Kindergarten Sleeping Hours

iainiain101

Well the school break is over, and my 3 year old is back to kindergarten. During the holiday she will have 1/2 an hour to an hours sleep during the day, and then happily go to sleep around 8 pm for 11 to 12 hours.

But now that we are back at school, she attends a Thai school, Varee, they try to get all the kids to sleep for 2 hours every afternoon. This seems to work fine for Thai kids, but when you have Western / Thai parents this is just too long and you can not get them to sleep early in the evening. I have heard this critism from other western parents as well.

My questions are, is it only at Varee they have this 2 hour sleep time?

Do International Kidergartens have more western sleep paterns? If so which ones?

Thanks

Iain

At my daughter's K/G they got 1 hour a day. Seem's to me 2 hour's is a bit long, could be the staff just want it easy. At one of our local school's the kid's look at TV for three hour's in the afternoon. But It's cheap, so maybe it's you pay's your money ect.

At my daughter's K/G they got 1 hour a day. Seem's to me 2 hour's is a bit long, could be the staff just want it easy. At one of our local school's the kid's look at TV for three hour's in the afternoon. But It's cheap, so maybe it's you pay's your money ect.

They have the kids watch TV for 3 hours in the afternoon??? <deleted>?

> They have the kids watch TV for 3 hours in the afternoon??? <deleted>?

Right. On good schools (international or not) they have a scheduled plan to actually teach the kids a thing or two. (Actually they learn remarkably a lot, even at a very young age like 2 years old. I noticed an amazing jump in her development after sending her to school, not to mention social skills with other kids/people, etc.

Seem's to me you might want to ask your daughter for some guidance on the use of apostrophe's.

In my son's school (international), the sleeping time (after lunch) for KG1 is from 11:50 to 14:00 (2 h 10 m), take a few minutes off for preparation, etc.

Lunch Time is 11:00 to 11:50.

And, my son (3.5 years old) gets to bed at around 9:30-10:00pm every day and wakes up at 6:30am (8 h 30m to 9h of sleep at home) and gets on the van at 6:50 am.

Edited by ihightower

Seem's to me you might want to ask your daughter for some guidance on the use of apostrophe's.

Sorry about that, but as English is not my first language I try my best. Maybe you should try mine and see how "you" get on. And alway's remember no one like's a smart arse.

In my son's school (international), the sleeping time (after lunch) for KG1 is from 11:50 to 14:00 (2 h 10 m), take a few minutes off for preparation, etc.

Lunch Time is 11:00 to 11:50.

And, my son (3.5 years old) gets to bed at around 9:30-10:00pm every day and wakes up at 6:30am (8 h 30m to 9h of sleep at home) and gets on the van at 6:50 am.

^ WOW..! That doesn't sound ideal.. Especially the bit where he gets in the van at 6:50AM! That's like Bangkok-style craziness in getting kids to school.. And of course two hours sleep is very long, but perhaps understandable if he gets up at 6:30am.. Does he have breakfast in school?

Personally, I don't really like the idea of any van / van driver, though I'm sure there are great ones around. Still there's an inherent added risk from doing a grand tour to pick up other kids. Fortunately the school is a 5 minute drive for me, so we typically leave the house at 8:30 on my way to work. (Or in her words, "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy..", which has GOT to be the most Un-Thai phrase I ever heard, and from my own daughter no less. :)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

As indeed you might yourself. Your final use of the word apostrophe, should not have an apostrophe in it!