Quick And Silly Visa Question

Hello, I am in Bangkok from the US on a 90 day visa, however it runs out at the end of April and I have some business here that requires I stay until the third week of May or so.

My question is; will I somehow be prevented from leaving if I show up at the airport in the end of May with a visa whose exit date expired 3 weeks ago? Will there be problems on the American side?

My schedule really doesnt allow a lot of time for a "visa run" so Im just trying to get a thorough understanding of what risks Im taking here; is it on the level of having to pay a small fine or am I toying with something far more substantial in terms of penalties/repercussions? If I avoid any situations which require me showing my passport to say, the police, will anyone really care?

Obviously Im not very world-wise when it comes to such matters and I hope no admins think Im advocating a criminal act by letting my visa expire, Im really just clueless in terms of how severe an over-site it is and what the worst cases scenarios are...

Any and all advise is greatly appreciated!

If you are caught by the police you with a visa that is expired by even one day, you will be arrested, jailed and deported--FOR SURE.

If you leave 21 days late you will be fined 10,500 baht at the airport, but will not be arrested because you have left voluntarily.

Edited by moto77

book your flight to airasia as it is cheap as well.

Flight to malaysia is only around 2 hours or less and then fly back again. make sure to give some allowance to your flight schedules just in case there are delayed flights especially coming back to Thailand.

Have a safe trip.

And please do your flight on ordinary days as weekends are quite expensive.

If you are caught by the police you with a visa that is expired by even one day, you will be arrested, jailed and deported--FOR SURE.

Wrong. You've got 2 minutes to rephrase correctly..... :)

(Hint: Most of the old farts on this forum have visas that expired 10,15, even 25 years ago.)

What is important is your permission to stay. That is what allows you to remain in the country. A visa merely allows you to travel to Thailand (and hopefully the immigration officer will grant you permission to stay at the point of entry).