Question For Bang Tao Residents

WOOHOO

I'm fairly sure no one will have any answers for me, which is why I tried to be so specific in the title, so as not to waist peoples time opening it.

There is a unfinished house on the very southern end of Bang Tao beach, down by the fishing village. It looks like it's been there for some time. I just wondered if any locals know the story behind it. Whenever I see something like that, I always think the worst. Someone got ripped off, found out the land didn't have deeds, not allowed to use the access road, that sort of thing.

I'm only curious as it would be my dream home, and it just seems funny that no one's interested.

any gossip welcomed.

No, there's a nice condo block right behind it but they're not abandoned, they're finished and occupied. This appears to be a single house on its own plot, and not connected to the condos.

As I said before, to me it would be a cracking little spot to live, which is why I'm curious to know why it hasn't been finished.

Edited by WOOHOO

Is this by Baan Chai Nam?

yes, I think that's the name of the place next to it. Nice looking apartment block painted yellow. If you walk down the track to the left of Baan Chai Nam, then the house I'm talking about is on the right hand side. It's basically as far to the end of the beach as you can walk, or from the road side as far as you can drive before the road veers to the left toward Surin.

It's obviously not important, I was just being nosy, and long term ex-pats normally know most things that go on around them, so I thought I'd fish for a bit of gossip.

If you speak to a neighbor, you can ask for a chinote number for it, or for the very specific area near there. The land office should be able to tell you who owns it if you can get a really close chinote number.

best of luck