App Store On Old Iphone

tlcwaterfall

There was no app store in the first firmware version, the app store came into being only in 2008, 1 year after the first iPhone shipped. So your friend might have an old software version that he never updated.

If you're jailbroken, upgrade to 3.1.2, Google for instructions or if it's too much let them do it at your local phone shop. Come to think of it a Rev. 1 iPhone only works Jailbroken, so be careful to upgrade to 3.1.2, and not 3.1.3 (the latest) or higher. Only 3.1.2 can be jailbroken/unlocked. Not sure whether or not a 1st gen iPhone would re-lock, but it might...

Actually if you don't know anything about jailbreaking / unlocking, I'd just take it to the local phone shop and have them do it.

Edited by nikster

He obviously has to update his firmware (iPhone software).

The App Store was added with version 2.0. If he doesn't have it, then he's been putting up with some pretty crappy iPhone software for a long time.

Plug it into iTunes and click Update.

Note, though, while he can get into the App store, all apps may not work totally with his old phone.

sunbelt.jpg

www.sunbeltasia.com

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Ahh ya forgot the appstore was added in a firmware update.

Well 3.1.3 is actually totally jailbreakable and unlockable for 2g MODELS. I have an origanl iphone sitting right here with firmware 3.1.3 and its jb and unlocked. The 3g is not capable of this yet, only the 2g. Google it if you need to know how, took me 20 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
Ahh ya forgot the appstore was added in a firmware update.

Well 3.1.3 is actually totally jailbreakable and unlockable for 2g MODELS. I have an origanl iphone sitting right here with firmware 3.1.3 and its jb and unlocked. The 3g is not capable of this yet, only the 2g. Google it if you need to know how, took me 20 seconds.

Thanks for everyones help.