Drinking Water

bdenner

What is your choice of drinking water?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was having a few beers with a friend yesterday and during conversation he stated that if he needed water it would only be bottled because of the high rate of kidney disease amongst the Thais, I might add he was smoking a cigarette at the time! My thoughts where that their health issues stem from the dreaded “Lao Khow”.

Whilst at home I drink rain water straight out of the concrete jugs all year round, no problems thus far and it’s particularly nice and sweet now the season has turned.

We did have a problem with bottled water in the village a couple of years back:- A working girl bought her latest snare (a Scandinavian) home to meet Mum and Dad, after inspecting "Ap Nam" the culture shock was so severe that they had to buy up every drop of bottled water so as he could wash himself before catching the first set of wheels out of here. :D Left us with a severe shortage of the commodity. :o

We usually use the big cheap bottles for drinking although I have no probs drinking "nam fon" rain water and the water we get out of our own bore seems ok to drink as well, we use that for cooking. I can understand why someone here for just a short time would want to drink decent bottled water, as its just not worth taking the risk and spoiling your hoilday....but washing with it :o

Even after all these years am a little reticent to drink the rain water from the large concrete jars.Probably stems from living in the super sanitised UK for so many years.

I have no problem drinking rain water straight from the jar; but find it difficult getting out of the jar after my thirst is quenched.

Edited by mpdkorat

Howdy Everyone,

My thoughts where that their health issues stem from the dreaded “Lao Khow”.

I think the same way out of my experiance with "Lao Khow"and the men in the village.

Whilst at home I drink rain water straight out of the concrete jugs all year round, no problems thus far and it’s particularly nice and sweet now the season has turned.

I also have always drank rain water from the LARGE concrete jugs.But let me say first that I did not know that I was drinking rain water until my 3rd visit to the village.But I do still continue to drink it and have never had a problem.

We did have a problem with bottled water in the village a couple of years back:- A working girl bought her latest snare (a Scandinavian) home to meet Mum and Dad, after inspecting "Ap Nam" the culture shock was so severe that they had to buy up every drop of bottled water so as he could wash himself before catching the first set of wheels out of here. :o Left us with a severe shortage of the commodity.

This is great!!!!!!!!The chap is best to stay in Scandinavia,for his own sanity.

Lovekindness to all :D