Bangkok To Manchester

Murf

I'm looking for a return trip from Bangkok to Manchester in the Uk - Dates - leaving mid/late April, returning middle of May.

I have in the past paid less than 30000baht, when the GBP THB exchange rate was more favourable..... This worked out at £450 in the past.

At the moment i am getting quotes from BKK to MAN for 43000baht ++ with the current exchange this is around £900

The same flight from MAN to BKK is around £550

These prices are with Emirates....

Why such a large difference on essentially what are the same flights, just the opposite way around?

Anyone got any suggestions for a more reasonable price.

Thanks.

This is a question that is being asked all the time and I really don't know the answer.

If you could fly to London, Qatar are doing flights for a tad under 30,000B within that time frame but are nudging 50K if you need to go straight to Manchester.

Its the Summer holidays here whereas in the UK the Schools have just gone back for the Summer Term. Try Qatar Airways I saw they were advertising Bangkok to Europe for 17,000 Return BA were offering 23,000 to London, they normally chuck in a domestic ticket at a drastically knocked down rate for international passengers arriving on a BA flight. I went back Last Augst for a Fortnight on TG and it was 27,000 Return, its still a good idea to check out the travel agents here rather than always going to the airlines directly, that 27k fare wasn't advertised by TG but only available via an agent.

Etihad Airways

BKK - MAN

25th April - 15th May

Fare : 22,500

Tax : 11,425

Total: 33,925 THB

Travel before 25th April is more expensive, but return after 15th May is the same price.

The site shows a matrix of prices for different dates.

Have a nice trip :)

Edited by davee58