Sending Goods From Thailand To The Rest Of The World

johndoarung

Depends how big the items are really.

The Thai Post Office Registered Mail system is fine for small items - my wife sells on eBay and has shipped over 350 items worldwide in 6 months and every one has arrived safely, although we find that shipments to the Americas - North and South - can sometime take up to 4 weeks to arrive.

The Thai Post Office insist you use their own Shipping Bosex - cost from 8 - 20 Baht depending on the size - but they are strong and sturdy and worth the noney in my opinion.

Patrick

Depends how big the items are really.

The Thai Post Office Registered Mail system is fine for small items - my wife sells on eBay and has shipped over 350 items worldwide in 6 months and every one has arrived safely, although we find that shipments to the Americas - North and South - can sometime take up to 4 weeks to arrive.

The Thai Post Office insist you use their own Shipping Bosex - cost from 8 - 20 Baht depending on the size - but they are strong and sturdy and worth the noney in my opinion.

Patrick

Think the post office you are using are telling you porkies there

Someone i know, nudge nudge wink wink, uses normal brown envolopes bought from the local stationery shop for around a baht a peice to ship there items [shirts/tshirts]

If they are telling you that you HAVE to use there boxes then i'm afraid that they are lying to you

This same person, nudge nudge, used to send by registered airmail but has now stopped and just sends by normal airmail with no difference in the time received or items lost.

How much is the work permit going to cost?

There's always one!

Work for the Immigration department ? NO ? ... No, Labour Department.

Then what has it got to do with you whether the guy has a permit or not ? ... he is a competitor.

Someone i know, nudge nudge wink wink, uses normal brown envolopes bought from the local stationery shop for around a baht a peice to ship there items [shirts/tshirts]

If they are telling you that you HAVE to use there boxes then i'm afraid that they are lying to you

This same person, nudge nudge, used to send by registered airmail but has now stopped and just sends by normal airmail with no difference in the time received or items lost.

I love to hear about the many "businessmen" who rely on the "nudge nudge, wink wink" philosophy in dealing with Government Agencies here.

As I said in my earlier Post, it depends on the size - Dimensions - of what you are sending out of the County, yes if you are shipping a few Shirts or other "flat" items you may get away with sending them in simple envelopes.

Send something more "3 D" and you will have to use the Thai PO Box.

Oh - and try using Sellotape to seal the envelopes you Ship and see what the reaction is at the Post Office here.

Patrick

I love to hear about the many "businessmen" who rely on the "nudge nudge, wink wink" philosophy in dealing with Government Agencies here.

As I said in my earlier Post, it depends on the size - Dimensions - of what you are sending out of the County, yes if you are shipping a few Shirts or other "flat" items you may get away with sending them in simple envelopes.

Send something more "3 D" and you will have to use the Thai PO Box.

Oh - and try using Sellotape to seal the envelopes you Ship and see what the reaction is at the Post Office here.

Patrick

You didn't actually state what size items you send did you patrick? Your post reads that your wife sends items, you did not state the size and dimensions

Oh and sellotape is perfectly acceptable, if sending by "small packet" the package must be left open for possible inspection by thai customs, they accept a package that has been stapled at the seal, to prevent people cutting themselves on the staples they allow sellotape to be laid over the staples, over the full length of the seal

To avoid any further argument with you this would not be possible with your P O boxes of course

I always use the normal Post Office, as stated above, to keep costs down send it as a small packet, it is quite a bit cheaper but you can't seal it normally it has to be done with a stapler, also you're not supposed to have a letter in a small packet too, but if u do they never check anyway.

For an extra 50b you can send it Registered, then you get a receipt with a number on it, I usually scan this receipt and e-mail the customer as proof of sending