Electricity Problems

This week seems to have been particularly bad with massive and regular voltage drops - our lights go out and the ac stops, then it all comes back after a few seconds. Our electrician checked the incoming supply and it was dropping as low as 130 at times. Is this wide spread through Samui or just confined to the supply along the ring road? Is anyone else suffering the same problem or is it just us?

I'm just off the ring road near Bophut traffic lights, and ..... touch wood ....... have had a very good and consistent supply for over a year or more now it would seem.

Not gloating ..... honest, just adding to the information for you. :)

Samui Res.

I sent you a PM, read it!

I did not want to post the number here in case it is a private number for the Samui Electric Chief...

Dropping that low, is way of out of the "norm".... they will tell you 10% variation, which is generally what I get... My UPS for the computer, has a read out. Currently 216.

Good luck!

Appreciate all the comments. I was wondering if it was just this area, not just us alone, as the shop across the road has the same problem. However, I am told the electric company were doing some major work near Tesco these last few days which may be the reason, and today being a weekend they are not working and (touch wood) so far all seems OK.