Mobile Phones Going Crazy

OxfordWill

Just recently I have noticed long times when it is impossible to connect to anyone via mobile phone. I am using orange and my friends on other networks are reporting similar problems. Someone mentioned it might be because of one particular network jamming others (mentioning no names!).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?

I am experiencing the same problems with orange, I have just posted something about this on the forum. I would be curious to know if AIS (1-2 call) users experience the same problems or if it is just an orange and DTAC problem.

Yes that's right.Now a days the mobile networks are jammed so much traffic coz of the cheap promotions offerred by them

I often cannot call from Chalong  to  Rawai (Phuket)  - 5 km - from my DTAC phone to my g/f's Orange phone -  "Network Busy"  or phone  busy (when it isn't).

my gf's sent me text messages from DTAC mobile phone to UK but it doesn't seem to work .. is thee a problem with sending message to uk that anyone knows about.

Also were the networks jammed on saturday as i had alot of problems calling

I am experiencing the same problems with orange, I have just posted something about this on the forum. I would be curious to know if AIS (1-2 call) users experience the same problems or if it is just an orange and DTAC problem.

I'm on 1-2-Call and I often get "network unavailable", particularly 3PM - 5PM.

Same here, 1-2 call. Getting network congestion error messages constantly. A reminder of the water shortage problems all over the place, build build build, sell sell sell but no planning ahead about being able to properly provide the service.

Money grabbing gibbons. :o

It's just a matter of the various operators (notably Orange and DTAC) competing for customers with ultra-low rates. This leads to more people calling for longer periods of time... and the inter-operator trunks aren't big enough to handle the traffic. This is why you can call (in BKK) people in your own network/operator without any problems, but calling anyone in another network will be problematic, especially during peak hours.

As for who to blame, the trunks are under the supervision of the networks involved, so any expansion is up to both parties. Of course, with the low rates (and thus low income) I don't see much reason why they would be willing to expand the capacity.

So is it worth changing from orange to 1-2 call or will the same problems arise?

It's just a matter of the various operators (notably Orange and DTAC) competing for customers with ultra-low rates.  This leads to more people calling for longer periods of time... and the inter-operator trunks aren't big enough to handle the traffic.  This is why you can call (in BKK) people in your own network/operator without any problems, but calling anyone in another network will be problematic, especially during peak hours.

As for who to blame, the trunks are under the supervision of the networks involved, so any expansion is up to both parties.  Of course, with the low rates (and thus low income) I don't see much reason why they would be willing to expand the capacity.

It pretty much depends. Since the problem is with the inter-network trunks, your same-network calls will have no problems. So what network do your friends use? Get that one.

However, since AIS (1-2-call) has the biggest market share, the number of outgoing calls from AIS's network to another network is not as much as the other way around. Therefore, there's much less chance that you would get a busy signal if you were using AIS to call another network. However, when your friends call you from another network, they won't be able to reach you. So it's still a matter of "get the same network used by the people you call".

Pretty much the same experience.

I use AIS (subscription) and mostly can call Dtac or Orange. If I get "network busy" the first try, normally it'll work on the second try.

However, Dtac or Orange users trying to reach me during peak hours sometimes have to try tens of times, or just go out and find a payphone!

And after following this ongoing thing in the news, it seems that ToT is mainly reluctant to expand,since all internetwork traffic goes through ToT trunks, and TOT receives a percentage from the network operators' revenue for this traffic.

This percentage of revenue is reduced however, due to the promotional campaigns all networks are offering at the moment.

So it is ToT not wanting to expand, and the operators not wanting to give a higher percentage fromlower revenues....

It also seems that SMS messages are frequently not delivered.

My girlfriend is using 1 2 Call and I am using DTAC; it seems, particularly at weekends, that some messages she sends me simply disappear. I do not receive them and she receives no indication that they have not been sent.

Patrick

It also seems that SMS messages are frequently not delivered.

My girlfriend is using 1 2 Call and I am using DTAC; it seems, particularly at weekends, that some messages she sends me simply disappear. I do not receive them and she receives no indication that they have not been sent.

Patrick

I'm using DTAC and haven't received any SMS's from the UK for the past few weeks. Getting to be a bit of a bind, but still not willing to surrender to AIS.

Systems overload.

I had a cheap DTAC sim Bt 199 special (only in town for 10 days)and although connections to other D-Ts were all OK calls to Orange and others were almost useless. :o

Was told later simply overloaded.....

As has been mentioned earlier the system is trying to handle too many calls for the capacity of the trunk lines.

The problem is that it costs money and time to expand the network and while the operators have money they network planners are at the mercy of the sales teams who are expected to sell more mobiles and air time to increase revenue.

This overloads the system and the engineers are playing catch up all of the time and it never works.

I have been in the mobile phone industry for 18 years and if you plan for 50% expansion over a couple of years the bean counters scream that you are spending what you havent got and if you dont expand you die as the customers go elsewhere and the beanies then complain of falling revenue.

For mobile systems such as Thailand you are lucky as there is a large choice of providers at a low price so you can hop around.

When you are stuck with one or two you have no choice.

I am in Pakistan and I call my wife on DTAC out in the sticks and I generally get through first or second time.

i have DTAC and have to call a minimum of 5 times to my boyfriend, because i get a busy signal, even when he is sitting right next to me and i know he is not busy. funny thing is though, i have the same problem when calling from my land line at home. maybe it's his phone- 1-2-call?