Ricky Hatton Light Welterweight Champion

Hatton was ahead by 1, 3 and 5 rounds at the time of Tzsyu's retirement on the judges cards.

I think the 5 round margin was fair. Tszyu was not in the contest after the 7th round. Hatton was just relentless and kept on raising the game. He was never out of Tszyu's face throughout the fight. He took all of Tszyu's best shots and replied in kind. Hatton has shown the world his class and shut up the Yanks (who will probably bleat on about how Hatton is still <deleted> until he beats x, y or z)

Respect to Johnny Lewis for pulling Tszyu out of the fight as he was clearly close to being stopped and maybe seriously hurt.

Aussies and Russkies, your boy took a ###### of a beating.

The punches landed stat they've just given is interesting. 841 for hatton to 411 for Tszyu (if I remember it correctly but they're approximately right)

I hope you caught the fight Leftcross. It was the best performance I've seen by a British boxer since Honeyghan hammered Don Curry.

Edited by ProfessorFart

Just want to get my 2 cents in. I thought Kosta would win early. Same as you all have said- hats off to Hatton. Big time win. Question: was this fight televised anywhere in Thailand?? i've got ubc - nothing, of course, and sat and watched ch. 3 and 7 hoping they would pick it up- nothing. i am a big arturo gatti fan and the fight on the 25th is not on ubc's schedule...any ideas where to see it???

I hope the fight was on somewhere. I understand that some people caught the fight on the Chinese channel CCTV 5 which some sattelites pick up.

As to if the fight was shown on a Thai channel, that remains a mystery.

Alright Lamps. I've been knocking around but have had work piling up....

Chon, its one of those famous Australian sporting silences. Not quite of the standard set after the rugby world cup but not a bad one at all.

Hatton was ahead by 1, 3 and 5 rounds at the time of Tzsyu's retirement on the judges cards.

I think the 5 round margin was fair. Tszyu was not in the contest after the 7th round. Hatton was just relentless and kept on raising the game. He was never out of Tszyu's face throughout the fight. He took all of Tszyu's best shots and replied in kind. Hatton has shown the world his class and shut up the Yanks (who will probably bleat on about how Hatton is still <deleted> until he beats x, y or z)

Respect to Johnny Lewis for pulling Tszyu out of the fight as he was clearly close to being stopped and maybe seriously hurt.

Aussies and Russkies, your boy took a ###### of a beating.

Pro Fart.....

the best fighter on the night won.... good on Hatton...thats boxing

Absolutely fantastic! Proved me wrong , where's the likes of Siam Superfly on this thread ?

:D

Well done Ricky!!! :o

Beware.....ever heard of such a thing as a rematch ?

......Koysta has given Hatton a shot at the bigtime, and in boxing it goes without saying that Hatton must repay that by accepting a rematch if Zu wishes....probably be a rematch clause in the fight contract........

we all saw a good fight..and Im still here !! doing fine thankyou chon !

I can't see a rematch happening and any talk of one is mere bluster and bravado.

Tszyu faded alarmingly after round 6 and I think that was down to age rather than conditioning. I couldn't see Johnny Lewis letting Tszyu into the ring with Hatton again and ship that kind of punishment. That was the sort of contest which ends careers.

I can't see a rematch happening and any talk of one is mere bluster and bravado.

Wow.....you are the keeper of all knowledge Pro Fart........ !!

What would you know !!!

Hatton won, he earned his win, he was the best fighter........

Congrats to Hatton

Hehehe! The insults keep on rolling in from someone who can't make a valid point about a sport he claims to know so much about.

Nothing worse than a sore loser. Your bottom lip is wobbling more than the San Andreas Fault! I'd make like Tszyu and retire with what dignity you can muster.

Hehehe! The insults keep on rolling in from someone who can't make a valid point about a sport he claims to know so much about.

ok....

PRO FART.....back that comment up......show me a post that I have said that ""I know so much about boxing""......

I have said that u get ur infor of the net, and u do....

Hatton lands 800 punches on Zu......and Zu is still standing.....

How hard can Hatton's punching be ????

It takes just ask much skill to hang on in the ring under that kind of barrage, as it does to finish the job......get it.....

I am working towards answering your question using my own question as a starting point.

I will answer to your somewhat sillly question however just to keep you interested as I'm fascinated by your insight into the world of boxing.

''How hard were Hatton's punches?''

Hatton's punches were hard enough to beat Koysta Tszyu inside the distance.

Now over to you..................

Edited by ProfessorFart

Well this is where you highlight your ignorance of the sport.

How many fighters have ever in the history of the sport obtained a 100% KO record?

Lets use that as our starting point and work from there.

You didnt answer the question Pro Fart.....and u wont...

Then allow me to answer for the Noxious Academic. scroll down this link and you'll find yourself saying 'I've been boxing all my life'. That may be what is confusing people into thinking you consider yourself an expert.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...pic=34804&st=15

Although honestly mate, if you don't know what you're talking about, all you're doing is digging that hole deeper.

I am working towards answering your question using my own question as a starting point.

I will answer to your somewhat sillly question however just to keep you interested as I'm fascinated by your insight into the world of boxing.

''How hard were Hatton's punches?''

Hatton's punches were hard enough to beat Koysta Tszyu inside the distance.

Now over to you..................

Your way to smart for me Pro Fart........

U have the last word...... :o

How many fighters have ever in the history of the sport obtained a 100% KO record?

Then allow me to answer for the Noxious Academic. scroll down this link and you'll find yourself saying 'I've been boxing all my life'. That may be what is confusing people into thinking you consider yourself an expert.

Although honestly mate, if you don't know what you're talking about, all you're doing is digging that hole deeper.

Im not ur mate....

and read that ENTIRE thread to put that in context.....hmmmmmmmm

Ive been boxing all my life.......is that the same as saying that "Im an expert on Boxing" ??

same same as saying " I drive cars all the time" and do u think that Im saying that " Im an excellent driver""......no its not....

go back to ur milk and cookies Boywolf.....

Im not ur mate....

Ive been boxing all my life.......is that the same as saying that "Im an expert on Boxing" ??

same same as saying " I drive cars all the time" and do u think that Im saying that " Im an excellent driver""......no its not....

Okay, let's look at the context pal, [if we can't be mates, can we at least be pals?]. You were trying to tell Professor Fart that he doesn't know anything about boxing, that he only gets his information from the internet. To show that you, me old mucker, were not an armchair fighter, you gave it the 'I've been boxing all my life' number. If you weren't trying to say you were an expert, why even mention it, me old china? By making the comment in a boxing thread of course you are trying to show that you have knowledge of the sport. By making the comment in the course of trying to show that someone else has no knowledge, you are clearly, matey, trying to show that your knowledge is superior.

If you made the car comment in a thread about cars, then you would obviously be trying to show that you have knowledge of the subject, oh best friend of mine. As for my milk and cookies, sunshine, I am sure they taste better than your current helpings of humble pie.

Im not ur mate....

Okay, let's look at the context pal, [if we can't be mates, can we at least be pals?]. You were trying to tell Professor Fart that he doesn't know anything about boxing, that he only gets his information from the internet. To show that you, me old mucker, were not an armchair fighter, you gave it the 'I've been boxing all my life' number. If you weren't trying to say you were an expert, why even mention it, me old china? By making the comment in a boxing thread of course you are trying to show that you have knowledge of the sport. By making the comment in the course of trying to show that someone else has no knowledge, you are clearly, matey, trying to show that your knowledge is superior.

If you made the car comment in a thread about cars, then you would obviously be trying to show that you have knowledge of the subject, oh best friend of mine. As for my milk and cookies, sunshine, I am sure they taste better than your current helpings of humble pie.

Hmmmm... hoe kay..I will make it easier for u....

I was saying that I have knowledge about the sport, by the fact that I have skills in that sport"........but that is NOT saying that Iam promoting myself as a EXPERT !!!

get it yet .....ahhh

:o U have the last word.....

Im not ur mate....

Hmmmm... hoe kay..I will make it easier for u....

I was saying that I have knowledge about the sport, by the fact that I have skills in that sport"........but that is NOT saying that Iam promoting myself as a EXPERT !!!

get it yet .....ahhh

:o U have the last word.....

Weak, very weak. But you have the last word, might I suggest another smiley, it's a big improvement over 'whatever'. Oh sorry, I just took the last word didn't I. Sorry mate.

Great fight, great fighters. Saw it delayed and enjoyed every second. I had serious doubts as to whether Hatton could step up and whether he could take world class power but he came through on both fronts.

He's a great character too to promote the sport (as is Tszyu).

I hope Tszyu doesn't retire, he still has a lot to offer and was dangerous with that right hand right up until the end.

Great fight, great fighters. Saw it delayed and enjoyed every second. I had serious doubts as to whether Hatton could step up and whether he could take world class power but he came through on both fronts.

He's a great character too to promote the sport (as is Tszyu).

I hope Tszyu doesn't retire, he still has a lot to offer and was dangerous with that right hand right up until the end.

"here here" Left cross....

..glad u got to view the fight...

Great fight and the best man won !!

Congrats to Hatton....