cliokchi

hi guys,

what happened to the best american pizza place in town i drove a few times past

their restaurant near hang dong big C ,

i saw no signs out side at all

have they moved or have they gone under [ i realy don't hope so]

hope to hear any leads or news [good or bad]

cliokchi[ a pizza and pasta fan] :)

Yup, I saw them busy getting the place ready. It's on the North-Eastern corner of that intersection (Outer Ring / Samoeng Rd and Canal Road), opposite the Tesco Express and the Sansai Market.

From what I remember, prices were pretty high, not sure if that will change for the better.

Yup, I saw them busy getting the place ready. It's on the North-Eastern corner of that intersection (Outer Ring / Samoeng Rd and Canal Road), opposite the Tesco Express and the Sansai Market.

From what I remember, prices were pretty high, not sure if that will change for the better.

Yes!! i saw his new shop on the corner .His pizzas are so much better that the places mentioned above ,so much better!

It is like you are at the good place in New York.

I always order the thin crust with the spicy sauce ! He makes the dough somehow so it fluffs up light which makes the thin crust is just perfect.

There is nothing anywhere even close to this place in CM.

If you like greasy pizzas you may be happier in town though since his pizzas are somehow not all greasy which for me is a blessing.

Edited by zuzkate

Sansai market! you sure about that ? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from having the New York Style pizza at Pasta and Pizza. The toppings I ordered were salami, Italian sausage and extra cheese. It was a totally unremarkable experience. If I have had worse pizza in my lifetime, I certainly am thankful that I do not recall.

The crust, and each of the toppings, including the cheese, were tasteless. I kept thinking perhaps if I put some salt on it, but in retrospect, it wouldn't have helped. When I told my wife about the meal and mentioned the 360 baht price (350 for the pizza and 10 baht for the bottled water), she put it in perspective for my by saying "Honey, for another 15 baht you could have enjoyed your favorite buffet at the Amari Rincon."

Needless to say, I will not be returning.

Needless to say, I will not be returning.

Exactly what my family and I said after a buffet lunch at the Amari! I guess we both hit 'bad chef days'...

I hope that is the case. There were many customers there last night which speaks to it's popularity, or perhaps it's notoriety. However, I did not notice a 'chef' in the kitchen, but a couple of young Thai men sprinkling cheese (without using gloves) over their creation . But look, each to his own. Some people apparently love the place. Good for them. I'll take the Amari anytime.