McDonalds Silom Center Bombed

webfact

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've invaded a hospital, messed with TV signals at Thaicom, blocked highways, stopped public transit, frightened sick women and children, threatened arson, committed terrorism, kidnapped people, taunted police, closed shopping malls, canceled Songkran, ruined the tourism industry, poured blood on the streets, stolen bodies, barricaded public roads, cost thousands of people their jobs, broken numerous laws, intimidated politicians, harassed citizens, fought the army, and threatened to send Thailand into a downward spiral of civil war that could tear the nation apart for decades to come.........

But McDonald's. You've gone too far, you've supersized our anger now!

OK for you Yanks to get angst at one Macs store being bombed.

You have heaps more to go to.

Where do us Aussies find a decent lamb roast in the whole of Thailand?

They've invaded a hospital, messed with TV signals at Thaicom, blocked highways, stopped public transit, frightened sick women and children, threatened arson, committed terrorism, kidnapped people, taunted police, closed shopping malls, canceled Songkran, ruined the tourism industry, poured blood on the streets, stolen bodies, barricaded public roads, cost thousands of people their jobs, broken numerous laws, intimidated politicians, harassed citizens, fought the army, and threatened to send Thailand into a downward spiral of civil war that could tear the nation apart for decades to come.........

OK for you Yanks to get angst at one Macs store being bombed.

You have heaps more to go to.

Where do us Aussies find a decent lamb roast in the whole of Thailand?

WHAT?!?!? They don't have one at the Outback???

THE NATION: (17.42) Seh Daeng: Thaksin phoned me and told me to allow access to #Chula hospital (Rajdamri). - via NNA # fb

For all you red apologists who say this is not about Thaksin. Read it and weep. Stupid is as stupid does. This guy has given himself away but is too stupid to realize it.

He has his coming. Apparently Thai authorities confirmed his bad health. Karma will serve him. So much for the Buddha concept of being good and being benevolent in this lifetime. What he's done so far has his next life destined to be a 3 legged buffalo.

THE NATION: (17.42) Seh Daeng: Thaksin phoned me and told me to allow access to #Chula hospital (Rajdamri). - via NNA # fb

For all you red apologists who say this is not about Thaksin. Read it and weep. Stupid is as stupid does. This guy has given himself away but is too stupid to realize it.

He has his coming. Apparently Thai authorities confirmed his bad health. Karma will serve him. So much for the Buddha concept of being good and being benevolent in this lifetime. What he's done so far has his next life destined to be a 3 legged buffalo.

:) 3 legged slow, no lean close to the bone meat there. We'll have rich steaks and roasts and ribs blood red rare please

:) 3 legged slow, no lean close to the bone meat there. We'll have rich steaks and roasts and ribs blood red rare please

was it something I said? Didn't mean to barricade this thread.

:) Would that be for here or to take away? :D

It will be delivered and it will be swift, or else it will be free!

McDonalds Bombed topic: 19,584 served

Edited by Humungus

Thaksin & McDonalds are old friends.

It all starts here: http://www.thaipro.com/thailand_00/269_mcd...kok-burgers.htm

Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's youngest daughter, Paethongtan, will be bagging french fries and flipping burgers to earn some extra money before starting university next year. She will be paid about 25 baht (US$ 0.62 cents) per hour to work part-time at a McDonald fastfood outlet in Bangkok.

But now, things are turning a bit nasty: http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200705/s1933560.htm

A suitcase belonging to deposed Thai premier Thaksin Shinawatra containing thousands of dollars and his passport has been stolen from a McDonald's restaurant in Moscow.

Not to be outdone in the 'fastfood' business, Mr T is now a name on everyone's lips:

http://superfinefeline.blogspot.com/2008/0...-singapore.html

post-22191-1272718596_thumb.jpg

Remember this is the McD's used by red shirt leaders.

Who might want to bomb it ?

Team Yellow ?

Posting lies is not allowed on this forum.

Please back up your statement that the McD-restaurant in question would be some for of designated eating-place for the Red Shirt leaders.

I second that.

I believe he is having a time out for 'reflection'...

Apologies to the Nation, then, and frowns upon the House of Tan. This is truly a BS story - anybody can go look for themselves if they don't believe me.

What's the location if the McDonalds you walked past today ?

There's at least 3 McDonalds in Silom - sure you didn't spot the wrong one ? You did mention you'd walked past 'the' Silom McDonalds - but there are several.

Edited by pedro01

If Thailand handed over all power to McDonald "Golden Arches of Evil" Corporation the red shirts would be on their way home and sweeping the streets clean on the wayout, only problem they make Thaksin look honest in comparraison.

Dead man talking

Not for a second do I believe that Thaksin called him

He was told to take barricade down

Only way Seh Daeng could save face was to say

"Thaksin told me to take it down"

Dead man talking

Not for a second do I believe that Thaksin called him

He was told to take barricade down

Only way Seh Daeng could save face was to say

"Thaksin told me to take it down"

So, in trying to save face, Sae Daeng has told people that Thaksin is giving the orders.

Looks bad either way.

Apologies to the Nation, then, and frowns upon the House of Tan. This is truly a BS story - anybody can go look for themselves if they don't believe me.

There's at least 3 McDonalds in Silom - sure you didn't spot the wrong one ? You did mention you'd walked past 'the' Silom McDonalds - but there are several.

I'm sure McDonalds had things cleaned up and new glass in by mid morning. Looking like the victim of terrorism doesn't make selling double fillet o fish any easier.

For Chr*st's sake- was a MacDonald's bombed last night or wasn't it? This 'news' was published as an 'update' on this forum - surely there has to be some credence to the story. The first victim of war is truth- we all know that- but this is getting ridiculous. Please, somebody- either verify this story (phone the cops- phone MacDonalds- something!) or retract it. We do 'know' (informed again, by live updates) that there was a standoff developing last night between anti-reds and reds. The antireds tend to use Silom Plaza as a gathering point. (far enough away from the barricades to be safe from hurled/fired objects- yet close enough for a 'charge')- but this harrowing piece of information was never followed up. Perhaps- this was in some way related- perhaps it never happened- perhaps there was no standoff developing between the reds and anti-reds last night- perhaps there are no barricades in Bangkok- perhaps perhaps perhaps... somebody has got to get on the goddamned ball here..

What I want to know is where they got that pingpong ball....

Well they are one 'pingpong ball'-throw away from Patpong.

and we all know what they use ping pong balls for in Patpong.. :)

For Chr*st's sake- was a MacDonald's bombed last night or wasn't it? This 'news' was published as an 'update' on this forum - surely there has to be some credence to the story. The first victim of war is truth- we all know that- but this is getting ridiculous. Please, somebody- either verify this story (phone the cops- phone MacDonalds- something!) or retract it. We do 'know' (informed again, by live updates) that there was a standoff developing last night between anti-reds and reds. The antireds tend to use Silom Plaza as a gathering point. (far enough away from the barricades to be safe from hurled/fired objects- yet close enough for a 'charge')- but this harrowing piece of information was never followed up. Perhaps- this was in some way related- perhaps it never happened- perhaps there was no standoff developing between the reds and anti-reds last night- perhaps there are no barricades in Bangkok- perhaps perhaps perhaps... somebody has got to get on the goddamned ball here..

Before you go out in a blaze of glory, or cardiac arrest, take a chill pill and wind down. Sobai sobai

In the meantime, I'll make some phone calls and get someone on the goddamned ping pong ball here.

Edited by featography

No one has seen (or posted about seeing) any verification of this. A walk by was also inconclusive.

I would take the report with a pinch of salt ... or a whole handful if you're having a McD burger.

Before you go out in a blaze of glory, or cardiac arrest, take a chill pill and wind down. Sobai sobai

In the meantime, I'll make some phone calls and get someone on the goddamned ping pong ball here.

Hate acronyms- especially this one- but--- ROTFLMAO (did I get that right?)

Anyway - the live updates have improved markably since my (embarassingly hotheaded) previous post- now I know that "traffic is at its worst in Hua Hin due to long hols and a jazz concert. via js100 radio"

Oh god- there goes the old blood pressure again...

Edited by blaze

No one has seen (or posted about seeing) any verification of this. A walk by was also inconclusive.

I would take the report with a pinch of salt ... or a whole handful if you're having a McD burger.

If you add salt to a McD Burger it will collapse into a mini black hole and rip the very fabric of space time. Seriously.

...somebody has got to get on the goddamned ball here.

If there was such thing as 'god', I'm sure it wouldn't waste it's time 'damning' a ball. Besides, who would want to on one of these 'damned' balls?

Sorry...couldn't help myself. :)

I find all this nonsense rather banal but it's good for wasting a few hours anyway.

If someone wanted to send a clear message they didn't like what they got in their value meal deal.....a bigger bomb would have been used. All this fuss over a Ping Pong Bomb, cum on folks!

As long as they donot shoot darts at balloons, saw a guy take one in the hand at Soi Cowboy about a wek ago.

Talked to the girlfriend yesterday and she just can't believe these people want to hurt Thailand so much and the fact they are Thai hurts her even more.

I'm sure McDonalds had things cleaned up and new glass in by mid morning. Looking like the victim of terrorism doesn't make selling double fillet o fish any easier.

Look guys, I walk past the red barricade twice a day everyday. I often go into the Starbucks or the Mac that are under what used to be 'Robinsons'. I go in both I know the staff by sight. Today about midday I walked past that Macs, the usual staff were in there doing the usual stuff. Customers were in there pointing cameras out of the windows.

If it had been 'bombed' it would have been closed down. Even if the windows had only been put out by an external blast, they would have been boarded up out of safety for further attacks, not replaced with nice new glass ready to be broken again. BTW, there was no new glass. For those that don't know, this Mac is fronted by four or five 2metre tall by 2metre wide panes (which I doubt you wouldbe able to replace at a few hours notice, too). It's a huge glass frontage looking straight out at the red barricade and Chula hospital. Those panes were all dirty as hel_l and not one of them had been broken. There was no damage to anything. Bear in mind I had read this report before I went out, so I gave the place a good look as I went past. Of course, had I been a reporter I would have gone in and asked any of the faces I know if they'd been bombed and got the scoop first hand; alas, I didn't - it seemed so obviously false as to be not worth the effort.

Slap me for jumping to conclusions based on visual evidence, but 'being bombed' means some kind of structural damage to me. There was none. My guess is some reporter with nothing to write home about woke himself up with a fart and found he had something to wire to the editor. :)

As I said b4 - don't trust me, go and LOOK! (ther's nothing to see!)

Edited by dobadoy

McDonald's. You've gone too far, you've supersized our anger now!
:)

few more bombs and bullets and that nice ocean front condo could be mine........

nothing happen in Pattaya, no parking space, because toooooo full

and in the morning no place in the Foodland , full, full, full

WHY the red shirt not make a demo in some tourist place ? Kao Sun Road ? Walking street Pattaya ?

Look guys, I walk past the red barricade twice a day everyday. I often go into the Starbucks or the Mac that are under what used to be 'Robinsons'. I go in both I know the staff by sight. Today about midday I walked past that Macs, the usual staff were in there doing the usual stuff. Customers were in there pointing cameras out of the windows.

If it had been 'bombed' it would have been closed down. Even if the windows had only been put out by an external blast, they would have been boarded up out of safety for further attacks, not replaced with nice new glass ready to be broken again. BTW, there was no new glass. For those that don't know, this Mac is fronted by four or five 2metre tall by 2metre wide panes (which I doubt you wouldbe able to replace at a few hours notice, too). It's a huge glass frontage looking straight out at the red barricade and Chula hospital. Those panes were all dirty as hel_l and not one of them had been broken. There was no damage to anything. Bear in mind I had read this report before I went out, so I gave the place a good look as I went past. Of course, had I been a reporter I would have gone in and asked any of the faces I know if they'd been bombed and got the scoop first hand; alas, I didn't - it seemed so obviously false as to be not worth the effort.

Slap me for jumping to conclusions based on visual evidence, but 'being bombed' means some kind of structural damage to me. There was none. My guess is some reporter with nothing to write home about woke himself up with a fart and found he had something to wire to the editor. :)

Now what will "levelhead" et al have to complain about...spoilsport! :D

Slap me for jumping to conclusions based on visual evidence, but 'being bombed' means some kind of structural damage to me. There was none. My guess is some reporter with nothing to write home about woke himself up with a fart and found he had something to wire to the editor. :D

Now what will "levelhead" et al have to complain about...spoilsport! :D

There you are TPI...I've fixed your quotes for you :)