How Long To Wait And Get A Thai Passport

malct

Hi all

with the troubles in thailand at the moment, i was thinking about going to Hong kong or somewhere that i dont need to fly into thailand.

Thats Ok but i would like my thai GF to join me, the only trouble is, she is living in Yasothon and i am not sure how long it takes for my girlfriend to get a new passport or the Cost of a passport.

She has 3 months left on her passport.

She came to the UK last year and we will be trying for a visa for next year, so we didn't think there would be any rush to get a new passport.

I welcome any help or advice.

any luck thailand will be sorted be the 23rd May and then i can fly to bangkok.

Malc

You can get a Thai passport in about 3 to 5 days at the office on Chaengwattana

If you plan on spending time with her in Yasothorn you don't have much to worry about anyway.

Edited by Humungus

There is also a Thai passport office at the CENTRAL/BANG NA shopping mall, on the 5th floor of the parking garage, a freestanding office trimmed in blue lights. They stop taking applications at 3pm.

If she has a new style ID card, that's all she'll need but it's always a good idea to bring along the "Tabian Ban" (house paper)

She won't need to bring a photo, they do it there.

Mrs Shreddie just renewed her passport at the provincial office in Khon Kaen. We were at the office for about half an hour. They sent the paperwork off to Bangers for processing. New passport was back with us within about 10 days, returned using thai registered mail.

There are other threads with details of the provinicial offices where you can renew a Thai passport.