Lerdsin Hospital, Silom - Enquiry For Gynaecology

ihightower

Does anyone has experience with Lerdsin Hospital, Silom and Gynaecology. Both me and my wife are non-thai Asians, and cannot speak Thai.

I have a limited Thai vocabulary.

I am planning to take my wife for regular checkup there as we plan for our next child and eventually for the child birth.

My queries are:

- Does English speakers use this hospital? Can non-thai speakers manage..?

- What are the typical opening times for Gynaecology, Floor, etc.? Are they available on Saturdays and Sundays..?

- Typical waiting times? Best time to visit to avoid the rush...

- Do you think they will be open tomorrow May 3rd to go for general enquiry / checkup and get a feel for the place..?

Previously we used Bangkok Christian Hospital, but we want to change to Lerdsin because it is more closer for us and for affordability.

Any information related to Lerdsin and Gynaecology will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by ihightower

Let me add my own reply, after visiting the Hospital yesterday Mon 3rd May 2010.

Does anyone has experience with Lerdsin Hospital, Silom and Gynaecology. Both me and my wife are non-thai Asians, and cannot speak Thai.

I have a limited Thai vocabulary.

I am planning to take my wife for regular checkup there as we plan for our next child and eventually for the child birth.

My queries are:

- Does English speakers use this hospital? Can non-thai speakers manage..?

Yes.. non thai speakers can manage.. as there wasan information counter staff who speaks moderate English.. all the other staff could speak slight english.. Certainly, a few Thai vocab in our part helps greatly.

Did registration at the counter... and the whole process took less than 15 minutes.

- What are the typical opening times for Gynaecology, Floor, etc.? Are they available on Saturdays and Sundays..?

They are open on Mon - Fri (for outpatient department). Not on Sat/Sun. Public Holiday should be ok too I think. Typical times are for obstetrics/gynecology are 08:00 - 12:00 (or 09:00 - 13:00 am not sure).

Gyne/Obst is in First Floor.. Room 104/105.

You should use the main entrance from Silom Road. There are parking at the back.. and you could do drop in Silom Road Entrance.

Some other observations in 1st Floor..

- Pharmacy

- Obstetrics/Gynecology

- Xray

- Ultrasound

- Computer Tomography (CT Scan)

- Social Security

- Registration/Information

- Laboratory

- and some more.

Canteen is in the backside.

- Typical waiting times? Best time to visit to avoid the rush...

Around 30 minutes of waiting, I guess. This waiting time was observed on a Mon at around 11:30am.

- Do you think they will be open tomorrow May 3rd to go for general enquiry / checkup and get a feel for the place..?

Yes. They were open for everything although it was a public holiday.. But, it is a Monday. We managed to complete the whole registration, doctor checkup, etc. within 60 minutes.

Previously we used Bangkok Christian Hospital, but we want to change to Lerdsin because it is more closer for us and for affordability.

Cost for Pap Smear Test, some cervical cancer test and General Gynecology Checkup, inclusive of everything was THB200.

They have asked us to come back in 2 weeks for followup.

Any more information from other users will be highly appreciated.

Any information related to Lerdsin and Gynaecology will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited by ihightower