Entry To Cambodia Via Air

Hello, ive just booked 2 flights with air asia from Bkk to Phnom Phen for a 4 night stay and on reading through the small print it says (Guest are responsible for obtaining all entry and exit visas, health and other required documents including ensuring that your passport validity meets the destination’s entry requirements. Guests shall also possess a return itinerary or ticket on an onward journey; Well i have a return ticket but do i have to sort out the visa for a 4 night stop. Advice appreciated as fly on Tuesday,regards case.

That sentence is on most itinerarys. I do not know where you come from but I think you will be as most Tourists from developed countrys be given a Visa on arrival, a foto and 20 Dollars and to fill out the papers they give you in the aeroplane should do the trick.

Never somebody on a airport or landborder in cambodia asked me for a return ticket. Anyway I never had one when I went there.

No problem, enjoy.

That sentence is on most itinerarys. I do not know where you come from but I think you will be as most Tourists from developed countrys be given a Visa on arrival, a foto and 20 Dollars and to fill out the papers they give you in the aeroplane should do the trick.

Never somebody on a airport or landborder in cambodia asked me for a return ticket. Anyway I never had one when I went there.

No problem, enjoy.

Thanks for that, it just panicked me a bit, but im glad i asked because i didn,t know we would need a photo each. Im from England and my wife is Thai.

Thanks for your thank you.

Regarding the Visafoto, as far as I know, if you not have one, you just have to pay a small fine and thats it-seems than its also ok without a foto.

But better to have always some Visafotos in the pocket, here in Asia.

By the way I can recommand the http://www.flamingoshotel.com.kh in Phnom Penh, has some nightspots dotted around it, The Walkabout, The heart of Darkness ect. and the big Central market, Psar Thmei is a short walk.

But I read also some postings on thaivisa who do not like to stay there. If you book with theire Website they pick you up at the airport for free.

Many prefer to stay in a hotel near the river, there are the western restaurants, ect. Have a nice trip.

Edited by ALFREDO

Thanks for your thank you.

Regarding the Visafoto, as far as I know, if you not have one, you just have to pay a small fine and thats it-seems than its also ok without a foto.

But better to have always some Visafotos in the pocket, here in Asia.

By the way I can recommand the http://www.flamingoshotel.com.kh in Phnom Penh, has some nightspots dotted around it, The Walkabout, The heart of Darkness ect.

But I read also some postings on thaivisa who do not like to stay there. If you book with theire Website they pick you up at the airport fot free.

Many prefer to stay in a hotel near the river, there are the western restaurants, ect.

Thanks for the info, my brother as a restaurant there and he tells me its cambodian new year so his girlfriend and family are off to there village so it seems i get free accomadation, shame i dont get to meet the family but whoo ooh free digs.

Yes, New Year celebrations, same in Thailand but not so intense. :)

Write me please the name and location of that Rest. maybe I visit that Rest. during my next trip.

By Alfred

Will do when we get back.

As Alfredo said, I've never been asked for an onward ticket or any type of proof. My most recent trip, was 2 months ago: two photos, $25USD (should be $20 but was tacked with an extra $5). I had to fill out a re-entry permit coming back overland, wasn't needed for the air trip...though I don't know where or why the different policy. Once they didn't stamp my passport, though had I noticed this at the time I would have said something.

As Alfredo said, I've never been asked for an onward ticket or any type of proof. My most recent trip, was 2 months ago: two photos, $25USD (should be $20 but was tacked with an extra $5). I had to fill out a re-entry permit coming back overland, wasn't needed for the air trip...though I don't know where or why the different policy. Once they didn't stamp my passport, though had I noticed this at the time I would have said something.

So i need 2 photo,s per person ?. Got the return flight itinerary so no probs there.

Edited by case69

So i need 2 photo,s per person ?. Got the return flight itinerary so no probs there.

I always carry an extra passport photo with me. Actually, and my memory is a bit muddled from all the border crossings, I think the 1st passport photo was required by Thai immigration for the re-entry permit.

Anyways, on Cambodia's website you can apply for an e-visa. It's accepted at the Phnom Penh airport: http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx. I've never used them though, perhaps someone on this forum has?

Well where back so i will just update you on some details of the trip. I printed my own boarding passes each way which allowed us to walk directley to passport control as we had no baggage to check only hand luggage. On the flight we each had 3 forms to fill out (arrival,departure,immigration)so i did them all and when i finished we where landing. Passport control was a strange carry on as people where just bunched up in no ordarly fashion, asked for there passport and told to go to the cashier where we were relieved of 20 dollars each. Leaving Phnom Pehn airport was 25 dollars each. For Alfred the cafe/rest is on road 172 house no 2 near the national museum. Just another note, as we where there new year a large percentage of the place was closed. Oh and the heat almost unbearable at times.