How To Rent Out Our Bungalow In Pattaya?

We (my Thai partner) have recently purchased a brand new bugalow in Pattaya - Just North of Sukumvit Road in the area of Soi Cow Noi. Viallage Chok Chai 5. We wish to rent it out. We already have a friend to mamage it there, but we need to promote it. We are currently living in the UK and are looking for 6 month+ lets.

Can any one help? :o

You could try taking a nice photo and placing an add on the noticeboards at Carefour,Foodland ,Friendship or Best supermarkets. This method seems to work well.

Also you could try some of the free publications where you can advertise for free . These are available in the front sections of Foodland and Friendship.

• 2 weeks later...
:o  Thanks for everybodies help! I will be taking up some of your suggestions. I have also made a website for the Bungalow with all of its details

Bungalow for Rent in Pattaya  :D

Too expensive ! I lived in a house that looked exactly like this in the same area off Soi Nub Plan. These places are going for around 13,000 - 15,000 per month unfurnished.

To get 24,000 baht you would need it looking like a palace inside, not just a cheap couch and a couple of beds.

Pattaya mail is best, otherwise being in the UK you will need a good rental agent which are not easy to find, 99% of real estate agents in Pattaya came with zero experience in the industry prior to establishing in Thailand, they will also take a cut (well they wont do it for nothing), normally about 10% !

I have often wondered why more people dont just let a house unfurnished. I know of 2 people that are currently looking for a new place to rent but both already have their own furniture. They figured better to build up their own stuff which they preferred and were responsible for and get a better rental rate however from what they tell me - the opposite is the case - some owners that do agree to remove furniture want to put the price UP to pay for storage of the same.

Also in my experience of the rental market in Pattaya - there are two main markets - cheap and cheerful (5-20,000) and very high end (i.e over 60,000 baht a month) - not much of a middle market from what I can tell.

Finally brand new 3 bedroom semi detached townhouse in Suwatana on Soi Num Plub Wan is going for 18,000 baht including all rooms with aircon and very nice (for the price) well equiped kitchen. Not sure if Chockai has any advantages over Suwatana worth paying the differential for and they must be within virtual throwing distance of each other.

:D Thanks for all your opions and we are taken them on board. Even, if the truth hurts a bit. With regard to the price, maybe it is a shade high, but it does give us room to negotiate. We do know of other bungalows in the same place getting around that price. Also the house and its contents are absolutely Brand New.

This is our first attempt at this and we are taking a bit of guidence from a Thai friend who has and rents out several properties in Pattaya.

:o Paul

:D  Thanks for all your opions and we are taken them on board. Even, if the truth hurts a bit.  With regard to the price, maybe it is a shade high, but it does give us room to negotiate. We do know of other bungalows in the same place getting around that price. Also the house and its contents are absolutely Brand New.

This is our first attempt at this and we are taking a bit of guidence from a Thai friend who has and rents out several properties in Pattaya.

:o  Paul

I saw this being promoted on the ads section and fell off my chair when I saw the price!

Paul, you are being misled if people say they are getting around this figure on that village. You can get a nice 3 bed house with full aircon full furniture for under 20,000 on Sawatana, a much nicer village in my opinion than yours. You need to drop your price, you are doing a Thai thing, as it will be sitting there empty! Ask a realisitic price and you may get someone in for 12 months or more.