Smoking

francois

what is your favourite brand?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's no category for those of us who think that all cigs are disgusting.

cancerlungs.jpg

If you smoke every day over a period of several years, cells in your lungs could divide too rapidly and form masses known as tumors. Tumors may invade or destroy normal tissue and require removal by surgery.

Lung cancer does not happen overnight. It takes a number of years for symptoms to show up. How many years depends on the amount of tobacco you smoke, how healthy you are in general, and the strength of your immune system. Your immune system tries to protect you from disease the best it can. Nine out of ten cases of lung cancer in men and almost eight out of ten cases in women are caused by cigarette smoking.

Hmm... I smoke when I get stressed out with work... and sometimes when I have a drink or two.

My husband smokes though. He tried to cut down and even stopped completely for a while. But when very stressful situations arise, then he lights up again. He is smoking now! Ach!! Sometimes I gets really annoyed as it sticks up the house! hehehe

My dad used to smoke and he gave it up a while ago.

I probably give up completely soon. Don't really want to keep smoking...

hi' all

well, this poll has no intention to gave any opportunity to no-smoker to give us a crusade :D

sorry for a lot of us ... B)

I forgot the non-filters ones ...

I prefer them too B)

my real favourite Camel non-filter B) , as Chesterfield can't be found anywhere B)

I smoke and I like to change brand from time to time B)

I just wanted to know, among us all, do we prefer Thai's or foreign's ...

cigarette rollers, have tried a Thai tobacco called "3 tigers" (very cheap), but quite nice B)

go on, vote B)

ps: it's a smoking post, non--smoker, please avoid to post anti-tobacoo post B)

tizme ... I had been working in hospitals for over 15 years as a nurse, don't tell me about, I know!

and so what! aren't we free to do what we like? :o

If my post contributes to just one person deciding that its time to give up then I will feel very good.

When was the last time that you tried to save someones life.

Tomy, I'm so glad that you are happy to die young.

middlefinger1.gifmiddlefinger1.gif Back at you.

TIZME smoking pobly does cause cancer,but you gotta remember that old age causes death sooner or later..

So does taking a dive from on top of a Pattaya Condo, but I would advise most people not to try it.

If I could do something positive to prevent old age getting me, I'd give that a go too.

So does breathing in the filthy air of every major city in the world TizMe. Smoking may contribute to cancer in SOME people but not all. Fact remains it CAN cause cancer not WILL cause cancer, it all has to do with your genes and immune system. Everyone in my family smoked including my grandparents and all 4 of them are still kicking and living rather active lives at 80+. Had 2 great-aunts and 1 great-uncle live to 90+ one aunt smoking 3 packs of camels a day. Nobody, absolutely nobody in my family has died in the last 3 generations from so-called smoking related illnesses. Why is that? If your meant to die early because of bad genes you will IMHO, if not from smoking then from something else.

Keep it real!

a none smoker is in * da house * so now are you gonna start lecturing us :D

If my post contributes to just one person deciding that its time to give up then I will feel very good
you will feel good, i wanna feel good too you know, so keep the feel good to yourself. i'll keep mine smoke.gif
I'm so glad that you are happy to die young

i'm not glad to die young, but when it time to go, you just go, you don't ask question. do you always ask question when its your time to go :o

hey'

tizme ... you should learn to read :o

I wrote and said it again and sign it if you want ....

I have been working in hospitals for 15 years as a nurse, and mainly in ER, and ICU, also, as a regular rescue-team worker!

saving life ... do you know what it means, how much does it cost in nightmares, and sleepless nights? :D

and may I add, in the rest room of the rescue-team, the always there, cigarettes and lots of coffee B)

and this was the way people saving lives are behaving to get a break! B)

anything to say to them?

think twice dude B)

Lets all just agree to disagree.

I know that smoking isnt healthy for anybody.

I know that smoking makes you stink.

I know that smoking kills many people every day.

So have one for me, Camel unfilterred. But please don't have it anywhere near me or members of my family.

Lets all just agree to disagree.

I know that smoking isnt healthy for anybody.

I know that smoking makes you stink.

I know that smoking kills many people every day.

So have one for me, Camel unfilterred. But please don't have it anywhere near me or members of my family.

sure cigarette can cause cancer, we all know this very well :o

but surely less than alcohol when driving B)

do you still drink any kind of beer or wine or wisky?

if yes, you know what? , just keep it low B)

I have seen with my own eyes so many people dying in car accidents coz of one drunk-driver, that cigarette seems to me just an hypocrit-well-thinking-politicaly-correct's crusade, just to bother people who smoke, when non-smokers get all their "so called" rights B)

and in the meanwhile, big tobacco company make millions coz the price of cigarette

raise to crasy prices ... they just have to compensate the loss B)

think about this, we all smokers are paying taxes for all non-smokers B)

if you have smoked more than 15 years, you are not out of cancer's statistics :D

only one way ... never start B) ... if you can B)

tizme, I did not ask for a word-fight between smokers and non-smokers!

if you don't smoke, perfect, good for you :o

but, may I ask?

did you vote? others?

anyway, keep it cool, it seems to me that you're a little agressive on this post ...

no reason to be B)

it's just a poll, take it easy .. you don't smoke, so it should not concern you this much :D

as well as lung cancer,which often metastasises to the brain,smoking does heavy damage to the cardio-vascular system.

a stroke, if it does not kill you outright will leave you incontinent (doubly), unable to move one side of your body,unable to speak or walk or feed yourself,or think rationally and place unbelievably hard stress on your families who will have to care for you,often at great expense and for many years.if you have no families to care for you,you will be put in the care of local authorities (if in the west), or if in thailand,well i dont know what happens to foriegners here who have strokes and need 24 hour care.

as you get older,you will begin to see that without good health,life can really be not worth living.and as you get older it is prudent to devote more energy to looking after yourselves.

i dont mean to lecture or preach, i smoked for 15 years before cutting back to a ciggy a week and getting physically fit. the rewards were great.

dont think "it wont happen to me", it can, and with amazing suddenness.

one day right as rain, the next day a cough,leading on to a chest x-ray and the visit to the doctors office. "I'm afraid we have some bad news for you",you need 6 months of chemotherapy, and then maybe 6 months more.

life is too sweet and enjoyable to throw away with flippant attitudes towards smoking. to all you heavy gaspers out there. please think on,lots of you who say you are smokers are also good posters on this forum,with lots to say. we will miss your chat when you are lying in the hospital wishing you could mouth the words

"nurse, come quickly, i've fouled myself again,please come and clean me" but no words come out.

try and stop now. you know it makes sense.

But please don't have it anywhere near me or members of my family

I'm a smoker, so please keep your family member away from me, especially your son or daughter, keep them far, far way from me as possible if you know what's good for ya smoke.gif

I'm a smoker so that make me evil rightgoodevil.gif

you have your opinion and i have mine, so let it be.... :o

If my post contributes to just one person deciding that its time to give up then I will feel very good.

Using Hypnosis I have helped over 800 people to live longer, fitter, less expensive lives.....It is the one thing that I am most proud of........

If anyone wants to commit a very slow form of Suicide so be it.

But don't puff your fumes where others can inhale it.....PASSIVE SMOKING KILLS!

I do not understand some of the replies here. The topic is Smoking, cigar or cigarette? what is your favourite brand?

May be I take it too simple, but to my understanding the poster wants to know if sombody prefers cigar or cigarette and asks for a favorite brand.

What is this business with hypnosis? What makes it so difficult to reply a question straight forward?

Sorry, I just don't get it or perhaps my understanding of the poll is wrong.

TizMe,

Sorry if I my reply was a bit strong worded. I made the post at Inchon airport and did not have time to read and edit. I understand how you feel and what you are saying, I just have had my fill of the anti-smoking lobby in the US.

I am all for having no smoking inside buildings, restaurants etc but the anti-smoking lobby takes it just to far and IMHO it is why many get so offended hearing non-smokers and their line.

A couple examples,

They first outlawed smoking inside restaurants and bars in California, so some bar and restaurant owners wanted to open "smoking only" establishments but the anti-smoking lobby along with ACLU took them to court saying public place can't do it.

The they thought ok, we will make private bars and supper clubs, again ACLU went after them for having a place where non-smokers were not allowed to go saying it was unfair??????????????

Same thing now in New York, but New York just took it a step further saying no smoking in business vehicles. So now every guy that uses his vehicle for work cannot smoke a cigarette in his own vehicle ALONE with no passengers. State Police are pulling over long haul truck drivers and giving them tickets for big $$$.

Who are they hurting? Its their right to smoke in their own vehicle when they are not subjecting anyone else to the smoke, yes?

These are just 2 examples, but you can see where I am coming from I hope. The anti-smokers seem to be wanting to stop all smoking because they don't like it. Its none of their business right? A big fight is coming in the US where many states and municipalities are looking into stopping people from being able to smoke inside their home if the windows are open or its a rental property whats that all about?

Again sorry to take out my frustration with the smartass post I first made.

Keep it real!

I used to smoke over a pack a day and some small cigars. I stopped 13 years ago. It's when you finally stop that you realize how stupid smoking is and how you never respected the non-smokers' environment (kids included), or even think that one day your spouse or family might get into debts to be able to save you from cancer!

I do not understand some of the replies here. The topic is Smoking, cigar or cigarette? what is your favourite brand?

May be I take it too simple, but to my understanding the poster wants to know if sombody prefers cigar or cigarette and asks for a favorite brand.

What is this business with hypnosis? What makes it so difficult to reply a question straight forward?

Sorry, I just don't get it or perhaps my understanding of the poll is wrong.

thanks axel :D

in fact, here is the point, I never ask to no-smokers to come here to make more crusade's stuff :o

the topic is what it is ... what do you like to smoke?

nothing else ...

so, if I have to say it .. alright B)

non-smokers >>> get out!

you have nothing to do in this poll as you don't smoke!

is this what you wanted to hear?

this out of reserve ... you all, non-smokers are boaring ! to me B)

and surely to many more B)