Changing Money - Buying Dollars Or Sterling

Toolz

Anybody have any recommendations for money changing places in Chiang Mai? Specifically I want to change baht to pounds sterling and/or us dollars. Fairly near to Nimman might be good - so I can try to avoid all the water tossers. I want to change a large quantity so I assume it's worthwhile finding a place offering 20 satang more than the typical kiosk?

So what do you want for your large quantity? Convenience or the best rate? If it's the best rate you are looking for you won't go past SK just along from the Diamond Hotel on the river. If it's convenience.............................Take your pick locally.

Definitely convenience. If I could save 1% on buying dollars I guess I'd save almost 1,000 baht. For pounds I assume the trading ranges are a lot wider. Not sure if I can make it up to the river today, or if I could delay my transaction. Thanks for the tip though, much appreciated.

Got a PM from a regular here who introduced me to a great place opposite Hillside 2 on Nimman. A jewelery shop, great little place, sure beats standing outside a kiosk or inside a bank. Just for reference, the spread for dollars was 22 satang; for pounds, 70 satang.