New Animal Shelter Lake Mabprachan?

JerryO

I read in one of the Pattaya newspapers there is a new "Canine Sanctuary" in Lake Mabprachan. But the article didn't give any address, directions, contact info. Does anyone know where it is, with good directions how to get there? Would love to help support something like this.

Its owned by a very good friends of mine Derek and Malee. It has been there 4 years, and is to be found in Tambon Pong, about 100 metres from Mulligans Bar. He has around 80 dogs and a few cats, all very well cared for , all strays who would have otherwise most likely died. Some really beautiful animals and potential pets there.

They are a lovley couple and Im sure any donations would be great appreciated. His vets bill alone frightens the hel_l out of me !!

numbers 0895057021 and 0810021957

Edited by Rimmer
Sorry I got to take out the email, forum rules RIMMER

worthy cause, i have been a few times, really nice couple. glad he got the publicity his spending is about 60,000 baht per month. he has been doing it for a while just does not seem to get any help. i am really suprised Pattaya does not seem to have a good rescue center or free neutering service. he has 3 dogs going or probably gone now to Germany. worth a vist for Malees rice pudding. the place is spot less, tremendous hard work.

Its owned by a very good friends of mine Derek and Malee. It has been there 4 years, and is to be found in Tambon Pong, about 100 metres from Mulligans Bar. He has around 80 dogs and a few cats, all very well cared for , all strays who would have otherwise most likely died. Some really beautiful animals and potential pets there.

They are a lovley couple and Im sure any donations would be great appreciated. His vets bill alone frightens the hel_l out of me !!

numbers 0895057021 and 0810021957

I would love to go... can you be a little more specific about where Mulligan's Bar is? thanks..

worthy cause, i have been a few times, really nice couple. glad he got the publicity his spending is about 60,000 baht per month. he has been doing it for a while just does not seem to get any help. i am really suprised Pattaya does not seem to have a good rescue center or free neutering service. he has 3 dogs going or probably gone now to Germany. worth a vist for Malees rice pudding. the place is spot less, tremendous hard work.

The figure is more THB 150,000.- per month.

It is not just the vet bills or the food, they also employ people for the care, cleaning and walking the dogs everyday. Recently they also build another 50 kennels.

There are now almost a hundred dogs and they could do with any help that you can offer (money, food or take a dog).

I added some Google Earth photos with Mulligans and the sanctuary on it.

post-43659-1272795650_thumb.jpg

post-43659-1272795703_thumb.jpg

Edited by ErikD

I know a moderator whose wife runs a private cat shelter... :)

I wonder who that could be :D

Pffffff

As of last count I think Rimmer has a bigger feline family :D

My better half is down to 8 as one died of old age.....

Pffffff

Take them to the dog sanctuary and watch the fun. Cut down on food bills. :D (CP ducks for cover, could do with a good duck dinner.)

Pffffff

Moderators like cats, we got ten :D

guess I have to do some catching up with our measly population of 4 cats only...

@ Chaang parp: It is also good fun inviting naughty posters to a visit at the crocodile farm... :)

• 1 month later...

I finally made it to the Canine Sanctuary. If you're a dog lover, please go out and have a tour. There is no plea or obligation to make a donation, but it seems like the couple are paying almost all costs themselves. They have about 100 dogs, and i think 6 cats. In this part of thailand, there aren't many places like this, probably no other, certainly that I know of. Not difficult to find, if using the photos in this thread above, just look for Mulligan's Bar, on Lake Mabprachan.

And thank you to the nice person that posted those photos!

Jack is the latest resident, 1 and half years old half rotweiler and maybe retreiver. has all his jabs and neutered, owner gone back to home country and well just dumped him. we picked him last week, lovely friendly dog

post-53164-063701500 1277229281_thumb.jp

Jack is the latest resident, 1 and half years old half rotweiler and maybe retreiver. has all his jabs and neutered, owner gone back to home country and well just dumped him. we picked him last week, lovely friendly dog

Gorgeous dog, may have to make a visit myself as we are looking for a new member of the family.

That is a beautiful dog... they have lots of beauties there, and quite a few healing on their way back to health. I strongly encourage people that recognize the dog overpopulation problem around Pattaya, and love dogs, to go and make a no-obligation visit. And the 100 dogs there seem to love when a visitor arrives, and you will be greeted with lots of affection.

For directions, just go to the turnoff where Mulligan's Bar is on Lake Mapbrachan (see photos in earlier post), the road curves around to the right, and you make a LEFT TURN at the first soi, and it's I think the second building in, with the blue sign on the gate "Canine Sanctuary". Very easy to find.

my house is just round there on top of the hill. I will definitely take an interest in the centre when next in town and see what I can do to help. Thanks for the Information.

Edited by Rimmer
Unnecessary profanity edited

• 9 years later...