Stv

allane

I am considering moving in to an apartment in Bkk. The management told me it has STV, which is a service provided by satelite dish I believe. When I asked them, they said it has some English language channels, but I didn't like to trouble them, or other tenants, for an exact listing of the channels. I googled it, but found nothing. Can anyone help, with either a listing of the channels, or a means by which I may contact the company ?

Moderators: I don't know if STV is available throughout Thailand ? If it is, this topic may receive more replies if posted in the "General Topics" forum.

STV is a cable service offered to condos. It's very cheap but not very good. The only thing really worth having is BBC World. There are some sports channels with obscure sporting events from several years back, like beach vollyeball, a few movie channels with crap old stuff, and some foreign language channels. There is no receiver box so no on-screen info and no magazine that i know about, so might be difficult to plan your viewing too, should you bother.

Oh and one more thing, quality of the picture is very poor on some channels as well.

Edited by rixalex

STV is a cable service offered to condos. It's very cheap but not very good. The only thing really worth having is BBC World. There are some sports channels with obscure sporting events from several years back, like beach vollyeball, a few movie channels with crap old stuff, and some foreign language channels. There is no receiver box so no on-screen info and no magazine that i know about, so might be difficult to plan your viewing too, should you bother.

Oh and one more thing, quality of the picture is very poor on some channels as well.

So what you are saying Rix it's like True but without the Football? :)

So what you are saying Rix it's like True but without the Football? :)

Mate, if you swapped True for STV for a day, you would on your hands and knees begging to swap back again! It's truly appaling! But then STV for a year is less than True for a month. You pays your money...

I do appreciate the reply. Do you know how I could contact the company, or where I could get a list of the channels which STV includes ?

I do appreciate the reply. Do you know how I could contact the company, or where I could get a list of the channels which STV includes ?

http://www.asatellite.com/channel/index.php Maybe Rix can verify this list?

http://www.asatellite.com/channel/index.php Maybe Rix can verify this list?

I can't verify it right now, but the channel listing does seem quite familiar (although no BBC that i can see). I have it connected at a property i rent out so don't have access to watch it myself often (thank goodness). Will try and dig out the subscription documents to get you a contact number allane.