Red Shirt Disruptions Close To Us Embassy?

bunta71

I have to take an overnight trip to BKK on May 6th-7th for an Embassy appointment at 7AM on the 7th. Since the drama has gone on for months now, and assuming it will still be going on in a couple weeks, the question I have is this: I realize there are specific areas affected by this but wondering how things are in the Sukhumvit Soi 8 and over to the US Embassy are shut down. Any answers thanks in advance

Good luck with the appointment Jack.

let me know how it was around the embassy as I have to go the week after you.

:)

I'll let you know John. I was actually just wondering if there were a lot of disruptions there at the moment. I understand that crystal balls are not that accurate. I was just wondering out loud how that area is at the moment. :D

I am in an office building next to the Embassy (on the corner of Sarasin and Wireless) and can tell you that there are no serious disruptions here at this point in time. There is a road checkpoint on the corner and that makes for difficult traffic, but other than that the embassy is doing well. Best bet is to stay at the Conrad when you come, it is accross the street from the Embassy (Hillary C also slept there).

A recent map of red shirt insurgency occupation zones clearly shows Wireless is not currently occupied. But it is on the edge of occupation zones, so definitely too close for comfort.

here that map

post-56008-1272289383_thumb.jpg