Red-Shirts To Intensify Pressure

webfact

You got it. In order to cling on to his unelected position, Abhisit is willing to risk splitting the army, which could easily lead to a civil war.

And we should recall that Abhisit's original justification for his unelected grabbing of power was that two people had been killed in the street fighting. He promised reconciliation.

Now that over 20 people have died in exactly the same circumstances, we hear nothing from Abhisit as he cowers in his hole.

He is nothing more than a self-serving hypocrite.

Well said people ! :D

But look at this video and if you don't understand Thai, have someone watch with you to translate

Here Abhisit imploring the government at that time to do the responsible thing and RESIGN ! :)

Abhisit's hypocrisy is sickening :D

Abhisit has gone from being someone who dithered and fiddled to a disgrace! he will reap a bitter harvest eventually - and what about Anupong? he changes tune every press conference - now he sits with Abhisit and say the Army WILL go in - the other day he was saying they will NOT go in and they should dissolve parliament.

And by doing so they keep the red leaders on the back foot,

confused about when or how something MIGHT happen,

and needing to keep their forces UP just in case....

but it keeps changing!!!! And so do their mood swings.

All Quiet On The Eastern Front

or is it?

ahhh it's all a 'cunning plan' eh? rather than just indecison and lack of focus? hmmmm hadn't thought of that :D

It takes a big man to admit it. :D

Just as I felt it took a big man to be called, weak, indecicive and ditherer

and all the other very nasty things Abhisit KNEW he was being called,

while he tried to NOT cause a conflagration...

And even then for sometime AFTER that worst case outcome became likely

he still quietly kept on the course. No matter what was said.

Seems finally push comes to shove and farther, but he can always know

he tried to get this to end non-violently, but was met with intransigence from day one.

And yes the last few days no doubt were to keep them guessing and worried.

When you know an attack is likely coming, but never can tell when,

it ratchets up the tension and internal stress appreciably.

And that creates fatigue and doubt.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the arrogance of Abhisit seems to know no bounds (there has to be dissolution. an election soon which the democrats would clearly lose as with every election since around 2000), the current govt was cobbled togther through a judicial coup and the bribery intiumidation of the chidchob faction (they were kept locked up in a hotel to vote Abhisit into power) - the question is what end game the govt and the privy council are playing and whether there will be an election at all,

Elections held now would not be legitimate. You need to bring law and order back before you can call an election. Doing it now while red protesters have roadblocks and are performing illegal searches of innocent civilians would taint the whole process. Unless red and yellows go home, and start acting like civilized people the next election will be more corrupt than any of the previous ones. Letting protesters form militias to act in place of the police is contrary to the principles of a free election.

the arrogance of Abhisit seems to know no bounds (there has to be dissolution. an election soon which the democrats would clearly lose as with every election since around 2000), the current govt was cobbled togther through a judicial coup and the bribery intiumidation of the chidchob faction (they were kept locked up in a hotel to vote Abhisit into power) - the question is what end game the govt and the privy council are playing and whether there will be an election at all,

Elections held now would not be legitimate. You need to bring law and order back before you can call an election. Doing it now while red protesters have roadblocks and are performing illegal searches of innocent civilians would taint the whole process. Unless red and yellows go home, and start acting like civilized people the next election will be more corrupt than any of the previous ones. Letting protesters form militias to act in place of the police is contrary to the principles of a free election.

There would be no possible benefit and a great many negatives to

forcing an early election under anything like the current conditions.

Unless it is;

Safe for all regardless of non-violent political choices,

Free for all to travel where they wish, dressed as they wish,

Speak as they wish without fear of repression

Without fear of being searched by street mobs just for walking/driving to work

then this is not a viable state for a snap election.

Regardless of the BIG people behind this,

and their motives, the little people are the voters,

and they must do it in a UN-harassed state of mind.

Edited by animatic

It didn't take locking his MP's in rooms to get Newin to switch sides, it just was a simple offer of power sharing and inclusion in some flexible fashion. He never needed ANYTHING more than that.

"inclusion in some flexible fashion" .... that's an interesting view of what Newin likes to get out of government - I always thought it was something rather more tangible.

It didn't take locking his MP's in rooms to get Newin to switch sides, it just was a simple offer of power sharing and inclusion in some flexible fashion. He never needed ANYTHING more than that.

"inclusion in some flexible fashion" .... that's an interesting view of what Newin likes to get out of government - I always thought it was something rather more tangible.

Unconfirmed report from french network, BTS is now closed (6.30am) due to tyres on the tracks @ Chitlom station.

Unconfirmed report from french network, BTS is now closed (6.30am) due to tyres on the tracks @ Chitlom station.

Any more info on this?

Any more info on this?

It was on the THai TV, morning news

Another example of red shirt terrorism

:D

But i doubt it's mindless terrorisim. I'm not a red supporter, but they have impressed me with their organization and ability to think on the fly. I'm just betting the reason they blocked the track at Chitlom is that they had "notice" that the government might be sending soldiers in thru the BTS.

Just a guess, but I'm betting on that.

Got to go my ##### computer is going through the "weekly' (read daily) auto-reboot by the admin people. Sheesh.

:)

excerpt from This morning's Nation newspaper coverage:

"Another back-up force of soldiers later arrived and confronted the red shirts, before firing real bullets in the (air?) and charging the protesters. Soldiers retook the position and reopened the traffic which was heavily congested for hours. Forty red shirts were apprehended and kept in military custody in an unknown location."

Well, at least some soldiers are acting like soldiers. Add that above-mentioned episode to the report yesterday of police breaking out of a barricade near Phitsanolok. Well done!

As much as anything else, Abhisit has to do all he can to assert control over security forces, and am sure he knows it. As for the cops and soldiers around Kon Kaen who are wilting like pansies in a drought: Firm recriminations are in order - though who will enforce discipline? ....if so many cops/soldiers are wimping out?

As for the cops and soldiers around Kon Kaen who are wilting like pansies in a drought: Firm recriminations are in order - though who will enforce discipline? ....if so many cops/soldiers are wimping out?

Nice to see you are calling for firm recriminations, and not the death penalty for a change :)

As for the cops and soldiers around Kon Kaen who are wilting like pansies in a drought: Firm recriminations are in order - though who will enforce discipline? ....if so many cops/soldiers are wimping out?

Nice to see you are calling for firm recriminations, and not the death penalty for a change :)

I only advocate death penalty for killers who hide among the Reds.

Nice to see you are calling for firm recriminations, and not the death penalty for a change :D

I only advocate death penalty for killers who hide among the Reds.

And also for the killers who killed the reds ? :)

excerpt from This morning's Nation newspaper coverage:

"Another back-up force of soldiers later arrived and confronted the red shirts, before firing real bullets in the (air?) and charging the protesters. Soldiers retook the position and reopened the traffic which was heavily congested for hours. Forty red shirts were apprehended and kept in military custody in an unknown location."

Well, at least some soldiers are acting like soldiers. Add that above-mentioned episode to the report yesterday of police breaking out of a barricade near Phitsanolok. Well done!

As much as anything else, Abhisit has to do all he can to assert control over security forces, and am sure he knows it. As for the cops and soldiers around Kon Kaen who are wilting like pansies in a drought: Firm recriminations are in order - though who will enforce discipline? ....if so many cops/soldiers are wimping out?

Another falang USA who thinks that soldiers acting like 'real' soldiers can provide a solution of the problem.

I sense a pattern here.

A excerpt from The Nation regarding the BTS closure:

"However red shirts leaders said on stage at Rajprasong rally site that the blocking is a decision by a group of red shirts, not by them.

At 5am, a group of red shirts carried tens of tyres and went up to Chidlom station. they then threw the typres onto the tracks."

Great, more rouge "red-shirts". Are these fake-reds?

"Oh, did someone toss tyres on the tracks? Wasn't us. It must be <pick the flavor of the month shirt>."

"However red shirts leaders said on stage at Rajprasong rally site that the blocking is a decision by a group of red shirts, not by them.

At 5am, a group of red shirts carried tens of tyres and went up to Chidlom station. they then threw the typres onto the tracks."

"Oh, did someone toss tyres on the tracks? Wasn't us. It must be <pick the flavor of the month shirt>."

Must be the same group of fake Reds that fired the grenades at the Sala Daeng station on Thurs night.

Sitting the parking lot that is sukhumvit for the past 30 mins its nice to see that my taxi driver is more frustrated than me.

Perhaps he should visit rajaprasong for reimbursement for lost monies today from his 'democracy champions'.

Sir daeng is far to esteemed for what now should be called malai daeng.

what do you all make of the king's message?

"His Majesty also said "some people" in this country appeared to have failed to do their duty.

"Do your job with honesty. In this country there may be some people who forget their duty. You should be an example by working honestly and properly, your job is very important," "

i think that was a message to Abhisit, the army and the police to start enforcing the law and get some order back to the country. what do you think?

"His Majesty also said "some people" in this country appeared to have failed to do their duty.

"Do your job with honesty. In this country there may be some people who forget their duty. You should be an example by working honestly and properly, your job is very important," "

i think that was a message to Abhisit, the army and the police to start enforcing the law and get some order back to the country. what do you think?

It could be to certain individuals in law enforcement and the military as well... but yeah I think it's a blanket statement that pretty much covers the whole bed.

Edited by humfurry

Another example of red shirt terrorism

:D

But i doubt it's mindless terrorisim. I'm not a red supporter, but they have impressed me with their organization and ability to think on the fly. I'm just betting the reason they blocked the track at Chitlom is that they had "notice" that the government might be sending soldiers in thru the BTS.

Just a guess, but I'm betting on that.

Got to go my ##### computer is going through the "weekly' (read daily) auto-reboot by the admin people. Sheesh.

:)

I think it is more indicative of smaller groups of Reds acting on their own,

and this is indicative of a loss of central control, thus the hydra head of anarchy

is rising inexorably over the country, and not just Bangkok.

If they can't control their cell leaders in Bkk, the ones in the country side

are even looser cannons.

Lose the shirt/uniform and no one will know who is who and violence will happen

and by the time you know it is, it's got you.

brahmburgars never advocated the death penalty or killing reds to close down the rally.

That was red interpretations to discredit his firm stance on law and order reinstitution.

The death penalty or life without parole is quite appropriate for any who kill from stealth

while using others as shields or a distraction... Any group doing this is liable.

Edited by animatic

That message is to Anupong and the top brass.

'You've dropped the ball boys.

Time to pick it up and run for the goal.

"However red shirts leaders said on stage at Rajprasong rally site that the blocking is a decision by a group of red shirts, not by them. At 5am, a group of red shirts carried tens of tyres and went up to Chidlom station. they then threw the typres onto the tracks."

I thought there were police and army stationed at key places near the rally sites. Surely Chidlom station is an important place.

Did security forces see guys carrying tires up the stairs and simply think;

"Oh my, these guys look determined. I wonder what they're doing carrying so many tires in a train station. Maybe they're going to craft the tires in to planter boxes to spruce up the place? Oh well, I don't want to get in any situation where someone might lose face - and I certainly don't want any scratches or bruises, so I'll just look at them, smile and wave. No hassles.

I would expect better security from pot smoking hippies at a Grateful Dead concert;

"Hey, check it out, man. Some dudes are carrying tires up the stairs and dumping them on the train tracks. Dude, that could be a hassle for the trains, don't ya think? Maybe we ought to go and, like, interact with those guys and tell them to mellow out - share a few tokes from the ganga mother."

I don't know how any westerner can actually support the red protestors with how they are acting now.

Red supporters condemn the government, the army, the elite and the yellows. There are some good reasons to condemn these groups for their actions in the past.

But you support the lawlessness of the reds.

You support them shutting down a city of 10 million people.

You support them searching individuals going about their daily lives.

You support them shutting down roads around the country.

You support them bringing down the economy which will affect all Thais, and especially the poorer ones, for years to come.

Is this the sort of country that you want to live in?

A country where a small minority can do anything that they want? I am not talking about the grass roots red supporters, the poor farmers, the factory workers, the construction workers.

I am talking about the thugs searching people, searching cars, blockading highways. If they can do this now, what will they be able to do if their leaders control the government, the police and the army?

Support the poor. Condemn the elite.

But don't support the thugs ruining the country.

That message is to Anupong and the top brass.

'You've dropped the ball boys.

Time to pick it up and run for the goal.

'with honesty' is a tall order in Thailand!!! 'failed to do their duty' could be RESIGN! :)

I'm sorry to ask a potentially very "blond" question, but is someone able to explain to me why the protestors are free to roam around as they please, why people, food, water etc. can be brought to Rajprasong intersection without problem at all? Why are the protestors controlling road blocks around this are rather than the police? Why aren't the protestors cut off any supply incl. the freedom to come and go as they please? I still can't get my head around this… :D

I have been asking myself the same questions. :)

The reds are SO comfortable on Rajaprasong Road and at Lumphini Park. From the skytrain it looks like a bunch of people in red having picnics at Lumphini Park....and of course no police around. They've got a catering business going for thousands of people. Police and Military just standing around posing....AMAZING THAILAND!!!!