Supporting Documents To

Even though I have lived for several years in BKK and often 'troll' TV, I now need to ask a question. Finally I have been persuaded by the wife to visit my home country in America.

What about the supporting documents that show she is not an intending immigrant? Would these include such papers as the various land and home papers, car titles, motorcycle papers, contracts, etc? Do these papers need to be officially translated in to English?

Thanks,

Edited by geo

The significant thing to demonstrate is that she will return to Thailand within the Visa period - the way to demonstrate this is compelling reasons to return.

Family, children of her own, work, property etc.

You may be asked what your status is in Thailand an it will certainly not hurt if you have been resident in Thailand for a number of years.

Odd thing is, the US Statistics demonstrate that Thais have the highest return rate of all imigrants to the US. Even when they get an imigration visa they don't tend to stay.

One important tip.

Go to the US Embassy website and print all the documents giving advice to applicants, read them thoroughly and underline all the important requirements.

Then put your application together and tick off each requirement as you clear it in the application.

There is no need to translate land titles etc.

GuestHouse, I appreciate your response. Yes, I have downloaded all of the appropriate papers from the US embassy's website and much like my father have ticked off each box.

We own our own home plus several parcels of land upcountry in my wife's village. Can the embassy understand these Thai documents?

Thanks,

Edited by geo

If you live here and have been married for a period it should be routine. As said read the requirements and bring anything that shows ties here and intent to return. If you just married it may be harder as it may look as if you plan to leave now and set up in US bypassing normal procedure so more proof might be in order. But I really do not believe you will have any problem. What you list are all good items and no translations will be required. But being married your ties will also help (even if just your passport showing you living here for an extended period - that alone argues for this being a real tourist visit as you would not be subject to normal long delay for an immigrant visa. Have a good trip.

Been legally (Thai) married for 6 years and have a young daughter.

Thanks for the imput! Will let you know.

However, it is ###### hard to show someone America in 3 weeks! :o