Sergio Of Buonissimo And His New Wine Outlet

Rasseru

I have tried to do my homework on this, searching this forum and googling.

I get out-of-date information about the old Buonissimo, but nothing current.

I have read here about a friend of Sergio starting up an Italian restaurant near Thapae Gate, but that doesn't tell me where he, Sergio, or his wine outlet are. I heard from Sergio himself about six weeks ago that his wine outlet was going to be on a soi off Chang Klan Road, across from the Park Hotel and I have found someone else's confirmation of this on this forum, but I have gone twice now and looked all around the possible sois, without any luck.

I'd be grateful if someone could send me, in a private message, Sergio's telephone number. If you do not know it, but have other helpful information, I would be grateful for that too, here or in a private message.

I would also like to know where it is exactly and / or if it ever really opened...? I was given the same info by Sergio's friend at the Italian restaurant near Thapae Gate that it was on a soi off Chang Klan Road, across from the Park Hotel ... I also went all around twice and couldn't find it... Does anybody know if in fact he will reopen the wine and the cheese shop ...??

I'm not sure if the shop is finished yet but it is behind the old CD Supply building on Chang Klan Rd. The CD Supply bldg. is a tall stand alone shop house on the left as you are heading south after the entrance to Chiang Mai Land that has some stainless steel rolling doors. It is a tall bldg. with a cage on the top. Go down the soi on the south side of the bldg. Sergio's place is in the old CD warehouse.

Thank you, getgoin. I think I probably know, from my recent searches, the place you are talking about. If that is the case, then all I can conclude is that the shop is not yet open. I'll wait until I can get in touch with Sergio directly, before I try to look again.

I was there a couple of days ago and it is only partly finished. It looked like there was a lot to do. To find it look near the Park hotel on the opposite side of the road. At the top of one of the sois is a sign for a Tae kwan do place. This is the soi you want. Go down that soi and opposite the Tae kwan do is an old Warehouse, I think it used to stock beer. Anyway Buonissimo is in there. There wasn't much of a sign yet so it's not to easy to see.

Hope this is of help