Dstv Starting Shutdown Of Cband Already?

Phil Conners

Starting tonight about half of my channels now come up with a "Service could not be found". It seems completely random, i.e. some sports, movie and news channels work fine, others give this message and remain black.

Anyone else noticed this?

Yes same here - channels slowly disappearing. I have been switching back to Multichoice now and then to see if the service has returned. I did some manual searches and fiddled a bit, but didn't want to spend too much time on it as its gone next week anyway.

Its Sky News I will miss this week as the election coverage is very good.

Bye Bye Multichoice - you will be sorely missed :)

I also got the same thing. SS1-2 was ok along with several others but many went away. I plan to talk with my supplier this morning.

Talking to your supplier is not going to help, Multichoice will disappear completely as they are now transmitting on a new satellite which gives them full coverage over the African continent. Hence them shutting down transmissions on the satellite you are using now.

The other satellites they are transmitting on are not receivable in Thailand...

For the techies, they will only transmit on the Eutelsat W4 (African Beam) and the W7 (South African Beam)

Transmissions on the Intelsat 10 will be shut down...

As said above, they are still all there DSTV just changed it settings yesterday .. and there is how to get them all back on this link

I followed the instructions on that page and although everything went as it should (no errors or anything) it ended up not finding any new channels anyway.

//Edit: actually re-reading the page it says to wait for the LOCK and SYNC boxes to get ticked. That doesn't happen here. Could my dish be out of alignment? The channels I still have are all 100%, if it was out of alignment wouldn't they be patchy?

Edited by Phil Conners

As said above, they are still all there DSTV just changed it settings yesterday .. and there is how to get them all back on this link

Jonki - you are a star - I did as your link suggested and I have Sky back... I think the other channels are there as well - but did not check before I came to say thanks.

So thanks

:)

edit: Phil mine said that as well - then suddenly starting working - odd....

Edited by dsfbrit

It would seem, they are only sending signals for the channels that any local network might send. I have TMN, which shows the channels that are still being broadcast, SS1,SS2, BBC World, MM1 etc

Just done a rescan, found 12 new channels, and 4 new radio, now everything is working again :)

did not change any frequencies

Only the symbolic rate changed, so that is why you do not change the frequency.

Do a manual scan for frequencies 3836 and 3863

Change the symbol rate to 22500

Will this fix work for a genuine MC smartcard or is it only for *copies* or Dreambox owners?

Ive had a real card fro 7 years now and am very p'off to lose it.

FYI I received a message on my screen from MC stating May 31st is the date of an*interuption* of service (NOT the word* loss*!!! )I wonder if this means they might reactivate the C Band service after the World Cup?

One can only hope, but I am contacting my SAfrica supplier for details and will post here any answers.

Worked first time. Thanks

Question. Channel 111 is Sports HD - should i be able to get this through a dreambox, or would i need a special box from true ?

True ? We are talking DSTV in this thread, but to answer your question no, as True have paired their card to their set top box for HD and a matter of time before they do the rest.

DTSV have started today, on screen TV adverts saying the C Band service will cease on 31st MAY 2010.

So anybody got any ideas as to what we could possibly 'retune' our systems/dishes to when we get cut off. Can't stand the thought of having to watch that UBC crap again. Would really like to get the BBC channels if at all possible.

DTSV have started today, on screen TV adverts saying the C Band service will cease on 31st MAY 2010.

Now that is interesting. I am getting DSTV in China but not using a smart card and I dont have a monthly subscription, just a one off payment and I have seen no such adverts on screen here, I wonder if its your supplier who is inserting the messages

Now that is interesting. I am getting DSTV in China but not using a smart card and I dont have a monthly subscription, just a one off payment and I have seen no such adverts on screen here, I wonder if its your supplier who is inserting the messages

well we will just have until 31st May to see what happens. I have not seen adverts either

It was an advert from DSTV on DSTV SS5 during the F1 practise, so yes as DSTV is my provider it was done by them not by someone else. I have also seen it on the Universal channel today.