Thailand Market Buy Opportunity?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have put off any additional buys until Monday at the this time.

If the Government doesn't do something to control it, it simply has to keep dropping. If they do gain control it won't be gentle and the market will drop.

But, being new I could defintely be wrong.

I expect the government to act this weekend in any event I will hold off.

Edited by ray23

Funnily enough, I was reading last night something basically which said. The easy part of investing is coming up with an investment strategy. The difficult part is actually maintaining the discipline to execute the the strategy.

Agreed!!

I have put off any additional buys until Monday at the this time.

If the Government doesn't do something to control it, it simply has to keep dropping. If they do gain control it won't be gentle and the market will drop.

But, being new I could defintely be wrong.

I expect the government to act this weekend in any event I will hold off.

$.C.A. !!!!!!!!!!!

but the question is does anyone have the conviction that either this is an uptrend market or that they can reliably pick uptrend stocks. I don't.

and I'd estimate the outlier VaR of the SET at >70% right now but I don't know enough to comment specifically on individual stocks other than generally I'd assume a maximu risk of 100% on any individual stock - assuming anything better than that would be to overstate my own understanding of the risk - something I learned not to do many years ago...I know that you on the other hand, Abrak, do trust your own ability to evaluate individual stocks and we've had this debate before but I really think that in both cases it just dictates what we're each trying to achieve through investment. We have very different aims and risk profiles.

I actually agree with you 100% really. I mean DCA isnt really much of an investment strategy (imho) but then again,

I suspect it scores well against the average/no investment strategy that most people employ. (Incidentally, as you are probably well aware, (maybe not compared to your investment strategy but against the industry as a whole), smart guys are forced to buy at the top and sell at the bottom too.)

(I dont see the SET as a >70% outlier at the moment (except in terms of performance). I have a slightly higher P/E and slightly lower P/BV than Mobius on my numbers but I suspect he may be using a very narrow valuation range for his stocks in the SET (say maybe the top 30 stocks). I think he has too many banks in his equation. On my valuation methods (which is based on medium (5) and longer term (10) MVAs of PEs and P/BVs) the SET still looks below fair/good value against other markets. Actually it looks about fair value whilst most other markets look overvalued (dont know really know the stats for most other markets - I look at the S&P500 numbers as a starter.)

All fair points....I hate it when we agree!! :-)

• 1 year later...