2 Trips In 2 Months

I am flying in to LOS early June for about 20 days. And then again around August 1st for 3 months. I will be applying for a 60day TR for August with the 30 day extension.

The June trip I was just going to be a land at BKK and get the 30 day exclusion Visa.

Is this the best way or is there another?

As long as you have an outbound ticket within 30 days the visa exempt entry should be fine.

Thank you. I was just curious if a multi-entry would be better. Because I really do not understand the multiple entry stuff. I mean who can book two entry flights within a six month period on a regular basis (even though I am flying in in June and August). See my confusion, I just don't get it yet.

There is no such thing as a multi entry tourist visa - you either get one entry or two or three entry.

You arrive in June for 20 days so have a ticket for those flights and no visa is required as you will use visa exempt entry allowing up to 30 day stay. Being from Oz you are allowed this type of entry.

For your longer trip a tourist visa would be good.

You might have an option at Perth to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa to visit your friend (from other posts) but if only the above two trips planned in the next 12 months it would not be worthwhile/cost effective for most people.

There is no such thing as a multi entry tourist visa - you either get one entry or two or three entry.

You arrive in June for 20 days so have a ticket for those flights and no visa is required as you will use visa exempt entry allowing up to 30 day stay. Being from Oz you are allowed this type of entry.

For your longer trip a tourist visa would be good.

You might have an option at Perth to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa to visit your friend (from other posts) but if only the above two trips planned in the next 12 months it would not be worthwhile/cost effective for most people.

Thanks. I understand the 30 day stuff. I got a bit confused with the one, two or three entry. Thought this was the same as a multi entry.

I will do the 30 day thingo, then do the single entry 60 day in August. No need to complicate something so easy.

use a 30day for the June visit and a single entry non immigrant O visa for the August visit, that would give you 90days on entry without having to pay for a 30day extension on a 60day tourist visa, but having said that the 60day tourist visa should be free.