Broadband In Thailand

udon

They can tell availability by your telephone number.

I have tried this from a website somewhere - it could have been csloxinfo.com

You put in your telephone no. and code and it will tell you if available or not.

I am thinking about getting adsl, so would be interested to hear from anyone about where is best to apply, modems, ISP etc

Will probably stay with csloxinfo - does anyone in CM have experience with this and who is best to apply through. They seem to direct you to certain offices such as Media Magic who organise the ISP and telephone thing for you. Any comments on this gratefully received.

Things in the broadband arena are changing really fast.

When we visited Korat last October we couldn't find out anything about availability.

When we moved here in April we were able to get 256/128 from ISSP on a TT&T land line for 1500 baht per month.

We just switched to 512/256 service from MaxNet over TT&T for 750 baht per month. (This will be effective next month, so haven't tried it yet....)

We live about 10K west of central Korat.

One thing to remember is that ADSL requires a "modem" at both ends of the local loop, so availability depends on how many ports have actually been activated at the Central Office. Supply will follow demand.

• 2 weeks later...
:o I'm on the Cambodian border in Sa Kaeo 130 k's Southeast from Khorat. At the TT&T office in Sa Kaeo they told me that I can have ADSL for 790 a month and they will connect for me and be the ISP. It sounds like maxnet what other people have been saying. They have a 1000 baht connection fee and want deposit of 790 along with a modem sale of 1200. They said that only my town of Ta Phraya is wired for the service, but nobody uses it yet. Does it work well? Also, my brother will send me a Netgear ADSL modem soon from the States. Can anybody say if I am going in the right direction? Aslo whats better to connect to the USB port or 3com Ethernet III Lan card that I have installed already? I'm out here all alone without computer expertise. Thanks if you can say something to me. I'm at gmail. [email protected]

It appears that maybe I asked the wrong question :D

This might be a better one......

-------------------

If you have a good bband connection, where are you? (outside BKK)

I'm flexible where I base myself on rtn, but not in BKK. :o