I Lost My Departure Card, What To Do?

indieke

As I was due to leave on the 16 th, and my flight was canceled, I was not in trouble for the delay I could be in Thailand. The airline had already taken out the card, but returned it, when Austrian Airlines canceled the flight.

But it was loose. My wife could leave yesterday evening, left my passport. Couldn't sleep this night and saw that the card was missing! I panic here. Looked evrywhere, but it is gone, probably in a bag of her.

What must I do, to not get in serious trouble?

relax, tell the immigration officer the truth (that you lost it and the details) and they will give you a new departure card to fill into.

not a big deal, your passport has arrival stamp in it so they can just record that on the replacement departure card.

Edited by LuckyFive8888

if u loose departure card, get another from counter..

but normally its strappeled to passport, how can u loose it?

I arrived on Saturday and my immigration counter was not stapling the departure cards to the passports.

Either they ran out of staples or it's an across the board cost cutting exercise?

Well, here's an interesting scenario for you:

You arrive at the airport and check in as normal.

You go through immigration / passport control - they take your departure card and stamp you out of Thailand.

You wait airside for your flight, which then gets cancelled for volcanic or other reasons.

How do you now get back into Thailand?

Your departure card is gone.

Your passport is stamped - you have left.

You do not have an entry card or a boarding card stub from an incoming flight as you haven't actually gone anywhere.

The only thing that you have is your boarding card for your cancelled flight.

How would immigration handle this one? It may be an unlikely scenario but certainly possible.

DM :)

This happened to me in Vietnam once when the TG flight was canceled till next day. VN Immigration gave us choice of either leaving passports with them and collect on return from Hotel, or they would cancel the departure stamp in the passport and gave a new immigration card to fill in. I had mine canceled and caught an earlier flight out of VN without waiting for the delayed TG flight

Well, here's an interesting scenario for you:

You arrive at the airport and check in as normal.

You go through immigration / passport control - they take your departure card and stamp you out of Thailand.

You wait airside for your flight, which then gets cancelled for volcanic or other reasons.

How do you now get back into Thailand?

Your departure card is gone.

Your passport is stamped - you have left.

You do not have an entry card or a boarding card stub from an incoming flight as you haven't actually gone anywhere.

The only thing that you have is your boarding card for your cancelled flight.

How would immigration handle this one? It may be an unlikely scenario but certainly possible.

DM :)

Fill out a new entry card and go back through immigration arrivals.