Big Joes Homemade Foods

Just a heads up.

Due to legal matters the executor can no longer use the name Big Joes Homemade foods Ltd. The shop is now called Samui Homemade food. The shop is open as per usual Mon - Sat 9-5pm. You can also order by email now and the prices have been reduced to the old prices.

I had some freshly made ribs to make sure the food was still the same and it was just as good as always. The only thing missing was Joe sat at the table struggling with the crossword :) Anybody wanting the email or phone number PM me. Cheers RIP JOE

At best, Big Joes is a poor excuse for English Food and Service. I have eaten there a couple times hoping that it would get better. Joe could care less about "Isan Joes". If you know anything about food then you probably will agree.

I have made this post visible, so you can see what standard of posters we have to deal with.

Rooo.

I wonder if he is in opposition, or rather was.

At best, Big Joes is a poor excuse for English Food and Service. I have eaten there a couple times hoping that it would get better. Joe could care less about "Isan Joes". If you know anything about food then you probably will agree.

I have made this post visible, so you can see what standard of posters we have to deal with.

Rooo.

That's pretty poor taste considering the timing. I don't think Donald knows of his passing (using the present tense is one clue).

That said, English food doesn't have the reputation for being delicious and Big Joe's stuff was great so I could see where someone wouldn't think it was too representative of English cuisine. :)

Rooo.

That's pretty poor taste considering the timing. I don't think Donald knows of his passing (using the present tense is one clue).

That said, English food doesn't have the reputation for being delicious and Big Joe's stuff was great so I could see where someone wouldn't think it was too representative of English cuisine. :)

Well he obviously can't read or didn't bother to read the original post.Just shooting off the hip & mouthing off, to rubbish his perceived competition, just shows you what type of person he is. No need to make excuses for him Koheesti.

Rooo.

at such a sad time , is it possible that someone can post insenseitive drivel, appparently so,

after reading donalds post, i cannot even find anything constructive in his criticisms.

im saddened to read donalds post as joe provided good food , good service ,and was a well liked man, R.I.P

Rooo.

We are more than 6000 miles from the homeland. Big Joe did his best, and succeeded in bringing a bit of 'home' here to Samui. DonaldBattles, go stick your head in a hole on the beach.

Rooo.

We are more than 6000 miles from the homeland. Big Joe did his best, and succeeded in bringing a bit of 'home' here to Samui. DonaldBattles, go stick your head in a hole on the beach.

Why feed the troll Donald anymore, I'm sure he's got a bad taste in his mouth from the post he made earlier and IMO I hope he suffers food poisoning and realises what a fool he made of himself with his pathetic post, he by now must realise that he aint made any freinds with his attempt to bellitle a departed expat of Samui.

He might be a sponsor of TV but he must IMO still abide by the rules of TV, being a sponsor IMO gives no one the right to say what he posted..It's flaming and trolling at a minimum.

I never knew Big Joe but I wish him peace wherever he lies.

RIP Big Joe wherever you are.

Edited by MB1

Rooo.

Rooo. The above is in such bad taste, I am really surprised you allowed it. Maybe a PM to the poster, asking him if he knew the current situation???

Rooo.

Rooo. The above is in such bad taste, I am really surprised you allowed it. Maybe a PM to the poster, asking him if he knew the current situation???

I did not allow it at first. But setting aside the fact of being a mod or & him being a sponsor , I just feel that some posts have to be aired, so you can see the other side of the coin. ( being a sponsor does not give you immunity ).

Now he has had ample time for an apology or a retraction, none forthcoming. So let it be, sometimes true colours come out , you be the judge.

Also pointing out that a PM was sent & asked for a reply, ignored.

Rooo.

OK, your business in Samui went belly up Don.

No need to blame it on a dead man.

That's nasty man. The poor guy is dead. This speaks loudly for you Donald...

And you sir are a poor excuse of a human being !

Wouldnt have said that to him in person you frail old fart.....

How could you be so crass as to write such a post?

You must be devoid of any form of feeling whatsover.

Rooo.

Joe cared a lot about his food, most times peolple went in he would give a taste of one of his new creations. his Christmas diner was some of the best food i ever tasted. i was with him a couple of days before he died in Pattaya, he bought us pork pies and quiches, they were delicious. my Thai wife loved his sausages rolls. if there is a poor excuse its you as a poor excuse for a human being for posting this at this time.

calling the dead, not good at this time, its hard to accept hes gone with out comments like yours, think what you like but keep it to yourself.

Rooo.

You sound like a very bitter individual indeed.

just browzing around the forums, seems Don had to sell in Phuket and is struggling in Chang Rai. failed in Samui, could it have been down to the qaulity of the food. gutted for you Don having such hard time with the staff in Chang Rai.

som nam flipping na comes to mind

Edited by NALAK

just browzing around the forums, seems Don had to sell in Phuket and is struggling in Chang Rai. failed in Samui, could it have been down to the qaulity of the food. gutted for you Don having such hard time with the staff in Chang Rai.

som nam flipping na comes to mind

Whatever the reason battles posted what he did, it seems to me (IMO) he has a bad taste in his mouth, he posted nearly 2 years ago the below:

DonaldBattles @ 2008-05-17 07:58:38)

When you constrast the Phuket Forum with other TV forums it is a big shock. Phuket people seem to enjoy calling each other bad names and bad mouthing each other wihich serves no purpose.

The TF Forum is meant to be informative and constructive and useful to everyone. If you don't have something nice to say then why say it in public.

It gets boring to read when people use the forum for the above reasons.

Just a thought, if you don't agree don't reply.

KEEP THE GARBAGE OFF THE FORUM!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Lilttle-Cons...er-t189277.html

Shame battles never took his own advice and kept garbage of the forum, might be his age that's made him bitter, have a suck on this DB, I've put some sugar on it.... :)

Edited by MB1

Rooo.

I did not allow it at first. But setting aside the fact of being a mod or & him being a sponsor , I just feel that some posts have to be aired, so you can see the other side of the coin. ( being a sponsor does not give you immunity ).

Now he has had ample time for an apology or a retraction, none forthcoming. So let it be, sometimes true colours come out , you be the judge.

Also pointing out that a PM was sent & asked for a reply, ignored.

Good post 'Rooo' and thank you for putting the record straight.

Was a Mod once and now frog-gotten :D (Did not get a green pass either) :D

Yours truly,

Win from Kan :)

Edited by Kan Win

Watching and following this topic as well but too much (still) a gentleman to comment.

Don it's your turn.........

Gerd

I couldn't agree more.

Having known Don for many years, I know his intent was not to bash a recently deceased. On the forum we are all free to comment on restaurants we like and don't like. Take away the fact regarding the recently departed and there is not much of an issue.

I am sure had he known, he would not have posted.

As a fellow TV poster mentioned, Don is probably in Kunming with a few drinks under his belt, I am not condoning the post but just asking for a little understanding regarding the fact he did not know Joe had passed.

Cheers, GOM