybe. I'm open to it. In 9 months. It's possible.

UDD: Dissolve Parliament in 2 weeks.

Abhisit: I'm still open to the idea. I never said I was against it. In 9 months.

UDD: Dissolve Parliament in 1 month and we'll stop the demonstrations immediately (I believe Chavalit mentioned it).

Abhisit: I would like some more talks. I'm open to the idea of dissolving parliament in 9 months.

So again ..how much more negotiating should there be? It's clearly not going anywhere and the negotiations on "Live TV" are for sure not going anywhere, because the real issues will never be discussed with the general public, otherwise they would be shocked to hear what's really going on in Thailand behind the scenes right now. So really, the "Live TV" debates are just a show, nothing more. I'm sure there are negotiations going on behind the scenes, not just the street protests that we see.

Negotiations, what negotiations? The government received an ultimatum, they countere by offering to cut their legal government short by greater tha 50%. This offer was never communicated to the Red shirts but only to "the boss" who said NO. It's no wonder you feel so sorry for those protesters, so do I.

Sounds like you have never negotiated anything. In order for there to be any meaning ful negotiations there must be something to negotiate. Both sides need to layout reasonable starting positions and let the negotiations.

It should be a lesson for those uninitiated in negotiations.

The current government is not illegal or unelected. Thais had an election. Now in this style of democracy the group with a majority number of seats gets to form the government and choose the PM. In the case where no one party holds a majority of seats a coalition of parties works together to form the government. At any time these coalitions may shift and result in a change of government without new elections. If MPs decide to change parties, or if by elections are held to fill vacant seats the political landscape may change.

Should all the parties other than the democrats work together they could unseat the PM at any time without new elections. Repeatedly claiming that the current PM is illegal or unelected doesn't make it true, it just shows ignorance of how democracy is implemented.

I'm flying in just after Songkran, whether the good guys in red or the bought off servants of the rich in yellow are in the ascendant. If the reds swarm the airport, which I don't think they will, I'll wai my way through the crowd with my baggage on my back. Ideally by that time Aphisit, who was elected by nobody, will have done the right thing and resigned, so that a real election can be held.

To elect whom? Give me some names. You don't seem to live in Thailand , but clearly you're a scholar of all things Thai. Ok, a REAL election, as you say. Who shall it be?

At this point it doesn't matter! Just elect someone that wins a real national referendum, not some made up procedure to appoint your buddy.

GOOD MORNING BANGKOK,

Oh, what another beautiful day in the LOS. On a serious note, does anybody know the state of traffic 'Downtown'? Preferably around he Sukhumvit, Asok, New Petchaburi Road area?

Go to go to work soon and wouldn't a heads up, if anybody knows.

Have a great day everybody and don't forget the sun is still shining.

PEACE.

It's about time! Totally justified for all the world to see.

A message to the good people of Thailand.

I can tell you with confidence the vast majority of foreigners support your honorable PM Abhisit in his valiant effort to fight anarchic red shirt's illegal attempt at revolution and the rule of a violent mob. Good luck to and best hopes for a PEACEFUL resolution.

Well, the good news is that the vast majority of Thais do not share your view... and they can vote! :)

Source ?

As I have done since the first day of this unhappy & wasteful enterprise, I pray for the safety and non-injury of civilians, passers-by, of the protestors, and the police too.

I hope, that small businesses are able to recoup their losses from supply-loss, damage and closure. I hope that equilibrium will be restored with no further violence & injury.

However, this endeavor has not been successful. The rally has led to a violation of the law and the Constitution and has caused great inconvenience for the people, the economy, and foreign confidence in Thailand.

Nothing like the country's prime minister painting a picture to the newsrooms and lowering foreign confidence even further ...

Richard

Gee! I guess taking over both airports and the government house were all legal? Constitutional?

(Jingthing well it seems that Jingthing seems to think this was all legal ---- but as i said in my last post - sure he goes to be in his yellow jamas

GOOD MORNING BANGKOK,

Oh, what another beautiful day in the LOS. On a serious note, does anybody know the state of traffic 'Downtown'? Preferably around he Sukhumvit, Asok, New Petchaburi Road area?

Go to go to work soon and wouldn't a heads up, if anybody knows.

Have a great day everybody and don't forget the sun is still shining.

PEACE.

I arrived in Soi Lang Suan from Bangna without troubles (it was around 06:00)

Ploenchit from Wireless to Chidlom was clear although very dirty and scattered with garbage. Some drunk red shirts sleeping on the street or trying to look convinced (but looked rather hangover). 2 check points (red shirts)

I drove into work this morning no problem at all, nary a sight of a uniform police or military, buses seemed to be runnig O.K although more crowded than usual.

Crowding probably due to people trying to get to work without too many problems, I think the events later on today and tomorrow will be the shape of things to come.

The current policy of anarchy being pursued by the Red Shirt Brigade cannot be allowed to go on. Demonstrate peacefully by all means, perhaps an outline of what the aims of the movement are apart from returning Thaksin to power would be informative and would possibly encourage more support from all levels of society.

Sadly all I or we have all heard is a chorus of inane demands from a pack of rabid orators who have never ever actually stated what their true aims are in the long run..

This is indeed suspicious. The word DICTATORSHIP springs to mind all put into place by a gullible group of people led by a plausible self serving individual and his puppets.

Nice that you have a job that pays more that 40k a month (or you would be her illegally and that would never do would it!) and have a nice car to drive to work in. You could count the number of farmers in Isaan on the tumbs of one foot who have that.

Add to it your lovely Bangkok appartment/house and eating out and shopping trips for your expensive partner and evidence begins to appear that you really are as smug an elitist prip as you sound in your posts.

Wanting a free election and changing the constitution to end an eternity of your lovely bangkok friends imposing their will and elitist kids on the rest of the country is enough for most people.

Am happy that your hearing and eye sight have now recovered from the not too distant time when you could neither hear nor see the PAD rally, the occupation of central bangkok and the airport.

power to the people !! why should,nt the rural poor have a say in how they are governed ? seems to me that a government was elected and because the elite did,nt care for it a military coup was engineered . some of the right wing crap spouted on here telling the thai people how to run their own affairs would make a pig vomit ..how many of these know alls are actually taking advantage of the poor girls from these regions .maybe they prefer to keep them poor and uneducated ..just a thought ................

Well, it looks as though we finally have a definition of 'elite'. It's anyone who can afford to own a car! We'll just turn a blind eye to all those red pickup trucks driving around. After all, we can count them "on the tumbs of one foot". :)

Do the people who spout this kind of moronic propaganda think that the rest of us are stupid?

Edited by otherstuff1957

Am happy that your hearing and eye sight have now recovered from the not too distant time when you could neither hear nor see the PAD rally, the occupation of central bangkok and the airport.

Yes your absolutely right. The Yellows occupied Government House and the Airport 2 years ago, so lets destroy Bangkok now.

No problem, rip the city apart. Pillage, rape, destroy and kill. It's all allright, because the yellows occupied the airport.

Because the Nazis killed 60 million people, doesnt mean you can do the same. Two wrongs dont make a right!

Children! Children! Don't you guys have something better to do then to sit on here and post thousands of LAME notes insulting each other? This is the Internet, remember? No one really knows anyone else and everyone is anonymous. If you insult another person that is like kicking a rock - it does no good and is a complete waste of time.... NO ONE CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bet if some of you had to put your picture and real names, 90% of you wouldn't be on here. For sure you would not send stupid, childish insulting messages to each other.

If you are frustrated because your job sucks, you have NO LIFE, or you are just a loser, then go get a real job and stop acting like a horse's ass here....

Now.... to the people over 12 years old here.... does anyone have any REAL updates as to what is going on out there? Any signs of a government crackdown?

The respective numbers are immaterial.

The important point is that the parliament is the product of military coup and military interference .

Therefore undemocratic and illegal.

Can only be reset by elections.

Not illegal , they have strange rules in Thailand you know , you would be surprised

Like some judge can disband an entire political party among other things

Undemocratic ? Yes certainly

It is not "some judge", it is the electoral commission and, like, it is mandatory under the constitution if executives of the party are caught buying votes, and they were, undeniably.

And, like, if you don't like the constitution, you get elected within the constitution and then try to change it. If you get caught breaking it, tough tit.

I just found this thread :D , can someone point me to the key points of the thread - 40 pages in 16 hours :) .

The red shirts are still protesting

Abhisit doesn't look as though he can control the situation because the Thai Prime Minister has never had complete control over the army unless the said Prime Minister was a Field Marshal. It nearly happened under Thaksin but a coup, changes to the constitution and a few court cases sorted that out.

Edited by Loaded