What's It Worth?

Spee

Just a curiosity question ....

I have a Mazda truck that is a predecessor of the current model BT-50 Freestyle Cab. It's about 8 years old, in good interior/exterior condition, with about 130,000 km on the odometer. It has the extended cab, takes diesel fuel and runs great.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be worth on a private party sale? I'm thinking probably somewhere between 100k-200k baht but have no idea where in that range a fair price would be.

We are looking to get a new truck and the amount of money I might be able to get for this one is a factor on whether we could afford the new one. The difference between 100k and 200k baht might be the difference between getting the new vehicle or not.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

So its a 2001-2 model.

Checks this link:http://www.one2car.com/SearchEngine/searchengine.aspx

Not being an expert, but 200-250k maybe.

Good luck selling.

Thanks for the link. I found a 2004 model that looked close to the same. It was priced at 289k. So I think I could probably get 150k-175k, perhaps a little more.

So its a 2001-2 model.

Good luck selling.

Thanks for the link. I found a 2004 model that looked close to the same. It was priced at 289k. So I think I could probably get 150k-175k, perhaps a little more.

Depend what options. Does it have open cap, Power steering, etc. not opencap without power steering maybe not over 160, but depend on condition, If have opencap with suzidedoors and power steering, than you can get over 200'k

So its a 2001-2 model.

Good luck selling.

Depend what options. Does it have open cap, Power steering, etc. not opencap without power steering maybe not over 160, but depend on condition, If have opencap with suzidedoors and power steering, than you can get over 200'k

I had forgotten the model name, but was looking at a picture and it is a B2500, probably a 2001 or 2002 model. Does have power steering and suicide doors for the back seats, and the pickup bed is an open bed. I'm thinking probably 175k or so, maybe 200k

Here's a pic from a couple years ago. Other than a set of tires and new tailpipe, it looks and runs as good now as it did then.

post-6591-1271462515_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spee

So its a 2001-2 model.

Good luck selling.

I had forgotten the model name, but was looking at a picture and it is a B2500, probably a 2001 or 2002 model. Does have power steering and suicide doors for the back seats, and the pickup bed is an open bed. I'm thinking probably 175k or so, maybe 200k

Here's a pic from a couple years ago. Other than a set of tires and new tailpipe, it looks and runs as good now as it did then.

I think 2001 didn't have suzidedoors. If it's have, it must be at least a 2004 model.

I think 2001 didn't have suzidedoors. If it's have, it must be at least a 2004 model.

Ok, thanks. We bought it in 2006 and was told it was a few years old so that sounds about right. That should increase the value a bit.

Ok, thanks. We bought it in 2006 and was told it was a few years old so that sounds about right. That should increase the value a bit.

Watch out for the Wholesalers.... They will come around offering at least 100,000 less than what they think they can resale it for... They act like they are interested just for themselves, or even have a lady come look.... And being a "Farang Truck" it seems to have more value than being a Thai owned...

Thai Neighbor sold the twin to your truck (2004) for 225,00 baht plus took a decent Honda 100cc bike in trade... Bike might have been worth another 10K to 12K....

Pianoman

Watch out for the Wholesalers.... They will come around offering at least 100,000 less than what they think they can resale it for... They act like they are interested just for themselves, or even have a lady come look.... And being a "Farang Truck" it seems to have more value than being a Thai owned...

Thai Neighbor sold the twin to your truck (2004) for 225,00 baht plus took a decent Honda 100cc bike in trade... Bike might have been worth another 10K to 12K....

Pianoman

Cheers, Mate. Thanks for that insight.

Pianoman

Thais don't give any attention for a "farang truck". It's not fair to say that farang trucks are more worth than a truck from a Thai. Did you forget where we living? It would be the same, when i would living in England (fopr example) and say that a car driven from a german (who lives in England) is more whorth tha a car from a english owner.

Whole seller or not, Who knows. Sometime the Bangkok Whole seller will give him more money than a private farang, who just comepare prices with his homecountry and try to get a cheap bargain.

The registration book will tell you how old it is (or at least when it was first registered).

The registration book will tell you how old it is (or at least when it was first registered).

Dealers mosthly check how much the finance will give for a loan. They put about 30'k on top if that (which is then the dealers profit if he sells and sametime down payment for the customer) That's the actual trade in or buy in value of a car / truck. Of corse only if the vehicle has nothing to repair. The ampount of finance is important if you selling to a Thai. Therefore Toyotas and Isuzus are so overpriced, because loans can getting very high on them. So if you selling privately and go for the "marked price" you ask the average possible of loan for this truck and put 30'k on top of that. So you have the selling price of your truck. I guess it will be arround 230'k if it have suzide doors, power windows, power steering and maual gear. Pleace notice: In Bangkok the finance giver more than in Pattaya for example. Don't know why, but it is like this.

Of course in Thailand if you want 230 you advertise at 260. Because Thai's like to haggle. It's a game & everyone knows it.
260 would give no attention to any buyers. If you put price to high, none will even call, i gess.