Mitsubishi Gto 3000

N47HAN

^^ No Powder, the Eagle Talon pre-dated the Stealth and was the Dodge equivalent to the Eclipse I owned.

That's correct- the Dodge Stealth was the twin of the Mitsu 3000.

I used to have a Plymouth Laser which was the third of the Talon/Eclipse trio, though only available in front-wheel drive unlike the other the Eagle and Mitsu. Great memories- back then 190hp was a lot!

Well the Stealth wasn't quite a twin, it's pedantic I know but more like fraternal twins :) but I get your gist, I liked the aero and the lines of the 3000 much better, hated the rear wing location of the Stealth and it was useless there too, just an adornment.... The Talon, Laser and Eclipse were also the only car to have "0.3" coefficient of drag rating in aero too quite low for cars of the time and even now and the turbo lag was hardly noticeable and the styling very contemporary, maybe too contemporary for the time, could still work today I believe.. The only weak point of that was the da$% pop up headlights, they did such a wonderful job of aero just to sabotage it with 2 front air brakes at night.

Shockingly it was a substantial difference in performance when they were up too, I was amazed as I was racing a 5.0L Stang one night and the car felt sluggish and front end light (foolish youth, but he was another capable driver I know well on the track though this wasn't, still no excuses) I decided to shut down the headlights and literally could feel the speed pickup, it was dramatic, at least a gain of 10MPH which was just enough to neutralize his catching me at top end about 110MPH (as fast as we were willing to go anyway on a public highway). From that point on I rewired my driving lights to operate while the headlights were off so I could run and still see without using the headlights (previously couldn't do that from the factory) on those rare occasions when I did that again and needed every bit of an advantage.

The Laser also did not have the rear wing and that was one of the things that turned me off from it, to me the rear wing finished it both stylistically and aerodynamically..Early models of all three were only available in FWD it was the second generation which was AWD available in the Talon in Eclipse as I owned both trading in my FWD a year later for the AWD..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Could buy an RX-8 new & have some fun; if you keep it at the redline.
A RX 8 cost a little bit more than 1.6 Mill. A used one cost already over 2 Mill. I like the look of the Mazda, but i don't like that a sport car has rear acess doors like a pick Up Truck. They should made them only with 2 door.