Young Farang Lost His Way

tijnebijn

I have got a little better description of the wanderer .

My wife told me he is about 185-188 tall , 6 feet 1 / to 2 , with shaven head ,

wearing much to small flip flops , had a wound or severe skin irritation below his knee ,

is dark skinned but lighthaired legs , so perhaps blonde , with big dark eyes , not arabic type

but more halfblood type .......smiling to everybody and very confused and dirty looking .

Dark grey/black t-shirt and shorts till his knees .....

This all I got , perhaps more easy to recognise , he's walking all around the city , not just changklan ....

Just a matter ot time one of you will see him me guess ....

I told them to phone tourist police to have a chat with him when seeing him again , looks he's lost it .

Edited by tijnebijn

my third round is no use too.

I ask all of 7 11 around there and all of shop around them. they all said never seen one.

from my friend's description , said that he wear kind of thai style pant สะดอ and a t shirt.

my other friend say he's now around the moat, walking around , sit and sleeping on a bench on the moat. this clue is about one week new.

I will do more search in this evening.

but if any one has a better and more recent witness about him, please let me know

sorry for my bad english , still learning (I'm native)

P.S. my friend also said that he looks psych, well , I still believe that if there's things that make him wander like that all this long time bad things might happened to him , that should enough to make man get some mental illness.

Great compassion from you there uppalux , a true Buddhist .

Yes I'm pretty sure he is mental , for whatever reason , he shouldn't walk around

in a far away country like that , he's family must be worried back home .

Depends on how far his mental state is for him to get his things and himself together and

go back home . We all know well if he makes a mistake , steals food or something he could be in deep trouble in Thailand ,

when police comes into the picture , even something small .

Don't worry about your English , I'm not native English also , so long we understand each other is the most important .

Keep looking and if made contact ( with him ) some authority should intervene , contact his family if possible and get him home .

If nothing , well more we cannot do can we ?

Edited by tijnebijn

It is quite possible and likely that his situation is self inflicted in some way, perhaps via nasty drug habit.

But keep in mind that some people take different medications that may have serious side effects. Perhaps he ran out of or lost some sort of medicine he needs to function properly? Once his location is known, I don't see any harm in contacting TP to have a talk with the guy. Even if his situation is completely self inflicted, it sounds like he could use some help and hopefully accepts help. Trying to see if help is needed or necessary is certainly a good deed one can do... even if this leads to nothing more than deportation...

It is quite possible and likely that his situation is self inflicted in some way, perhaps via nasty drug habit.

But keep in mind that some people take different medications that may have serious side effects. Perhaps he ran out of or lost some sort of medicine he needs to function properly? Once his location is known, I don't see any harm in contacting TP to have a talk with the guy. Even if his situation is completely self inflicted, it sounds like he could use some help and hopefully accepts help. Trying to see if help is needed or necessary is certainly a good deed one can do... even if this leads to nothing more than deportation...

I agree with your statement .

Edited by tijnebijn

Sure he would ask for assistance if he needed it ...

OP says: "He is begging for food".

Once his location is known, I don't see any harm in contacting TP to have a talk with the guy. Even if his situation is completely self inflicted, it sounds like he could use some help and hopefully accepts help. Trying to see if help is needed or necessary is certainly a good deed one can do... even if this leads to nothing more than deportation...

It's highly likely that he is overstaying. We know what kind of 'help' he is going to receive.

... yes you are correct I did contribute to the thread, but I have learnt a lesson keep my thought to myself and don't bother with post again on Thai visa,

A deep thank you to Khun Tijnebijn, and Khun Uppalux, and others, for your concern for this young man.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Thongkorn,

Please don't let one comment by someone here discourage you from participating.

Your compassion is appreciated, and your hypothesis, that he might be having some medication related psychosis is very plausible. Equally plausible are many other possibilities including : concussion, injury, metabolic dysfunction possibly from many or multiple causes, withdrawal effects from dis-continuing some form of medication, etc. He could be dis-oriented for many, many reasons.

best, ~o:37;

Once his location is known, I don't see any harm in contacting TP to have a talk with the guy.

Could be wrong, but don't think Thai Pauly would be keen on chatting to him unless beer was involved :)

How about someone getting a discreet pic and uploading to Facebook (or similar) entitled lost foreigner in Thailand (or similar)? Never know, his kin may be listening in.

Once his location is known, I don't see any harm in contacting TP to have a talk with the guy.

Could be wrong, but don't think Thai Pauly would be keen on chatting to him unless beer was involved :)

How about someone getting a discreet pic and uploading to Facebook (or similar) entitled lost foreigner in Thailand (or similar)? Never know, his kin may be listening in.

I think he meant TOURIST POLICE mate :D

anyway its your round :D

I just came back from Kadluang.

a police around there say he was there until a week ago.

on my way back in a moat . I see some farang up to an appearance , sitting on a bench east side of a moat ,so I go ask him.

but wasn't him (actually ,I got some nasty words follow my back for a guessing a wrong guy)

may be it is up to a time to be able to meet him cause as mr.Tijnebijn said , he seem to wander around town nonstop.

and it's a good information from mr.elcent , I'll go check that out.

and about Thai police system , I'm certain of my word (sure , I'm thai , I know best) won't do F-word-ing thing unless you got some muscle or a bottles full alcohol.

if there's thai officer that really want to help , optimistic , idealist type, they won't have a power to do so , cause straight and nice one never get a rank up.

on my way back in a moat . I see some farang up to an appearance , sitting on a bench east side of a moat ,so I go ask him.

but wasn't him (actually ,I got some nasty words follow my back for a guessing a wrong guy)

may be it is up to a time to be able to meet him cause as mr.Tijnebijn said , he seem to wander around town nonstop.

and about Thai police system , I'm certain of my word (sure , I'm thai , I know best) won't do F-word-ing thing unless you got some muscle or a bottles full alcohol.

if there's thai officer that really want to help , optimistic , idealist type, they won't have a power to do so , cause straight and nice one never get a rank up.

From the descriptions given, I'm pretty sure I saw this person in a bar in loh kro in the early hours of Friday night Saturday morning 111am. being one of the last customers in the place he chose to sit on the bar stool next to me without speaking a word or purchasing a drink,I avoided eye contact as the mental state was obviously unstable or drugged up. feet resembling vagrant caked with road dirt. he was also wearing some kind of head scarf not sure of the colour, just dirty.

I was not speaking English so he did not approach, I mentioned to the staff and owner of the bar that it appeared he would be better off in suan plu hospital and they helped him outside to walk the street. The bar was closing anyway.At that time of day it's difficult to find the time for another scam artist(enough already) or genuine victim of society, he didn't appear aggressive, but if anyone can make it to loy kro at that time of day knows what they're doing beam me up scotty when I've had enough, I hope some one has the time and resources to help if genuine.

You should be more careful the next farang may give you more than nasty words. Perhaps all the talk helpers here on TV can meet at Mad Dog tomorrow and assist in the hunt with more than words. Walk the talk folks.

I remember reading on Face Book on the Thaivisa facebook page, there was a swedish backpacker who has been missing in Thailand since around March 2010. His Visa has expired,he has lost or is not answering mobile phone, and friends/family have not heard from him since with no further facebook/email or mobile contact from him. This man also has a shaved head but has tattoos that would be esily identifiable if this fellow was him??? It is possible he has just over stayed his Visa..

as for his condition - it could be a plethora of reasons, being a tourist, if he was subjected to the elements, & is not eating right, and not drinking enough water, his condition could be an extreme case of dehydration or exposure.. If drug related Yaba causes psychosis in some cases or perhaps it is a underlying mental illness that is not being treated or possibly a head trauma received at some point. Either way, without judgement, he obviously needs help...

I will try and track the pikkie of the bloke that is missing, and post and see if this is the same man....

Prayers are with him, that he finds his way home....

I remember reading on Face Book on the Thaivisa facebook page, there was a swedish backpacker who has been missing in Thailand since around March 2010. His Visa has expired,he has lost or is not answering mobile phone, and friends/family have not heard from him since with no further facebook/email or mobile contact from him. This man also has a shaved head but has tattoos that would be esily identifiable if this fellow was him??? It is possible he has just over stayed his Visa..

as for his condition - it could be a plethora of reasons, being a tourist, if he was subjected to the elements, & is not eating right, and not drinking enough water, his condition could be an extreme case of dehydration or exposure.. If drug related Yaba causes psychosis in some cases or perhaps it is a underlying mental illness that is not being treated or possibly a head trauma received at some point. Either way, without judgement, he obviously needs help...

I will try and track the pikkie of the bloke that is missing, and post and see if this is the same man....

this is the http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?op=1&amp...113052042054066pikkie of the man missing..

this is the http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?op=1&amp...113052042054066pikkie of the man missing..

** Make sure to click on the link All pikkies as for some reason a pikkie of his tattoo appears first up!!

Hi Shiva ,

Nice thinking , could be a missing puzzle , but I'm sure its not him .

My wife told me he was a very young guy , this guy doesn't look young to me ,

and isn't tall from what I can see . ( but I will let her look at the picture anyway the coming weekend )

By the way , my wife has not seen the guy since the time I posted , perhaps he has moved elsewhere

or found his compoisure after a couple of weeks livinng a life as a street dog .

No news could be good news , or the other way around .