Uk Tourist Visa,but Gf Doesn`t Work

Hi me and my girlfriend are currently preparing the tourist visa application,got together all the most important documents that seem to be what they are looking for,one major issue is that my girlfriend resigned from work a while back and is currently looking for new employment, so she cannot get any letter from her boss etc etc.should this be a problem?

any ideas? someone told me she should just say that she lives and takes care of her mum at home.

Thanks

Neil

Conversely, the very fact that she is between jobs is a perfect time to go abroad and an argument could be constructed on that basis. If the guy were paying for everything, then her rather limited salary would hardly be the great incentive to go back in the first place.

As you cannot hide the fact that she does not work (you don't have a substitute employer to help out), then I'd go with the regular ties which are unchanged by this period of unemployment and use the time between now and some future event (birthday, anniversary etc.) to go to the UK. It is also summer in the UK which is another reason why you wish to go now.

The other factors will be more important. I could write her a slip which states she works for me but so could anyone with an address, a telephone and a modicum of intelligence.

compelling factors that the applicant will return to Thailand are what the (western embassies) are looking at.

1) employment, present or past (must have records and pay stub, tax documents)

2) house ownership will greatly help

3) relationship with family, relative, etc

4) ownership of legit business with income and tax records

5) education background and diploma if avail

6) income; bank statements

7) purpose of trip

8) previous travel? have passport where did you go

If you can sponsor her stay and produce evidence of monies to pay for her then it shouldn't be a problem as they are mostly worried how she will support herself providing you meet the rest of the criteria ie(evidence of relationsip etc).

I would ensure you hae plenty of contact etc as you will need to demonstrate to the ECO that you have a strong bond between you both.

The fact she is unemployed is not a problem as long as you demonstrate the relationship is subsisting etc.

Length of relationship ?

Visits to Thailand ?

Correspondence etc ?

Travel history ?

Visitors Visa see here.

If you require any further help feel free to contact me.

previous work was king power duty free at suvunapoom airport,yeah we have all the most important documents,the umemlpoyment was just a thorn in her side that was worrying us both.

thanks for the help

Neil.

She might know my gf...as long as it isn't the sme girl :):D

RAZZ