Donar Kebab Same As Uk; Where To Find In Bkk

VictorMeldrewBKK

Donor kebab; where to find in BKK.

I'm looking for Donar kebab the same you get in the UK, the one where they carve slices of the stacked marinated slices of lean lamb meat mix being cooked by a side grill, not the Arabic chicken or beef ones, they're not the same.

I just heard the Robin Hood pub has started serving it but is it the same as in the UK, proper side grill etc. and has anyone tried it and what is the price.

post-105662-1273378426_thumb.jpg

post-105662-1273378450_thumb.png

now I'm really hungry

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

Hmm i haven't actually seen the identical donar kebabs that they have in the UK, but there are some very similar, although the majority you will find around nana (soi 3 and 5) and tend to be smaller street vendors.

A wonderful place in Udomsuk (http://www.letseat.at/google) this was the restaurant information i found on google.

They sell a donar kebab wrapped in a pita with fries and salad (very tasty) and for only 60 baht - well worth trying out if you are in the area

You want the doner that you get in the Turkish shops in the UK.. Compacted ground meat in a big cone. That will be hard to find because it's made by an industrial process using meat leftovers for the UK market and isn't what the Turks would eat themselves.

Orrible stuff every trip back to the UK I buy one....... not sure why? I like to put it in the grill and make it crispy then top it off with garlic sauce.

I prefer the swarma's served in arabic countries (same as the ones served in Nana and on Sukhumvit.

I prefer garlic sauce too, especially on Greek style kebabs.. For years I went to this fantastic place in Melbourne that did Greek style food, despite being owned by Turks.. When I went back it had turned into a plasticy Turkish place and I was gutted.

J.J. market, there is a Turkish guy who is doing proper donar... and even more, superb sweets.

JJ is a big place... any ideas whereabouts in JJ?

Cheers...

Sorry, just walk around...

No idea about the sub-soi number

but the place is on the way to the new air-con plaza building and near to the market offices.

J.J. market, there is a Turkish guy who is doing proper donar... and even more, superb sweets.

Cheers...

but the place is on the way to the new air-con plaza building and near to the market offices.

where is JJ market?

Cheers...

where is JJ market?

Where is Bangkok :):D

Regarding doner kebabs I've never seen one in Bangkok used to have one in Samui but it was pony. Decent shish kebabs here though. Maybe you should search for one of those instead. :)

And yes I hate to admit it but if you keep playing like yesterday Portsmouth are in for a hammering. :D

Regarding doner kebabs I've never seen one in Bangkok used to have one in Samui but it was pony. Decent shish kebabs here though. Maybe you should search for one of those instead. :)

And yes I hate to admit it but if you keep playing like yesterday Portsmouth are in for a hammering. :D

would have killed for a donor last night, 8 goals gets you hungry. well if I find doners in BKK I'll let you know

Not much use to the OP as he probably doesnt know the area, however I scoffed 2 of these down this afternoon.

Tawana square, right next to The Mall Bang Kapi, for those that know the area, if you enter the market from the car park of The Mall, cross at the zebra crossing beside the car park exit, turn right and walk about 20 or 30 yards, the kebab shop is on your right hand side, cant miss it, has a big picture of a kebab and the little Turkish guy will be stood beside the kebab stand.

49 baht, a bargain.

Not much use to the OP as he probably doesnt know the area, however I scoffed 2 of these down this afternoon.

Tawana square, right next to The Mall Bang Kapi, for those that know the area, if you enter the market from the car park of The Mall, cross at the zebra crossing beside the car park exit, turn right and walk about 20 or 30 yards, the kebab shop is on your right hand side, cant miss it, has a big picture of a kebab and the little Turkish guy will be stood beside the kebab stand.

49 baht, a bargain.

Sorry bit confused is that turn right out of the mall past happyland and further on the right??

49 baht, a bargain.

Sorry bit confused is that turn right out of the mall past happyland and further on the right??

Sorry Smokie, didnt explain it properly.

Enter The Mall by the front enterance, walk right to the back door exit, turn right and keep walking, the car park is now on your left hand side.

You will now come to the side or back enterance to Tawana square, right at the zebra crossing is the car park exit, the one where you hand back your ticket.

Walk straight across the road, and enter the market, then head off to the right hand side, by this time your sense of smell should be picking up the smell of the meat being grilled.

You are talking if you come out of The Mall at the main exit, I am talking about the exit from the car park, which is about 100 yards back, in the direction of the khlong.

Have also seen others ask the question about those hookah, hubbly bubbly pipes, well i saw at least 3 or 4 stalls in the exact same area I just mentioned selling them, make sure to get the glass and not the acrylic ones.

49 baht, a bargain.

Enter The Mall by the front enterance, walk right to the back door exit, turn right and keep walking, the car park is now on your left hand side.

You will now come to the side or back enterance to Tawana square, right at the zebra crossing is the car park exit, the one where you hand back your ticket.

Walk straight across the road, and enter the market, then head off to the right hand side, by this time your sense of smell should be picking up the smell of the meat being grilled.

You are talking if you come out of The Mall at the main exit, I am talking about the exit from the car park, which is about 100 yards back, in the direction of the khlong.

Have also seen others ask the question about those hookah, hubbly bubbly pipes, well i saw at least 3 or 4 stalls in the exact same area I just mentioned selling them, make sure to get the glass and not the acrylic ones.

Thanks rgs I'll check it out next trip to Bangkok. I love some sheesha! :)

Can try Beirut at silom.

It is near skytrain BTs.

You can get kebab there.

Sandwich with chicken around 70 bht

49 baht, a bargain.

Thanks rgs I'll check it out next trip to Bangkok. I love some sheesha! :)

When I was a young soldier in Germany I once passed out with quite a bit of doner meat in my mouth and teeth. Not only was it a horrible taste but i thought I had mouth cancer or something because I didn't remember eating it in the first place.