U Hotel Kanchanaburi

mca

I recently stayed at U hotel in Chuang Mai and thoroughly enjoyed it. From their website I see they're opening one in Kanchanaburi later in the year. I've been to Kan once and stayed at the Felix. Has anybody seen the U hotel being built (I think it's a renovation of an existing property) and can tell me where it is and what it's starting to look like as I fancy taking the family down there later in the year. I do know it's on the river somewhere if that helps.

Cheers.

Dear MCA,

The guest experience there will turn out to be very soft, warm and caring. I say that because I will be doing the re-opening training in September or October. I did the opening training at the U-Hotel Chiang Mai, also focusing on the heart of the staff.

There's been some staff turnover in the Chiang Mai hotel since it opened, but there will be some training follow-up there once the Red Shirts allow the tourism industry to recover.

I have no idea what the hotel will be like physically, but the guest experience will be a very enjoyable experience. I've helped 4 hotels to be chosen "Best in the World", so creating the same feelings in such a small one won't be hard. But it all depends on getting the leaders to carry out all the follow-up, deepening activities. If they do, the hotel will be wonderful for years to come. That's partly why some hotels become the best of the best.

My warmest regards,

Peter (McAlpine)

Edited by KhaoLaem

Must be closed cos you can't book a room online. I'd like to give them a try when I visit if they've reopened. Stayed at the Felix before but like quite a number of places in Thailand it was starting to look a bit "tired"

Must be closed cos you can't book a room online. I'd like to give them a try when I visit if they've reopened. Stayed at the Felix before but like quite a number of places in Thailand it was starting to look a bit "tired"

Have gone past the place a few times when on the river, looks quite nice - but obviously closed. Didn't look like anything going on there, when I went past last weekend.

Inchantree resort is open for business until the 30th May 2010. It will then close for refurbishment. They can be contacted on 034-624914.

mca if your looking for something a 'bit upmarket' try out the new Dheva Mantra.

Entrance located just up the road from the Felix. Brand new 5 star resort+spa, opened a couple of months ago. No 'tiredness' here. :)

Rooms start at 3,790Baht (Superior Garden View 52 Sq.m) upto 32,133Baht (Presidential Suite 232 Sq.m) These are discount prices, not sure when the offer ends.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Boycie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

U Inchantree Kanchanaburi boutique resort is getting international reviews six months before their planned opening date.clap2.gif

Melbourne Observer review Wednesday April 21st 2010.

melbourne paper.pdf

Boycie

Hi Boycie,

If they do open in Mid October 2010 I wish them luck. I drive by there each and every week-end and it looks from the road-side like a great big tip, with no care nor attention to locals that travel down this very small road, muddy road that they leave... etc....

I really hope they finish this very, very soon.

Sawadee from Kan :wai:

• 1 month later...

U Inchantree Kanchanaburi boutique resort is getting international reviews six months before their planned opening date.clap2.gif

Melbourne Observer review Wednesday April 21st 2010.

melbourne paper.pdf

Boycie

Hi Boycie,

If they do open in Mid October 2010 I wish them luck. I drive by there each and every week-end and it looks from the road-side like a great big tip, with no care nor attention to locals that travel down this very small road, muddy road that they leave... etc....

I really hope they finish this very, very soon.

Sawadee from Kan :wai:

Will anyone stop by and check it out and make some pics?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Will anyone stop by and check it out and make some pics?

Open now

post-3770-0-05771500-1291126884_thumb.jp

The Colonel an Amateur Photographer

Kanchanaburi Win

:wai:

Thanks - planning to come with Wifey and little Kane end of July will check it out and post unless someone beats me to it ....... B)B)