No Water Shortage - Err, I Think!

CaptainSplod

Hi Guys!

I think I'm pleasantly surprised - but not really sure.... :)

Almost every year, around this time, there have been threads about the lack of

water in Pattaya and the expense involved in getting water trucked in. This

year I haven't seen one thread about water shortages, as yet, which sounds good.

Does that mean that the water shortage problem has finally been solved? If so

then that would be a vast improvement on the preceding years! But how is it that

the water shortages have ceased to appear?

Cheers

The local English language press has had stories the past few weeks about areas of town where there is very little water coming through the taps, and that only for a few hours a day. In my moobaan in East Pattaya, a couple houses with large families have had to bring in the water trucks every couple days to fill their storage tanks for the first time in a couple years.

I wonder what the people think who bought posh condos and houses (oops...I mean "villas") think when they find out that their millions doesn't even guarantee a steady supply of water :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

I have lived in wongamat for 2 years plus...this is the first April when we've had no town water coming in for perhaps 2 or 3 CONSECUTIVE days....thankfully I've got enough stored in tanks to last at least a week. I wonder if the vague assurances about adequate water are merely a case of denial by the authorities?

Well a lot of water will get wasted next week, do not bank on getting a top up, most water tankers will be to busy filling water butt's on back of pickup trucks for water fights, glade I am out of here tomorrow.

Up here in Central we have had no water for 2 weeks and I had to get out my 1300 litre plastic storage tank and my water pump.

It has taken me a couple of days to get it all working then I go to the dammed klong in the local government place and pump up into my tank then over to my wife's shop and fill up her 6 x 1500 litre ongs plus the ready use tanks and the toilet water storage.

That took me all day today and tomorrow I need to fill 12 x 1500 litre ongs at the house and dump water into my almost empty fish pond.

It normally costs 2 baht cu/m but this way it is over 10 baht per cu/m.

My mates resort next gets their water from the same place as me but his wife gets the local tanker driver to deliver it.

For 50 baht cu/m.

I just buy the government guys a few cold Archa beers and each time I pass the gate there is always a cold beer for me.

Normally there is only my wife, me, out son and her mother but as it is Songkran and school holidays there are 10 of us at the moment and it is hot so I am using about 3 times as much water as normal. :)

interesting question...we also have this water tank as buffer storage that we usually do not use - unless the tap runs dry as it happened a week ago or so.

Colloidal silver would probably the best additive.

Not long if you just store it but most of the tanks here I presume are like a buffer zone. You use water out of one end and new water is poured into the other end :)

That is what I do.

I have 20 tanks in 5 blocks of 4 and I just run 4 at a time until they get a bit low and then I close them and open the next 4 and so on.

How long it takes to empty them depends on how many people are here and how hot it is.

They are only used for washing, showers, laundry etc.

The water also goes through 2 filters before use.

Our fresh water is rainwater stored in 2 x 3,000 litre stainless steel tanks and in the last 8 years we have only run out once.

Hmmm...maybe it's not the right time to ask questions about water supplies - it being Songkran and all :)

SONGKHRAN!!! Forget about red or yellow and forget about water shortage. ENJOY!

Hmmm...maybe it's not the right time to ask questions about water supplies - it being Songkran and all :)

SONGKHRAN!!! Forget about red or yellow and forget about water shortage. ENJOY!

Obviously you live in an area with unlimited water supplies and have little thought for others

Myself, I hope PTY runs out of water, at least for awhile, might help bring a stop to the mindless over building.

Be sure to ask your friendly fast talking realtor who wants nothing more than a fat commision if your new 30mil bt. dream condo will have water.