Curtains

mccw

Please only info on the very best, like who would a 5 star hotel get to do their ball room for example?

(its for a freinds house for rent in england, 6000pound a month so got to be the very best, the quote for the curtains for this sizable 3 bed house was 8000pound and i imajined it might be around half that maybe out here given the labour savings etc?)

thanks

Thinking about it.... if you take awalk down Neimenheiman road

there are loads of hi-so arty farty boutique shops...

I'm sure you may find a shop that can do it, or point you in the right direction...

(they probably hire somebody like my poor Thai neighbour)

Thinking about it.... if you take awalk down Neimenheiman road

there are loads of hi-so arty farty boutique shops...

I'm sure you may find a shop that can do it, or point you in the right direction...

(they probably hire somebody like my poor Thai neighbour)

Your "poor" thai neighbour should count themselves lucky to have a job, but thats besides the point; i'm looking for quality workmanship, not sum sweatshopesque fall apart standard; seen many shops about but reason i post is wondering if anyone knows the highest quality place, specifficaly silk, thanks.

i'm looking for quality workmanship, not sum sweatshopesque fall apart standard; seen many shops about but reason i post is wondering if anyone knows the highest quality place, specifficaly silk, thanks.

If its silk you want go to the silk shop.

near neimenheiman. opposite gad son kow. called Shinawatra silk. Otherwise go to neimenheiman road.

p.s: I'm gonna tell my neighbour you called his business a 'sweatshopesque fall apart' business... watch out, the curtain mafia will be after you.

I suppose I could walk down the road and ask him, seeing as he is in the biz.... hmmm.

Edited by whiterussian

There is a very reliable curtain shop on Hang Dong Road, about a block or two north (before) of Tesco Lotus, and on the same side of the street. I have used them a number of times, and they have a great selection of materials, they are reasonably priced, and reliable. I don't remember their name or phone number, but it is the only fabric store in the area. They have on display two parson chairs in the window--it seems as though these have been on display for donkey years.

The owners speak English, and they aim to please!!!

i'm looking for quality workmanship, not sum sweatshopesque fall apart standard; seen many shops about but reason i post is wondering if anyone knows the highest quality place, specifficaly silk, thanks.

If its silk you want go to the silk shop.

near neimenheiman. opposite gad son kow. called Shinawatra silk. Otherwise go to neimenheiman road.

p.s: I'm gonna tell my neighbour you called his business a 'sweatshopesque fall apart' business... watch out, the curtain mafia will be after you.

I suppose I could walk down the road and ask him, seeing as he is in the biz.... hmmm.

i thought you were refering to your nieghbour as a low paid worker for the posh shops on nim.

^ If I see him tomorrow I will ask :) ... no.. he is a curtain manufacturer.. no idea of his standard, I assume pretty good as he has a decent middle class house! - just the worst motorbike and cart you can imagine! Really - pop down to Neimenheiman, and look for the interior decorating shops... failing that the silk shop down the road from there. If you can find the silk, but not the curtains i can get a quote for you, but shop around first.

Maybe even Baan Tawai... they have crazy priced stuff.

Also walk down the sunday market.. and grill the stall holder about silk.

Edited by whiterussian

We got the super duper nice curtains from home pro and given their price, I think they cost the same as back home.

to me curtains is just fabric, some extras, and a bit of workmanship so I don't really understand how they can cost that much. if I recall correctly it was about 2000 - 3000 baht per square meter depending on the fabric. cost for the curtains the same as the wooden blinds at the same shop, and those are the blinds you will also find in the shangri la hotel in CM, and the Dusit D2 hotel (and probably other high end hotels). so I am pretty certain that I didn't just get a really bad deal - they are that expensive.

I figure these curtains fall in the "luxury goods that only rich people buy" in thailand, and as such they're priced. Wife and I found one or two competing shops with the same quality, but also the same prices.

Edited by nikster

Hi,

We had very nice curtains from IS Curtain LTD behind the Carrefour on the super high way.

THese owners are Indian and will do a perfect job for you.

They made the best price for our home.

Just go there and give a look that will cost you nothing.

If you want a telephone number or need better direction PM me.

eln

Just talked to the guy in my soi..

He already has silk... his silk starts at 200 baht per meter and goes up. He gets it from Bangkok

He can order other silk if you cant find what you want.

His name is Noy, and doesnt speak English.

He lives near 'Global House' if you want to meet him. His house has samples etc.

Not sure if i can post his number, but here it is, if a mod removes, then ask via PM:

086 187 2767

Edited by whiterussian

Just talked to the guy in my soi..

He already has silk... his silk starts at 200 baht per meter and goes up. He gets it from Bangkok

He can order other silk if you cant find what you want.

His name is Noy, and doesnt speak English.

He lives near 'Global House' if you want to meet him. His house has samples etc.

Not sure if i can post his number, but here it is, if a mod removes, then ask via PM:

086 187 2767

nice one, thanks, i'll give him a call after songkran.

• 1 month later...
There is a very reliable curtain shop on Hang Dong Road, about a block or two north (before) of Tesco Lotus, and on the same side of the street. I have used them a number of times, and they have a great selection of materials, they are reasonably priced, and reliable. I don't remember their name or phone number, but it is the only fabric store in the area. They have on display two parson chairs in the window--it seems as though these have been on display for donkey years.

It is Muang Tong Decoration 081-5316248.

Excellent! I very recently got blackout curtains from them. I took some photos and measurements to show them. The young lady showed me materials, made recommendations, and we agreed on a price.

She (forgot name) and Jo the guy, came out to see for themselves. They arrived exactly on time and took measurements then she ran her calculator and said the price would be 15% less than I thought. They came back in a week and installed them expertly.

Top notch outfit in every way.

• 7 months later...

I drove down and tried to find this place?... Is "Hang Dong Road" Highway 108?... I drove from Airport Plaza south towards the Tesco Lotus but saw no curtain/fabric shop just before Tesco Lotus?... :ermm:

I.S. Curtain can't be beat. Their selection of fabrics is great and they can make up anything you want. Quality costs but they can deliver.

The Sik owner goes by the name "Bob" and is available if asked for. He has a number of sons and they all work there on occasion. Bob lives in a three story mansion on the top of the building he built three years ago behind Carrefour. Before that he was in a small shop on the one way road north of night bazaar.

I believe he makes most of his money on hotel orders, he certainly did top quality work for me on each occasion I used him and at very reasonable prices. He certainly didn't build his penthouse mansion on the profit from customers like me. Now that he has room in his own building, he has a children's shop, mattress shop etc.

Pay them a visit, you won't be wasting your time. After all, it is the ability to view many fabrics to make your choice before manufacture that is the key to quality. The last time I used him, no black out backing was required as the drapery was so thick no light came through.

His Roman Shade hardware is now ten years old in my house and working as good as the day they were installed. I was not impressed with Home Pro's quality.

Edited by ProThaiExpat