Gtr & Ssr House Party In Chiang Mai!

BigBikeBKK

Lock up your daughters and wives! The Bangkok Hooligans have arrived in Chiang Mai! motorcycle2_smilie.gif

042310RideToCM1Sm.jpg

Only 3 of us from Bangkok... What we lack in numbers we make up for in volume! shooting_smilie2.gif

Ha ha ha ha!!!

Expecting around 50 others to attend the party. Should be awesome! See you tomorrow!

If not too hung over we're thinking about a Samoeng Loop ride in the am with a stop at the X-centre and maybe a dip at the reservoir in the afternoon to cool off.

Perhaps see some of you on the road tomorrow before the party. icon_mrgreen.gif

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Tony all the best and hope you all enjoy the time ...am sure that Franz will throw a rockin' party . I guess you will pass out again :D ? Would have loved to come too but have some appointment to follow tomorrow :) .

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

A few pics from this morning's little ride to the X-Centre-

042410SamoendLoopSm.jpg

Samoeng Loop is always a fun little blast, but be warned a long stretch is currently under repair so approach with caution.

042410SamoendGixxer3Zm.jpg

Bakerboy gives it two thumbs up wink.gif

042410SamoengVFR800Sm.jpg

Bananaboy was a little hot and bothered evil.gif

042410SamoengZX10RSm.jpg

Wow- Franz REALLY knows how to throw a party!!!

042410GTRSSRPartySm.jpg

Going back now for ROUND TWO! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Happy Trails!

Tony

042410SamoendGixxer4Sm.jpg

Had the pleasure of seeing, and hearing (Grrrrr), the Panzer Wagon and the SSR crew pass by on the Mae Rim road; nice bikes, that Gixxer is HOT!

Work sadly kept me from the party, but off to Nan tomorrow morning. Hope a great time was had by all.

Cheers

Had the pleasure of seeing, and hearing (Grrrrr), the Panzer Wagon and the SSR crew pass by on the Mae Rim road; nice bikes, that Gixxer is HOT!

Work sadly kept me from the party, but off to Nan tomorrow morning. Hope a great time was had by all.

Cheers

Sorry we missed you! You must have heard/seen us when we rode from the X-Centre to Franz's house. You are working in/near Mae Rim? Hopefully we can all hook up next time.

Ride On!

Tony

Another fantastic day!

Breakfast at Gary's Euro Diner with Grant, John Gooding, Harry the Finn, Marco, Trent, Gerhardt, Nee and me. Excellent food- highly recommended! GTR discount too :D

Harry and Marco were headed to Nan and Gerhardt, Trent and I decided to ride with them as far at Phayao and then we'd head south to Petchabun while they continued on to Nan.

Fantastic Highway 120:

042510Route120aSm.jpg

Stopped at the top for a breather and to wish Marco and Harry a safe journey to Nan.

042510Route120Bikes2Sm.jpg

Marco sucking on something... shocked.gif

042510Route120MarcoSm.jpg

Great to see the Panzer Wagon back in action! :D

We headed south on 1 then south east on the 103 which had some good sections. 101 to Den Chai. Incredibly hot but we pressed on. Hammered down highway 11 to Pitsanulok (got the Gixxer up to 275km/hr) :) and then caught Highway 12 east towards Lom Sak and Petchabun. Stopped at the Route 12 Cafe to enjoy the views and have some refreshments.

042510Route12Sm.jpg

Nice! cool.gif

042510Route12TrentSm.jpg

Took an interesting little "shortcut" off the 12 to Petchabun via Khao Kho. I'll have to look up the road numbers when I get home. Nice views and 'entertaining' road. wink.gif

Heavy rain the last ~15 km or so into Petchabun but it didnt dampen the fun! Lookng forward to a good nights rest at the Khosit Hotel- they jacked their prices since last time we stayed here but it's still a decent hotel.

Will post more pics and videos after I get home tomorrow.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Nice pics tony and i like the Route 12 shop too....you'll have to show me someday when we ride out the direction

You are quite right the road to khao Kho is really interesting and winding ...i believe this hilly area is also why they call it "little switzerland" . I have done this road a few years ago on a XS 750 (triple) and really enjoyed it. There is a viewpoint there right on the highest point too...did you make it there?

Looking forward to more pics & video,

happy trails,'

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

how do some of ye stick the heat in those full leather suits ?????????

Very hot these days, but not sure wearing full leathers really makes us any hotter. As long as we're moving my perforated leathers are not too hot, but we try to avoid stopping in the sun for any length of time! Ride On! Tony :)

I was just at the Route 12 coffee shop myself recently although I took a slightly different route...It's a great area, I lived around there for 6 years, with some of the best riding both on and off road in Thailand!

post-22617-1272541975_thumb.jpg

I was just at the Route 12 coffee shop myself recently although I took a slightly different route...It's a great area, I lived around there for 6 years, with some of the best riding both on and off road in Thailand!

post-22617-1272541975_thumb.jpg

Hi Bung...i like the nice Austrian Bike (Ktm) of yours...one day i will also go to route 12...but not sure of the exact location...any gps coordinates?

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

No idea of the GPS but if your heading from Phitsanolouk to Lomsak it is about 40k's before Lomsak, just before you head down the hill. khao Kho is great for ridin', there are 3 different winding roads down (or up) the hills and plenty of nice places to stay

Sorry we missed you! You must have heard/seen us when we rode from the X-Centre to Franz's house. You are working in/near Mae Rim? Hopefully we can all hook up next time.

Ride On!

Tony

I was just visiting the billiard shop on the road to Mae Rim, yeah know wishing I had more time to play. Plan to clear the calender next time Franz has a party, but had to work before taking off riding for 4 days. Funny that we missed you boys, on our 70 to 17 tour, by an hour or so on the 120.

Cheers,

Kevin

No idea of the GPS but if your heading from Phitsanolouk to Lomsak it is about 40k's before Lomsak, just before you head down the hill. khao Kho is great for ridin', there are 3 different winding roads down (or up) the hills and plenty of nice places to stay

The Route 12 Cafe is about 6km West of the turn off to Khao Kho- beautiful views off their back porch.

041610Gixxer2Sm.jpg